Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "SaskTel network upgrade & when can I get an iPhone thread"

Feedback Score
    Digging around in some other forums the rumor on the street is Sasktel is going to allow compatible unlocked phones right from day one.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson K850i,Sony Ericsson W810i,Nokia N8
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carriers
    Sasktel
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    where did you hear that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brunt51 View Post
    Digging around in some other forums the rumor on the street is Sasktel is going to allow compatible unlocked phones right from day one.

Yes.. where did you hear that??!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgz View Post
    where did you hear that?
    Quote Originally Posted by zillyp View Post
    Yes.. where did you hear that??!
    http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showt...t=88009&page=5

YMMV, but it is exciting if they do get on board right from day one.

Feedback Score
    Sasktel, Telus, and Bell signed a "Network Sharing agreement" between each other back in 2009 in preparation for the new 3Gs networks.
    What does this exactly mean? Once S'tel has their network up and running will we be able to subscribe to Telus's service using Sasktel's Towers/Network??

Phone
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    I had a bit of a dialog with SaskTel customer service. After a finding the right people I received confirmation that you will be able to buy a SaskTel SIM card for non-SaskTel phones:
    Dear Mike:

There is an opportunity to activate a non-SaskTel certified device on the SaskTel 3G+ wireless network. Customers must purchase a SaskTel SIM card in order to activate a non-SaskTel device on the network and the phone must meet the following requirements:
    ? It meets network specifications of the SaskTel 3G+ network (must be a UMTS/HSPA device (not GSM or EDGE only) ? It operates on the 850 Mhz and 1900 Mhz frequency bands ? It is unlocked (SaskTel will not assist in the unlocking of your device)

There is a 30 day return policy on SIM cards returned to the store of purchase, however no refunds will be applied for the SIM card or any activation fees charged.

SaskTel cannot guarantee that all features and functions of a non-SaskTel device will operate properly. For consistent and reliable service with all features and functions, you should consider purchasing a SaskTel-approved device. SaskTel offers a large selection of cellular phones and wireless data devices through the SaskTel Store and SaskTel Authorized Dealers.

Thank you for using www.sasktel.com. Please reply to this e-mail with any further questions.

Sincerely,
    SaskTel Customer Services Team

DISCLAIMER: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender. Reference Number:1-86630366 {InternalRefNumber:1-1FKSF2}
    Later they said:
    You can visit any SaskTel wireless dealer and you do not need to bring in a copy of this email. Everyone has received the same training and will be able to assist you.
    But I'm going to bring a copy anyway. Since the whole reason I started this investigation was because they said I could not do it (and that no other carrier would either). Silly guys.

Carrier
    SaskTel Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I talked to a dealer today and he stated that SaskTel is going to let people use unlocked phones. The iPhone 4 will probably be alittle while yet...damn.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson K850i,Sony Ericsson W810i,Nokia N8
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carriers
    Sasktel
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.1.21214/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

well that's good to know.

Carrier
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by outlandz View Post
    Sasktel, Telus, and Bell signed a "Network Sharing agreement" between each other back in 2009 in preparation for the new 3Gs networks.
    What does this exactly mean? Once S'tel has their network up and running will we be able to subscribe to Telus's service using Sasktel's Towers/Network??
    That's exactly what it means.

Feedback Score
    From what I understand is, the new network will allow 3G Telus, Bell customers on the 3G SaskTel network for Roaming?

Feedback Score
    I spoke with a rep from Telus today and they expect to be offering the Iphone to Saskatchewan customers in the next couple of weeks. I hope for Sasktel's sake they finish the iphone "negotiations" by then. I'm looking at buying three iphones and with the same network through Telus $60/month 250 minutes and 6gigs of data on a three year contract for $159 for the 16gig phone and $269 for the 32gig I will be gone if Sasktel doesn't have an exact time frame to be offering the iphone. I heard a rumour that it may not be until x-mas. I hope it is not true but we will see next week.

Feedback Score

SaskTel Information Needed...

OK, there must be some SaskTel employees that visit this site, with the very information we need, perhaps they can answer a couple of very simple questions.

1. With the launch only 3 days away, what is the deal with the iPhone? When and if? We know you have a handset purchasing agreement with Bell, so what is the holdup?

2. I have heard a very disturbing rumour that SaskTel will not be allowing the use of unlocked GSM handsets, including factory unlocked iPhones! Why! Seems like a dumb decision to me.

I just figure that SaskTel's loyal long-time customers deserve a little more then the constant run around, considering the CEO's remark, "...bringing the best technology in the world to our customers."

Just a thought. Cheers.

Phones
    BB 9900
    BB 9900
    BB PB
    Carriers
    Sasktel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodath View Post
    OK, there must be some SaskTel employees that visit this site, with the very information we need, perhaps they can answer a couple of very simple questions.

1. With the launch only 3 days away, what is the deal with the iPhone? When and if? We know you have a handset purchasing agreement with Bell, so what is the holdup?

2. I have heard a very disturbing rumour that SaskTel will not be allowing the use of unlocked GSM handsets, including factory unlocked iPhones! Why! Seems like a dumb decision to me.

I just figure that SaskTel's loyal long-time customers deserve a little more then the constant run around, considering the CEO's remark, "...bringing the best technology in the world to our customers."

Just a thought. Cheers.
    About point #2, read post #156 above. They will allow unlocked 3G UMTS handsets that are on the 850 and 1900 Mhz frequencies. Sasktel like Telus and Bell will not have EDGE (2G GSM) Fallback. With that said, Sasktel will allow unlocked iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4's.

Phones
    iPhone 5, a Novatel LTE data stick, and many others
    iPhone 5 (unlocked)
    iPhone 4 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    SaskTel
    Rogers (10 GB data plan)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor2010 View Post
    Heh, are you a tester also?
    Nothing so grand - I simply bought an unlocked iPhone 4.
    SaskTel 306, Rogers 647/306 data, Bell 519 data, Wind 587, PureTalkUSA 406, T-Mobile 716 & 347, AT&T iPad SIM 716, T-Mobile data 619, PagePlus 619 & 727

GSM phones: iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, Nokia Nuron (AWS 3G), Otech F1 (quad-SIM 2G GSM), Nokia E63, Sony-Ericsson K610i, Sony-Ericsson Z310i. All unlocked.

Phone
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    And thus begins the iPhone race between Telus and SaskTel.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast