Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG-VX5600 Accolade ringtones?

Feedback Score

LG-VX5600 Accolade ringtones?

Hi, I've looked for info on this, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I purchased an LG-VX5600 Accolade cell and wanted to know if there's any way to upload an mp3 clip from my computer to the phone to use as a ringtone? It only came with a usb data cable, but no software, so I'm not sure how to go about doing it if it is in fact possible.

Thanks in advance,
    LtS

Phone
    Droid x2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lefkytheshin
    Hi, I've looked for info on this, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I purchased an LG-VX5600 Accolade cell and wanted to know if there's any way to upload an mp3 clip from my computer to the phone to use as a ringtone? It only came with a usb data cable, but no software, so I'm not sure how to go about doing it if it is in fact possible.

Thanks in advance,
    LtS
    Is this forum dead?

Phones
    Ally
    Fathom
    Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The US Cable that comes with the Accolade is mainly for charging the phone. You can charge from the wall plug or from the Computer. There isn't really any data capabilities because this was intended as an entry level phone... However you can use sites like "www.phonezoo.Com where you can upload, and edit sounds, and then download them via txt message back to your phone.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, LG, I recently found the proper address to email them to my phone.

Phones
    Ally
    Fathom
    Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There is a free application called "BitPim" (www.bitpim.org) that might work for you. BitPim is very powerful utility so use it with caution until you get familiar with it. Currently it hasn't been updated to support the VX5600, officially, but the 5600 is close enough to the VX5500 so I use VX5500 settings and I was able to transfer over my ringtones... If you decide to pick up BitPim let me know and i can walk you through using it.

Phone
    LG Accolade
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the information regarding BitPim. I have also been looking for a means to access the data on my VX5600 and this program allowed me to download a photo from my phone directly to my PC.

Feedback Score
    I've had success with the email address I found on another forum, but will try Bitpim as well, just to see. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Hi LG Product Pro,

I tried to use BitPim software to read my cellphone VX5600 but it still not working you have instruction how to use it.

Best Regards.

Feedback Score
    Hi LG Product Pro,

I tried to use BitPim software to read my cellphone VX5600 but it still not working you have instruction how to use it.

Best Regards.

Feedback Score
    If you don't have web access or texting abilities, can you still download ringtones to your phone using the usb cable on the accolade? If you send a picture to your email from your phone, are you able to reply to that email with the ringtone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LG Product Pro View Post
    Currently it hasn't been updated to support the VX5600, officially, but the 5600 is close enough to the VX5500 so I use VX5500 settings and I was able to transfer over my ringtones...
    I've tried that (switching the bitpm settings to vx5500) without success. I have a valid connection, and bitpm "sees" the phone, but no data is exchanged. It would be super if you could put a simple bullet point on what you did, or what steps are "outside the normal" steps, that would be fantastic!

Phones
    Ally
    Fathom
    Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My Mistake.... The VX5600 is very similar to the VX5500 so when I plugged mine in and it didn't recognize it I told BitPim to use the VX550 "Memory Template" of where the folders are and seemed to have brief success. After posting I actually found the time to try and transfer data back and forth and was not successful... I haven't taken the time to try other LG Models to see if one's folder structure is similar to the Accolade so that we can use it to transfer files.... Has anyone else had any Success?
    I'll try some phones today to see if I can find any settings that might work.

Feedback Score
    Simple. go to www.phonezoo.com

Feedback Score

Locked by Verison

This thread appears to be one of the first hits for "accolade ringtone" off of Google and I wanted to contribute some additional information to save folks time searching / experimenting on their own.

For pictures:
    - Download VCast Media Manager from Verizon Wireless.
    - This will allow pictures to be transferred to / from the Accolade (aka LG-VX5600), but not ringtones.
    - In Vcast, you will see under music that LG Accoldate is "not supported".
    - Note: If you have a 64-bit operating system, at the time of this post, a 64-bit version of VCast does not exist.

For ringtones:
    Background: I purchased this phone from a Verizon Wireless store in September 2010. The default ringtones on the phone did not care for. The whole purpose in trying this experiment was to download / upload to the phone a single ringtone. I have no intentions of downloading / uploading a ton of music (and frankly, the phone only has 80MB of memory so there isn't much you could do anyways). Just a single ringtone, an old telephone ringing. Nothing too custom or too fancy.

1) Visit http://www.lgforum.com/resources to download a driver that will allow your LG phone to connect to your computer via a USB cable.

2) Download "BitPim 1.0.7" from sourceforge.

3) In BitPim, go to "Edit Settings"

4) Click Phone Wizard

5) Choose "Verizon Wireless", "LG", "LG-VX5500". Note, that is a "V" in there and not an "L", which looks similar in the list.

6) For the port, select the one that says "LGE CDMA USB Serial Port"

7) Back on the "BitPim Setting" screen, choose "Block writing anything to the phone". Not required, but safety purposes turn this on.

8) In BitPim, choose "Data" "GetPhone Data" and select Ringtones only.

9) You'll see a message of "Access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider".

10) You are stuck here. There may be other means to unlock the phone, but, it may violate agreement with Verizon. I honestly don't know and don't care to find out. Talk to Verizon if unhappy about this.

11) If like me, you are in this for a single ringtone, for the $1-$3 ... go here to fix the issue: http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com. For pictures, if I need to get them off the phone, I'll use VCast.

Through reading other reports off Google, if you are not on Verizon, you may have more luck and BitPim may work for you. Feel free to post additional findings to this thread.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone for their posts, especially perlith for the detailed instructions on getting started with BitPim.

I was able to download my pictures with BitPim, and I believe that ringtones can be downloaded similarly. Some of the below instructions will be copied from perlith's last post.

1) Visit http://www.lgforum.com/resources to download a driver that will allow your LG phone to connect to your computer via a USB cable.

2) Download "BitPim 1.0.7" from sourceforge.

3) Connect your phone to your computer. (Steps 3 and 4 may be interchangeable.)

4) Start BitPim.

5) Go to Edit->Settings to bring up the BitPim Settings window. This window may come up right away on startup, though.

6) Check "Block writing anything to the phone". Not required, but a good idea.

...Before getting to the next few instructions, note that this may not be literally what I did. I had to play around with things before getting it all to work. But in a nutshell, 7 and 8 are what I ended up with.

7) Phone type: LG-VX5500.

8) Port: COM5. This should correspond to "LGE CDMA USB Serial Port". Click the Browse button to make sure that you have the right port # for the Serial Port. (In case this makes a difference, I'm using Win XP.)

9) Hit OK to close the BitPim Settings window.

10) Choose View->View Filesystem.

11) On the design tree, you'll see a Filesystem icon. Select this.

12) Peruse the filesystem in the data pane. I found my photos in /brew/mod/10888. To save them, I had to right-click each one and select Save. I don't use ringtones, but I see some in /brew/mod/18067. Try looking through the other subfolders in /brew/mod in case you don't see yours there.

Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast