Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) Pre-Release Thread

Phone
    Motorola Droid/Iphone 3G
    Feedback Score

Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) Pre-Release Thread

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk84hFv...ient=mv-google

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about this phone here. Looks really nice and the specs are amazing.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Motorola Droid A855
    Palm Pixi Plus (backup/fun)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb unit
    I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about this phone here.
    Most likely because it is a GSM phone. Verizon is CDMA. I think T Mobile will be getting it (since they had the Galaxy). So you might want to look at their forum for more discussion.

Phone
    Motorola Droid/Iphone 3G
    Feedback Score
    **** I didn't Even see that it was a gsm phone. BS. To bad cause it looks promising.

Phone
    Moto Droid !!
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i had a samsung phone for about 3 days. couldnt handle the quirkyness of it. all kinds of crazy little things were going on with it. after that, i would not be able to recommend a samsung unit.
    http://www.LoadsofEbooks.com
    Your online source for instant downloads of thousands of ebooks, study guides, website templates and more !!

Phones
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    LG VX8600
    LG VX6100
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Samsung provides the screens, flash memory and chips for a lot of phones out there. While the Super AMOLED may only be on their handsets initially, I can see them selling it to competitors.

So, basically, if you want the phone for it's screen (and are wary of Samsung products), give it time, odds are you can get the same tech from a different manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to bump this old thread, but a search of this forum doesn't show much for this phone. Rumor is that it will be making it to verizon, but details are scarce. This is the phone I want and eagerly awaiting any word/rumors.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Droid x2
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    actually they said they were gonna make a cdma version of the galaxy s. i got to play with this thing for a little bit on my vaca to korea and its actually a very nice phone. their touchwiz ui is a little better than before but is that much speedier if you disable touchwiz. the display is amazing. i dont know about the lay out...seemed a little too feature phone for me. but all in all a great phone.
    sucky stock 2.2 droidx2

Feedback Score
    i guess you guys didnt see the cdma version? vzw will be getting it and the samsung guys are working 24/7 on getting it ready.you should see some leaked info soon on when it will be released on big red.they are also attempting to keep it hush much as possible.
    Moto Razr

Phone
    Nexus
    Carrier
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23 View Post
    i guess you guys didnt see the cdma version? vzw will be getting it and the samsung guys are working 24/7 on getting it ready.you should see some leaked info soon on when it will be released on big red.they are also attempting to keep it hush much as possible.
    Hmm, hush hush enough that VZW could make it into Samsung's plans for a massive launch throughout June all over the world, even with no leaks as of yet?

Phone
    DROID X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    MY math skills were never great...but seeing bill23's comment here, and seeing his "fathers day" remark in the MotoShadow thread - makes me add two&two together and the result is: Samsung Galazy S is coming to VZW next month?!?!?

Phone
    Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think I could ever own another Samsung phone. Every Samsung phone I've owned has been a nightmare when I actually used my phone as a well....phone. My last one was a complete joke when I went camping where as my friend also on Verizon had no issues.

Phones
    iPhone 3g 16gb J/B
    iPhone 3g 8gb J/b
    Carrier
    AT&T,...EAD
    Feedback Score
    nice vibrant screen but soo much of an iPhone ripoff its disgusting.. somthing im trying to get AWAY from!

Way overskinned too, EWWW

Phone
    Droid 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23 View Post
    Can you at least tell us if the VZW version will add flash, which the GSM version is missing? After all this is suppose to be like their top Android phone, and its odd to see the lower-mid end Galaxy models come with flash, but the higher end model doesn't.

Feedback Score
    ^^ i think it's not oddset but products diversification in order to maximize sales. They don't want you to
    be too satisfied with one product, why should you otherwise buy the next incarnation? Motorola is currently
    doing the same - why is the 8 mp camera only on the shadow (or the xt720, which is outdated in every other aspect)
    but not the droid 2? Next thing will be thatcher samsung releases a galaxy s version with qwerty.. if ethischen would also
    include also flaschen light for the camera, ethischen then indeed would be the desired superphone we've all been waiting for.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast