Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Koodo is getting Blackberries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    557
    Phones
    BLACKBERRY 9700
    APPLE IPHONE 3GS
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0

    Koodo is getting Blackberries

    http://koodomobile.blackberry.com/
    thats all i need to say

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    LG Keybo
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    :O

    Good thing I didn't buy the Banter on a whim like I was going to!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,162
    Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    0
    ok...i can understand when a user is unable to find an existing thread on the same topic using the search function.
    but when the thread at the top of the forum was "BlackBerry 8530" i think it is kind of obvious where information such as this should be posted.

    Last edited by live_strong; 03-30-2010 at 06:00 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22
    Phones
    LG Banter
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystardust13
    :O

    Good thing I didn't buy the Banter on a whim like I was going to!
    I`m one of them that got the Banter a few days ago. Actually it`s a great phone for 125 bucks and knowing Koodo, the Blackberry will probably take forever to come to fruition.

    It`s an interesting bit of info re: Blackberries.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    do you know when these will go on sale and when they will offer up plans for these?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Halifax, N.S, Canada
    Posts
    558
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Fido had a page like that way before they ever launched blackberries, so it could be a long while before Koodo launches blackberries. Also keep in mind, this could be a page for Koodos own employees ( as in executives and such), that i am sure use blackberries. So in other words, this could be for internal and not external use. I do hope Koodo will launch blackberries, however, just wanted to share that just in case, since no one has mentioned it yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,858
    Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan_Issa
    Fido had a page like that way before they ever launched blackberries, so it could be a long while before Koodo launches blackberries. Also keep in mind, this could be a page for Koodos own employees ( as in executives and such), that i am sure use blackberries. So in other words, this could be for internal and not external use. I do hope Koodo will launch blackberries, however, just wanted to share that just in case, since no one has mentioned it yet.
    Indeed, Fido had the http://fido.blackberry.com page running for YEARS before they ever decided to launch blackberries for the general public. And yes, it was for Fido employees and RIM testing purposes. In fact, there were no plans to release Fido blackberries during those years.

    FIDO $55 MB/SK unlimited w/5GB = $44.55 (BYOD 10% + add-a-line 10% discounts, $10/GB overage)
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB soft cap)


    All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    557
    Phones
    BLACKBERRY 9700
    APPLE IPHONE 3GS
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah you are correct
    but fido had blackberry connect for awhile as well
    for koodo exec's and stuff And fido was different fido was a testing network for RIM which koodo isn't so that is different
    they use Telus phones
    I'm pretty sure koodo has to have blackberries to stay in line with fido solo virgin brands. So I think it will be in the next few months but that's my 2 cents

    As for the finding the thread for the blackberry . This was a more confirmation that koodo would get blackberries sinc

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,435
    Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (BB Tour 9630: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

    Quote Originally Posted by cellphoneSTAR
    Yeah you are correct
    but fido had blackberry connect for awhile as well
    for koodo exec's and stuff And fido was different fido was a testing network for RIM which koodo isn't so that is different
    they use Telus phones
    I'm pretty sure koodo has to have blackberries to stay in line with fido solo virgin brands. So I think it will be in the next few months but that's my 2 cents

    As for the finding the thread for the blackberry . This was a more confirmation that koodo would get blackberries sinc
    Maybe you could try including a bit more punctuation in your next post. That was painful to read.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Needless to say, if they aren't getting any special phones for awhile i will cancel.

    I've waited for the so called "sims" to come out, nothing.
    "Blackberries" ?? Really? I like koodo, i really do, but my samsung slyde makes me angry .
    And i tried every other phone. (Including the banter) , none float my boat, i needs me a smartphone (without a data plan, but one would be nice.)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    658
    Phone
    Fries Supreme
    Carrier
    Taco Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayen
    Needless to say, if they aren't getting any special phones for awhile i will cancel.

    I've waited for the so called "sims" to come out, nothing.
    "Blackberries" ?? Really? I like koodo, i really do, but my samsung slyde makes me angry .
    And i tried every other phone. (Including the banter) , none float my boat, i needs me a smartphone (without a data plan, but one would be nice.)
    Bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. So funny. You are hilarious man! Bravo!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fooledme
    Bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. So funny. You are hilarious man! Bravo!
    I try my best.
    However i'll be patient this time !
    I mean it took me 15 years to hit puberty, now i'm still waiting for adulthood, so i suppose a new phone can wait.

    Also i wonder hwo koodo's data rates will be ?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    289
    Carrier
    Some provider or another
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayen
    Needless to say, if they aren't getting any special phones for awhile i will cancel.

    I've waited for the so called "sims" to come out, nothing.
    ....
    We're waiting for Koodo to get on Telus' HSPA network and start selling SIM cards as well. I'm willing to wait until Wind launches in Vancouver and stabilizes its network. At that point, if Koodo is still stuck in the 20th century, my son's next phone will either be a UMTS AWS phone on Wind, or a UMTS band II/V phone on Fido.

    Either Telus/Koodo has something special up its sleeve to surprise us with, or they're willing to let the Koodo brand die a slow death.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    any rumors on a launch date for the blackberry? i need a new phone but am trying to hold out till these come out

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    35
    Phones
    Nokia E71-2
    LG Rumour
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier
    Telus HSPA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Too bad nothing happened today, some rumours said Koodo would start selling them today. Oh well, off to TELUS I go!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks