Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rogers Bundle Retention Thread

Phone
    HTC One
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselboi View Post
    called into retentions, but am having trouble getting them to throw in a hd digital receiver rental for free, anyone have any luck with this? I got 30% off of both internet and cable, so is asking for hd box pushing it?
    They told me I can get 20% off + free HD rental or 30% off but must pay for HD rental. The 20% off + free HD rental is a better deal. For internet, I got 30% off

Phones
    Back to LG G2, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS3,One S,Sony Xperia T skyfall edition.
    Back to LG G2, Alcatel Idol x, Nexus 5 Samsung Mega 6.3" Son's ,SGS3,Sony xperia T skyfall
    Carriers
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselboi View Post
    called into retentions, but am having trouble getting them to throw in a hd digital receiver rental for free, anyone have any luck with this? I got 30% off of both internet and cable, so is asking for hd box pushing it?
    i have those both plus $10- off phone plus HD PVR.
    Instructions for the $55- 5 Gb sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...odo-sk-mb-plan

Latest phones used: Back to LG G2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol x, Lg G2 Dropped cracked screen bent motherboard, Nexus 5 sold, Samsung Mega 6.3"! Son's, way to big for me LOL!, Sony xperia T LTE Skyfall edition wife's , HTC One sold, Nexus 4 LTE sold , LG optimus 4x sold, Samsung Galaxy s3 Daughter uses one now.

Phone
    iPhone 4 (with bigger GBs)
    Carrier
    Rogers.
    Feedback Score
    Going to be moving soon.. so need to get cable and internet service (I think I can get away without home phone service and just use my cell, in order to save costs.. unless that doesn't make any sense financially b/c of bundles).

I am currently a M2M customer for my cell phone.

What I want..
    Hardware:
    - HD PVR
    - iPhone 4 32GB

Service:
    - Cell - current plan + 6GB/$30 data plan
    - Internet - Express tier (although 60GB does seem overly restrictive when buying games from Steam) or better
    - Cable - (not sure what tier I want.. Rogers website doesn't really make it clear which channels you get..)

What is the best way to get the best deal for all of this? I don't currently have cable or internet service w/Rogers, so I'd be a new customer in that respect..

Carriers
    Rogers
    VoIP.MS
    Feedback Score
    Called to say Bell called and wanted our business back.

Was offered 'loyalty' deal which consists of:
    20% off cable services (RHSI and Cable) for 2 years
    2 HDPVR rentals free for a year,
    2 year contract.
    on top of the free HDTV terminal I already have for the year, and 15% BCB discount I'm already getting.

Overall, I'm now paying ~$2 less on my bill than before calling in, with a $23 more expensive internet (not paying $23 more), and $50 of equipment rentals (not paying for those either).

My collection- BB: 8100, 8220, 8830, 8800, 8900, 9300, 9630. LG: GR500, TE365, TU720. MT: K1, XT910. NK: n97 mini, 6101. SE: c510, w810, w580, w380, s710. SGH: D807, P207, GT-i9100, GT-i317.

Past phones- Apple: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4. BB: 8130, 8310, 8700, 9000, 9530, 9550, 9700, 9800. HTC: Dream G1, Magic G2. LG: CU500. MT: v3c, v3i, v220, v360, v551. NK: 5300, 6061, 6068, n95-4. SE: t630, w350, w760, x10, z520. SGH: A516, J706, GT-i9000m.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HP_John View Post
    They told me I can get 20% off + free HD rental or 30% off but must pay for HD rental. The 20% off + free HD rental is a better deal. For internet, I got 30% off
    I got offered the same thing the other day. The offer is called 30/20 deal.
    What it is, is that u get 30% off ur cable and internet on the 1st yr, and then 20% off the next year.

Currently I have 20% off the cable/internet plus free HD box.
    But with the 30/20 deal they are not willing to throw in the free HD box. Personally I don't think its a great deal.

I have other specialty channels rite now that are getting the 20% discount as well which is great, and there is no term on it either.

The only way I will go for this 20/30 offer is if they throw in the free HD box, otherwise I will start looking for other options. I wonder if there are any, because I've heard bell really sucks. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they can come up with on my next phone call to them.

It better be quick because my discounts are slowly dissappearing...........

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Blackberry Bold 9900, Blackberry Bold 9780, Blackberry Bold 9700
    iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My 12 Month credits and bonuses were expiring. I called in and re-negotiated my bundle. The CSR was exceptionally helpful and I didn't have to put any extra effort at all. The only comment I made was in reference to Bell being exceptionally aggressive in soliciting me and others. The conversation was friendly and cordial through and through.

Long story short: My Tenure with Rogers is LONG (early 1980s I think) - realistically I wasn't going anywhere. I currently have my wireless, landline, cable and internet with them. My cable package has almost everything (Premium channels, ethnic channels, sports timeshifting, etc.) Internet is the "High Speed Express" package which is fine for my needs. Landline is basic with VM and CID with 500 N/A minutes, and bonus minutes (nice to have) which I'll never use.

The accepted offer (under a 12 month Contract): Cable & Internet 30% Off across the board
    2 Free HD PVRs + 1 Standard PVR Free (rental fees waived for 12 months)
    15% Off Wireless (existing Retentions offer) & Landline due to Rogers Bundling

Overall I'm satisfied. I consider myself fortunate - I didn't do anything except call in. Good Luck everyone. Cheers.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just renogiated my cable/internet...received pretty standard offering of 30% off of cable and internet, and free HD PVR. I'm on the Digital VIP and Extreme packages.

Feedback Score
    $70 taxes in
    Basic home phone
    Basic TV with hd box rental for a year.
    High speed internet. 10mbps

Feedback Score
    Yah I just spoke with them and my bill can go from $266 to $193 each month. But they want two year contract (I am currently not under contract), so I want to push for one year contract on my Cable and Internet. Is that any good?

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Blackberry Bold 9900, Blackberry Bold 9780, Blackberry Bold 9700
    iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think it's entirely possible to go on a 1 year term instead of 24 months. If the CSR can't or won't......it never hurts to ask for a PVR or package upgrade. Perhaps waiving the monthly modem fee if you're renting etc..... You can also quote other service providers are offering 12 month terms. Good Luck.

Phones
    Back to LG G2, Alcatel Idol x,Nexus 5, HTC One,N4,Lg 4x,SGS3,One S,Sony Xperia T skyfall edition.
    Back to LG G2, Alcatel Idol x, Nexus 5 Samsung Mega 6.3" Son's ,SGS3,Sony xperia T skyfall
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by density View Post
    Yah I just spoke with them and my bill can go from $266 to $193 each month. But they want two year contract (I am currently not under contract), so I want to push for one year contract on my Cable and Internet. Is that any good?
    who cares? where will u go in 2 years? especially with that price?

Feedback Score
    Provider plans are always changing. I can go to Teksavvy and get 15Mbit 200GB for $42 instead of the $59.99 I pay now. Mobilicity has a $23 unlimited local and province wide plan. While I'm paying around $50 for a shetih wireless plan; considering I have a bsic cell with no data I think that's outrageous. So Rogers better give me a damn good deal.

Phones
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by density View Post
    Provider plans are always changing. I can go to Teksavvy and get 15Mbit 200GB for $42 instead of the $59.99 I pay now. Mobilicity has a $23 unlimited local and province wide plan. While I'm paying around $50 for a shetih wireless plan; considering I have a bsic cell with no data I think that's outrageous. So Rogers better give me a damn good deal.
    But we r talking tv, home phone and internet also, no?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3