Thread: HD2 - Total Internet

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

HD2 - Total Internet

I seem to get a different answer from T-Mobile by phone, online chat and the store on the use of my current Total Internet + hotspot plan (now on MDA).

1. T-Mobile chat conformed I can use my existing Total Internet plan on an upgrade to the HD2 but "The HD2 is a much more advanced phone than the ones the Total Internet feature was designed for. The current data features are much more robust. and provide a much better browsing experience"

2. Phone call to store - Rep stated he was using HD2 with Total Internet and was getting 3G.

3. Visit to store -Yes, you can keep Total Internet and hotspot but will only be able to use Edge and not 3G

I could probably repeat this exercise and maybe get some different answers but find it rather frustrating.

Does anyone here have any experience or comments on using the HD2 and Total Internet?

I have searched the forum but could not find any reference to this combination in previous posts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's what I've come to expect, you will always get different answers but the bottom line is that Total Internet will work with the HD2 and with no limitations as to what network it will allow you to get on. It might require use of the internet2.voicestream.com apn but it will work.
    Bye!

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drofli
    "The HD2 is a much more advanced phone than the ones the Total Internet feature was designed for.
    I am Laughing! it must be TMO idiot CRS said so. (I do not mean to offense anyone, anyway).
    My $2.99 tzone is even more advanced feature than this phone can handle!
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Depends on where you are.
    If you're in 3G coverage area, you have it covered.
    I used to have VPN before migration and I was able to get 3G even back to May 2008.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the responses. I could have posted some other quotes such as "Total Internet is not designed for 3G speeds" etc.etc. In general all the responses had a liberal splattering of 'Waste Bovine matter' that initially planted some doubt in my mind, hence the request from help here.

Anyhow, I took the plunge and ordered it online for $160 including taxes including 2 day shipping, as they are currently in stock, or at least that is what I was told.
    Last edited by drofli; 03-26-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Total Internet is fine; I have it (grandfathered) and am using it with the HD2. I paid full retail for the phone though - I refuse to tamper with going back on contract at this point, and I also refuse to convert to EM+ and lose my grandfathered pricing!

Feedback Score
    I think there is no question that the old "Total Internet" plan will work on the HD2 (regardless of the fact that many T-Mo reps say that it won't).

The question is--will they allow a customer to keep that plan, when upgrading to the HD2 with a contract renewal?

So Drofli (if still reading), when you ordered the phone online in March of this year, with a contract renewal, were you allowed to keep your Total Internet plan?

Following is a new thread about this question--

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1655971