Thread: Possible to port a number from family plan while under contract without paying ETF?

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Possible to port a number from family plan while under contract without paying ETF?

I just found out that 2nd line on my VZW family plan isn't under contract, while main line still is, is this possble? So my question is what if I ported 2nd # to PP then have the family plan moved to a single line for the remainder of the contract, can someone tell me if this is possible without signing a new contract for the single line?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes it is possible to have different contract end dates on family plan lines.

You should be able to port out the non-contract line as long as it is not the primary line on your family plan and then select an individual plan for the remaining line. As long as you continue to have plan for that line until your contract end date, you won't owe an ETF.

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    So I can have indivisual plan until the contract runs out? Should I port 2nd line first then change to a plan for the remainder? Thanks for the help!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You may need to call and ask for the exact order, but I think that once you port the number out, you should be able to select a new plan for the line on your MyVerizon or over the phone.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can port the non-contracted number out. They won't request you change the plan, because the family plan is more expensive, so that's your responsibility after you port your number.

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca
    Yes, you can port the non-contracted number out. They won't request you change the plan, because the family plan is more expensive, so that's your responsibility after you port your number.
    So after porting there will be no confusion with reamining months in contract? I just don't want renew for 2 more years!

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Can I also port the # to the same phone the # was associated with? Wonder if that's possible?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There shouldn't be any change in your contract end date for the primary line, because Verizon allows you to switch plans at any time during your contract.

And yes, it should be possible to activate the same phone on your new carrier. As long as you don't have a past due balance, when you port the number and close that line, it should free up the phone to be activated elsewhere.

Make sure that the line you are porting is NOT the primary line on your plan though, because if you port a primary line, it will cancel all other lines on the contract, making you responsible for the ETF on the line still under contract, and cutting off your service for that line (which it sounds like you don't want).

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, spotted, i will def. check to make sure of primary first before porting the 2nd.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I did exactly what is being requested here. I had three lines with Verizon and ported two of them to Page Plus while the remaining line runs out it's contract on a $20 a month plan that exists but you have to request it.

You can also reassign which line is the primary line among lines under your plan.

I took my eight year old's 'we've got to have an electronic leash' cell phone (my oldest still working cell phone) and put it under Page Plus on a $10 prepaid card that is good for 120 days. That moved our bill for him from $10 a month to $2.50 a month. He doesn't use up the minutes because the phone is for emergencies.

I moved my wife over to PP on a $40 a month unlimited talk/text plan. She has been thrilled. The remaining son will go on a similar prepaid plan in two months when the contract for his line is up. (He actually has an old phone but wife stole the upgrade to get the ENV2 for Mom's day two years ago)

We will have gone from $109 a month to $45 a month.

Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trumptman
    I did exactly what is being requested here. I had three lines with Verizon and ported two of them to Page Plus while the remaining line runs out it's contract on a $20 a month plan that exists but you have to request it.

You can also reassign which line is the primary line among lines under your plan.

I took my eight year old's 'we've got to have an electronic leash' cell phone (my oldest still working cell phone) and put it under Page Plus on a $10 prepaid card that is good for 120 days. That moved our bill for him from $10 a month to $2.50 a month. He doesn't use up the minutes because the phone is for emergencies.

I moved my wife over to PP on a $40 a month unlimited talk/text plan. She has been thrilled. The remaining son will go on a similar prepaid plan in two months when the contract for his line is up. (He actually has an old phone but wife stole the upgrade to get the ENV2 for Mom's day two years ago)

We will have gone from $109 a month to $45 a month.
    Kudos to you! I plan to follow similar route you took hehe

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gogonaw
    Kudos to you! I plan to follow similar route you took hehe
    I would be very careful going with Page Plus since they will take people off the unlimited plan if you use to many minutes.