Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1067

Thread: Northern Michigan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryLaPointe View Post
    I actually got better speed on the back side of the house which the side that does NOT face De Tour. When I went to the De Tour facing side of the hose, I got a slower connection. And I still got great speed 35-40Mbps at the township park (on my iPhone) which is even farther away.
    Wow that's amazing. Thanks for the updated info. I haven't been there for a number of years but look forward getting back!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    AT&T activated LTE on another site along I-75 at the 198, between the Sterling and Alger sites.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A little birdie told me that AT&T has begun converting the ALU BBU's to Nokia BBU's in the Thumb... Something like 6-8 sites, so far...
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    A little birdie told me that AT&T has begun converting the ALU BBU's to Nokia BBU's in the Thumb... Something like 6-8 sites, so far...
    Awesome! Once converted to Nokia BBU's, is there any possible way the end user can detect that the change has been made? Like better upload speed, improved latency, etc...
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Will the new Nokias allow for band 5+2+2 CA on those sites? Or is that combo not yet deployed? There's a number of them running 3 LTE carriers in the Thumb now and I am only seeing 12+2+2 on the ones closer to the city but no 5+2+2 or 30+2+2 on those yet either.

Surprised that the water tank site in Bad Axe is still only B5

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hi , what is the difference between Alu and Nokia's equipment? I wonder what they have installed around metro Detroit area.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoDough View Post
    You have been trying for 5 years to work for AT&T? Are you retarded?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaldo View Post
    Hi , what is the difference between Alu and Nokia's equipment? I wonder what they have installed around metro Detroit area.
    Hey Chaldo.

They improve uploads along with supporting other features. These 2 tests were taken in the Thumb last night and I believe I found two of these upgraded sites. One was in Harbor Beach and the other was just SW of Bad Axe. I've never seen uploads this fast on AT&T's B2 primary carrier at 15 MHz. Still no 3x CA on the tri-band sites (2+2+5).

Bad Axe. PCI: 339
    Name:  Screenshot_20171007-233320.png
Views: 145
Size:  721.6 KB

Harbor Beach. PCI: 336
    Name:  Screenshot_20171007-230830.png
Views: 147
Size:  723.5 KB

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Hey Chaldo.

They improve uploads along with supporting other features. These 2 tests were taken in the Thumb last night and I believe I found two of these upgraded sites. One was in Harbor Beach and the other was just SW of Bad Axe. I've never seen uploads this fast on AT&T's B2 primary carrier at 15 MHz. Still no 3x CA on the tri-band sites (2+2+5).

Bad Axe. PCI: 339
    Name:  Screenshot_20171007-233320.png
Views: 145
Size:  721.6 KB

Harbor Beach. PCI: 336
    Name:  Screenshot_20171007-230830.png
Views: 147
Size:  723.5 KB
    Ah I see that's some good news then man!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Northern Michigan?

My dad has a house up north Michigan in Clare county the city is Harrison, MI

With att his service doesn't work at all. His friends with sprint and Verizon both have working service on the land of the house and inside the house. My dad gets service outside once in a while it comes in and out to make texts and such but cannot hold an phone call. He is on Springwood lake Rd and close to Springlake Rd. He has to drive around 8 minutes just to get working service outside the area. Is there anyone that can help me understand what his nearest tower is and see if there's any work to be done there? Thanks.

Zip code is also 48625 if that helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My dad has a house up north Michigan in Clare county the city is Harrison, MI

With att his service doesn't work at all. His friends with sprint and Verizon both have working service on the land of the house and inside the house. My dad gets service outside once in a while it comes in and out to make texts and such but cannot hold an phone call. He is on Springwood lake Rd and close to Springlake Rd. He has to drive around 8 minutes just to get working service outside the area. Is there anyone that can help me understand what his nearest tower is and see if there's any work to be done there? Thanks.

Zip code is also 48625 if that helps.
    More than likely a new site won’t be added to that area anytime soon, if ever. He’ll either have to rely on WiFi calling or switch providers I’m afraid.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    Awesome! Once converted to Nokia BBU's, is there any possible way the end user can detect that the change has been made? Like better upload speed, improved latency, etc...
    Better uploads is the most likely indicator of a site with a Nokia BBU, as shown by 10mm a few posts up. Other than that, I don't think you'll notice any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Will the new Nokias allow for band 5+2+2 CA on those sites? Or is that combo not yet deployed? There's a number of them running 3 LTE carriers in the Thumb now and I am only seeing 12+2+2 on the ones closer to the city but no 5+2+2 or 30+2+2 on those yet either.

Surprised that the water tank site in Bad Axe is still only B5
    The CA combinations with B5 are very limited for some reason. I would imagine more combos will be enabled in future BBU software upgrades, though.

The biggest difference is that Nokia will support the Nokia BBU's with new software and hardware going forward, while the ALU BBU's were no longer going to be supported by the former ALU, since Nokia now owns them. It also allows more carriers to be added to the site with less physical hardware in the BBU, but that isn't really a difference customers would ever notice.

Detroit is currently all ALU. In fact, all of Michigan is currently all ALU.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    More than likely a new site won’t be added to that area anytime soon, if ever. He’ll either have to rely on WiFi calling or switch providers I’m afraid.
    Even with the firstnet contract att wouldn't be required to cover the area?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, FirstNet devices will have a higher power output than standard user equipment, giving these devices a better signal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not likely, unfortunately.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the Nokia info BMW,

I just hope that AT&T would sometime hop on the same tower Verizon and Sprint use there that work at my dads place... I guess time will only tell.

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast