Thread: How long after porting will my Verizon account close?

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

How long after porting will my Verizon account close?

Hello all

I recently had my old Verizon phone number ported over to my TP2 and onto the P+ system.

This number was the only number an phone I have left with Verizon and was and always has been the only phone an number I had on this account.

Before I did this I was told in several ways that there was nothing I needed to do to my old Verizon account as that this porting would cancel that.

I did this on Wednesday and it was started then but with P+'s issue this week it wasn't completed till Thursday.

Since then I have confirmed a few times that this number is on the Page Plus system and as well when I check my Verizon account online it is not showing any of the activity I have done with this number since it was ported over so I’m sure that it is but it does still show this number on my Verizon account and the online account seems just as it was before.

So does anyone think I should call them up and do something about this before the cycle date as I really don’t want to get billed for another month.

Its cycle date is 4/5/10 so is that when it might cancel as I seem to recall when I called to cancel the account my new device had with them, they tried to tell me it wouldn't be canceled till the cycle date.

Thanks all.

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Indeed, porting out should always cancel your number with the old provider. I would double check and give them a call. Perhaps their online system is just not showing it accurately. I have not heard of any cases where a Verizon port FAILED to cancel the account with Verizon, so if it did indeed happen in this case, it would be new for me!

Thanks,
    Kitty

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    Indeed, porting out should always cancel your number with the old provider. I would double check and give them a call. Perhaps their online system is just not showing it accurately. I have not heard of any cases where a Verizon port FAILED to cancel the account with Verizon, so if it did indeed happen in this case, it would be new for me!

Thanks,
    Kitty
    Workin on a Sunday Kitty, do you ever take any time off?

So just to ask should I take it from you then that even though its been only a few days, to the best of your knowledge, I should not be able to see the info I'm seeing?

At any rate, perhaps I'll give it about another week and see if anything changes and if before a few days before it is supposed to cycle it still is the same I'll give them a call.

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    When I left Verizon, my number ports happened right away, but my account was open until the end of the billing cycle. Even now, I can still log in, but I can't really see anything (except the bill for my ETF heh).

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WBFAir
    Workin on a Sunday Kitty, do you ever take any time off?

So just to ask should I take it from you then that even though its been only a few days, to the best of your knowledge, I should not be able to see the info I'm seeing?

At any rate, perhaps I'll give it about another week and see if anything changes and if before a few days before it is supposed to cycle it still is the same I'll give them a call.

Thanks for the help.
    Time off! THAT is what I left out of the business plan! Gosh, I was wondering why my folks around here were giving me really dirty looks today :-) Heh.

According to tmason above, his account stayed open on the web through the end of his billing cycle. If it were me, I'd call them and inquire right away, but that's only because I personally hate loose ends

Kitty

Feedback Score
    This is waht happened to me when I ported to PPC. The online port finished in 2 minutes.

You should have gotten an email from VZW the day you ported the number telling you the online account has changed.

----------------------------
    Account Owner access is now assigned to the cell phone number listed in the subject line.

The Account Owner has complete access to all account management functions for all cell phones on the account.

* View and pay bill
    * Add new lines
    * Change plans
    * Upgrade to new phones, and more.

If you did not request this change, please contact us immediately at 800-350-xxxx.
    ---------------------------
    End quote.

After a few days all info inside the online account will disappear. At the end of your billing cycle you will get a final bill.

If it does not happen you may want to call VZW to confirm and cancel your account.

Phones
    LG Rumor2 PagePlus
    Samsung Exclaim Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Anytime you port ANY number, it is always a good idea to make sure that the original account is closed.

A voip provider that I deal with doesn't close it, but uses the excuse that you can still make outgoing calls, and its your responsibility to make sure its closed.

Just another way to ding ya for another month.

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No I never got any e-mails from Verizon so maybe I should call.

Will give them a call Monday.

Was just kinda hoping not to as it may sound silly but when I called to cancel the account I had when I first got this device boy did they cry like little girls and whined like crazy to know why I was leaving and where I was going and I just don't feel like dealing with that again.

I so wanted to let them know so bad too an I almost let it slip but I'm worried if they start loosing to much business to P+ that they eventually shut them down by taking away their network.

Anyway better to call then to get hit with another month of charges.

Thanks all.

Phone
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I did not get anything from Verizon when I ported my number a couple of months ago either. I had sent them an e-mail a couple of days later telling them to close my account and received a reply asking me to come back and join a more suitable plan based on my usage. I got a bill for $0.00 at the regular time the following month and have received no bills since then.

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bawaji
    I did not get anything from Verizon when I ported my number a couple of months ago either. I had sent them an e-mail a couple of days later telling them to close my account and received a reply asking me to come back and join a more suitable plan based on my usage. I got a bill for $0.00 at the regular time the following month and have received no bills since then.
    bawaji do you by any chance remember who it was you e-mailed? Was it just general customer service or was there a special account canceling address?

Actually this would be nice as I would have some sort of written confirmation

Thanks

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    There were threads in the VZW forum about this several months ago. People porting to fill in the blank, then getting a bill from VZW as it never got canceled. VZW was the only one I have ever heard of with this problem though.

Phone
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    WBFAir,

I entered a ticket online. I logged in to my account, and clicked on support, then on "Contact us." You can choose "Send an e-mail" from that page.

The reply I received was from wfmmwirt@hq.verizonwireless.com.

Feedback Score

Cool

I just ran into this issue myself as I was concerned as well. I called Verizon and spoke to "porche" and she said that the line will remain active in the system until the end of the billing cycle and will be removed after that. My billing cycle does not end until April 8th but this made sense to me when she explained it.

Hope that helped and good luck with Page Plus

--Nick

Phones
    Nokia 6315i
    Motorola V3m
    Feedback Score
    Don't know about Verizon, but after porting out of Tmobile, I still got bills for extra 2 months with 0 balance and then stopped.

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just to give a update, I wrote to the general account cancellation e-mail address yesterday and provided all the required info, shortly after I got a general reply with a ticket number.

Today under that ticket number I got a reply from a rep saying that as a result of the porting alone that this account will be canceled at the cycle date and any remaining balance billed.

Well at least I have it on paper now and with a ticket number.

Will reply if any of this doesn't happen.

Thanks for all the help.