Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Polekat View Post
    Here in Gaylord, there has been no data whatsoever, all afternoon. I am hoping that means they had to shut it down to complete the upgrade and we will see 3G tomorrow!
    Nice! That falls into place with the dates that I've been hearing for that area!

Be sure to post here if you see the 3G (or "4G") indicator on your iPhone in the next few days. For the NE side of the state, they are doing a microwave link system from cell to cell from the Gaylord area. I was told once they get Gaylord up and running, everything else will fall into place quite quickly.
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I may have spoken too soon. After noticing my wife was still on EDGE, I checked my settings and somehow the data service switch was off. I turned it back on and there was the sad little E on my screen.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I may have spoken too soon. After noticing my wife was still on EDGE, I checked my settings and somehow the data service switch was off. I turned it back on and there was the sad little E on my screen.
    Bummer. Have you had any troubles with dropped calls or EDGE being literally dead (more so than usual?). I've been having problems basically on every tower in the NE side. I never dropped calls before, now it's usually 2-3 per day. According to the tech that I talk to, Gaylord and West Branch should definitely be online any time now. Have you seen 3G flicker or anything on your phone?

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep network quality typically takes a dip when 3G is coming as they tune down GSM spectrum or cells go down as they replace equipment etc.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    Yep network quality typically takes a dip when 3G is coming as they tune down GSM spectrum or cells go down as they replace equipment etc.
    Hopefully this is a good sign then. However, I haven't seen any physical work being down to the towers around here. :-/

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No 3G flickers or dropped calls. Nothing out of the ordinary yet

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No 3G flickers or dropped calls. Nothing out of the ordinary yet
    Have you seen any work or changes to the cell sites around Gaylord in the past few weeks?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I haven't noticed, but then again, I'm not sure where the towers are located around here. If I figure that out I will check tomorrow

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Still no new 3G in Michigan :-( I've been trying to get a hold of the AT&T guy for an update, but he hasn't called me back yet.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    dude it takes time, usually like 3 months from when they start to when it goes live unless there are other obstacles that hold it up. I'm still waiting for the stretch of I69 north of Auburn IN up into Michigan to go live.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Any place I can find tower locations? Are 2G and 3G cells easy to differentiate?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    dude it takes time, usually like 3 months from when they start to when it goes live unless there are other obstacles that hold it up. I'm still waiting for the stretch of I69 north of Auburn IN up into Michigan to go live.
    Zeph, I know it takes time. It's been quite awhile since AT&T has added any new 3G in MI. VZ is blasting LTE in new cities way faster than AT&T is tuning up new 3G. It's just aggravating.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Finally something! Name:  Ar2ScUaCAAAS0FV.png
Views: 225
Size:  264.8 KB
    Last edited by Polekat; 05-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nice, that is another area they are launching...can't wait for the I69 stretch to launch!

Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nice!!! I talked to the AT&T guy today for about an hour and he said that Gaylord was basically set, they were just waiting on a few things to fall into place before it goes live. Glad to hear you will be rocking 3G soon!!

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast