Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Element Mobile - Central Wisconsin

Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Element Mobile - Central Wisconsin

Wondering if anyone has any insight on this apparent new company that is going to be taking over in central Wisconsin in lieu of Verizon?

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wisconsin RSA #7 is part of a CDMA Development group

http://www.cdg.org/about/members.asp

thier website is www.cdg.org

thank God that Michigan RSA #9 is not a part of this. yet.. I think we will be going to Verizon i hope, keeping my easter eggs hidden heheheh
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Look At Verizon's Coverage Area Map Of Wisconsin Rapids, Wi Which Is Element Mobile's New Territory Aka Rsa#7 Its Completely Sectioned Off Which Means "smell's Like Roaming" :-) And Like Chieffan58 Said, Free Calling To Verizon Customers :-)

I do know that element mobile will be supporting EVDO Rev. A infrastructure and LTE in the near future, so pretty much a name change , hopefully their customer service is good lol

Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Radio, but since we've been chatting for awhile, I knew that information. Wondering if there is anyone else out there that may have some insight we may not know about. Also, as an fyi, I expect to learn more information tomorrow night.

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    possible website for element mobile lol http://www.elementmobile.com/

you probably knew this too lol ??

so far south east michigan is still at a standstill

Phones
    HTC Desire
    HTC Desire
    Blackberry 9650
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Full roaming agreement with VZW. Regional carrier. 3rd quarter but NOT VZW service. Can't really say more, but that's what my guy says.
    This Verizon/Alltel merger has become a giant "Jump to Conclusions!" mat. We don't know what's going to happen, and when we do, I'm sure we'll all be surprised.

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Unhappy VZW Roaming or an Element Mobile phone

well looks like you either going to get free roaming for element mobile if you have an Alltel or Verizon phone.

OR

you can go belly up and buy a element mobile handset, whose CDMA network will be supported by Ericsson, HOW AWEFUL !!!!!!

THANKS SOLARUS (WI RSA #7)!!!

Can't wait to see what happens in Michigan

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Interop Technologies to Provide Element Mobile with Five Wireless Solutions
    Tools

* Email
    * Print

Posted April 28, 2010

Customers of New Central Wisconsin Network Will Benefit from High-Performance, Messaging and Device Management Technologies

FORT MYERS, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Interop Technologies, a provider of core solutions for messaging, device management, and connectivity gateways, today announced that it will provide Element Mobile with five wireless technology solutions: the world’s fastest SMS Center, massively scalable MMS Center, CDMA OTA (Over-the-Air) Provisioning, SCOPE™ Device Management with a “one-click fix,” and Common Short Code (CSC) Gateway.

Element Mobile, the business entity of Wisconsin RSA #7 Limited Partnership, is building a new network that will serve wireless customers in central Wisconsin. Interop Technologies will work with Element Mobile to deploy its solutions on site at Element Mobile’s headquarters, but Interop Technologies will operate and manage the solutions. Implementing modified hosted solutions will reduce the need for Element Mobile to invest in additional capital and resources and enable the company to rapidly launch new revenue-generating services.

“Element Mobile has a very forward-thinking deployment strategy,” said Fred Farrell, Vice President of Sales, North America, Interop Technologies. “When Element Mobile is ready to assume day-to-day responsibility for operation of the solutions, all related hardware and software already will be on site, enabling a smooth implementation.”

In a market dominated by national service providers, Element Mobile plans to offer customers the option of receiving highly reliable messaging solutions and top-notch services and support from a local provider. By leveraging the Interop Technologies SMSC 4 Series, MMSC, and CSC Gateway solutions, Element Mobile intends to provide localized content and services to attract and retain subscribers.

Jerry Wilke, COO Element Mobile, believes there are three crucial components of remarkable service: Great coverage, great local service, and Tier 1 carrier features. “With the help of Interop Technologies, we can deliver all three,” said Wilke.

Element Mobile’s decision to partner with Interop Technologies was based on the company’s product depth, device management roadmap, and the ability to support IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) architecture. In addition, the two companies share similar values centered on trust and honesty and intend to benefit from their combined knowledge and experience.

Read more: http://www.fiercewireless.com/press-...#ixzz0mdWeY3CY

Feedback Score
    Has anyone heard anything else about this company and how it's going to effect Alltel in central Wisconsin? This whole situation is getting increasingly frustrating. Alltel doesn't know what's going on, Verizon doesn't know what's going on and it seems like the customers are being kept in the dark on this one. I've had good service with Alltel, but their lack of current phones, and their markup of older phones that are new to them is a real negative.

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They might convert the Alltel towers in Wisconsin RSA #7 to Element Mobile OR
    they will set the current Alltel towers to Roam off of Element Mobile. But the kicker is that they are going to build new element mobile towers (SID's) in Central Wisconsin Area for sure. As far as customers go. You can keep your Alltel plan untill Element Mobile makes you change it, or switch to Verizon Wireless. I would switch to Verizon Wireless and a get a Hybrid PRL if i were you.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Is this Wisconsin RSA the ONLY cell service they will offer service???

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Yep

Yep, in Central Wisconsin, which includes cities like Wisconsin Rapids, and surrounding areas. So in other words they are offering only Element Mobile service, not Alltel, and not Verizon...

Feedback Score
    Well it looks like I may need to start asking around about the details on this. I really want to know how roaming will work, what devices they will have and most importantly what their prices will be. Hopefully I will be let out of my contract so I can at least have a choice. The biggest problem with all of this is that everyone I know was Alltel/Verizon so I didn't have to worry about using out of network minutes and could keep those to a minimum on my plan. Oh well, I guess I should be used to this kind of thing living in the black hole that is central Wisconsin!

Phone
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

element mobile

with Element mobile you will get free roaming on Verizon towers and free calling to Verizon phones

Feedback Score
    Well that will be good.
    I actually contacted Solarus to ask them about what was going on and was told that they will be taking over Alltel but they didn't have a date as to when. That was about the only information that seemed to know though. No coverage, device, or price information yet. It will be interesting to see if the free Verizon calling will be for a long time or if they just signed an agreement for a couple months to a couple years. I really do hope they at least give me a choice to get out of my current contract and at least try their service before I become a customer. I can only imagine that they will have some initial issues and since my cellphone is my only phone I need my service to be stable.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast