Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Palm Pre & Pixi Bypassing the Activation Process

Carriers
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score

Palm Pre & Pixi Bypassing the Activation Process

We would like to be able to demo either one or both of the Palm's WebOS Devices but not been able to bypass the activation screens. Anybody have a good known work around for this.

Phone
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    id like to know

Phone
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I need to know this as well. I need to full erase a Palm Pre Plus, but I cant get past the screen asking to set up a Palm profile. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to reset this phone without bypassing the activation screen?

Phone
    Blackberry Curve
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Since '95
    Feedback Score
    Only way past the screen is to activate it. Confirmed with Palm.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung Facinate
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB
    Only way past the screen is to activate it. Confirmed with Palm.

Love ur signature!!!

Carriers
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    I read this online

Customer was playing around with the device prior to activation and by passed the activation screen right to create or login to your profile but I can't create a palm profile becuase the activation really wasn't successful, so the device isn't on a network.

You have 2 options at this point

You can press Emergency Call and then back delete 911 and *228 that way

or you can Factory Reset the device and this is how you go about doing just that.

When on the create profile press Emergency Call and then back delete 911 and then type in ##786#

scroll down to bottom hit reset

the master subsidy # is 000000 (6 Zero's))

let phone reboot....to factory preset....nothing will be saved

Will have the phone back up to setting up the language settings.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep-Six
    I read this online

Customer was playing around with the device prior to activation and by passed the activation screen right to create or login to your profile but I can't create a palm profile becuase the activation really wasn't successful, so the device isn't on a network.

You have 2 options at this point

You can press Emergency Call and then back delete 911 and *228 that way

or you can Factory Reset the device and this is how you go about doing just that.

When on the create profile press Emergency Call and then back delete 911 and then type in ##786#

scroll down to bottom hit reset

the master subsidy # is 000000 (6 Zero's))

let phone reboot....to factory preset....nothing will be saved

Will have the phone back up to setting up the language settings.
    Actually tried messing around with these options....is there a point to them? Still doesn't get you anywhere....

Carriers
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iFLAUNT 3G(S)
    Actually tried messing around with these options....is there a point to them? Still doesn't get you anywhere....
    I put this here after searching for the same answer for close to 2 weeks. I put it on Howard forums so if I need to search for this answer later. Other's who are having the same issue can find the answer here or by google search.

Feedback Score
    this option only made it worse. now it tries to call verizon to activate. doesnt even go to profile setup screen now.

Feedback Score
    hey guys, I'm quite surprised to see no one actually managed to bypass the activation screen, or at least no one has posted the solution yet. Here we go:

1. Download the activtion bypass tool from http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar and save it where you like

2. Get to phone to run in USB mode: depending on the OS this can be a struggle or very easy. The difficult way:
    - take out the battery
    - press the phones 'volume up' button and keep pressing it during the following steps
    - plug in the usb cable while
    - put in the battery and release the 'volume up' button
    If this doesn't work, you're lucky. It'll then work like this:
    - keep the phone as it is, with battery and cover in place and press the 'volume up' button
    - plug in the usb cable and release the volume up button
    The phone is in recovery mode now, you should see the USB logo on the screen

3. From the command line (in the location where you saved the bypass tool) enter java -jar devicetool.jar

And there you are. Easy as 1.2.3.
    Maybe someone can help me how to activate the phone once it's bypassed? I haven't gotten so far yet

Carriers
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hansdekeijzer View Post
    hey guys, I'm quite surprised to see no one actually managed to bypass the activation screen, or at least no one has posted the solution yet. Here we go:

1. Download the activtion bypass tool from http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar and save it where you like

2. Get to phone to run in USB mode: depending on the OS this can be a struggle or very easy. The difficult way:
    - take out the battery
    - press the phones 'volume up' button and keep pressing it during the following steps
    - plug in the usb cable while
    - put in the battery and release the 'volume up' button
    If this doesn't work, you're lucky. It'll then work like this:
    - keep the phone as it is, with battery and cover in place and press the 'volume up' button
    - plug in the usb cable and release the volume up button
    The phone is in recovery mode now, you should see the USB logo on the screen

3. From the command line (in the location where you saved the bypass tool) enter java -jar devicetool.jar

And there you are. Easy as 1.2.3.
    Maybe someone can help me how to activate the phone once it's bypassed? I haven't gotten so far yet
    *228 Option 1 or *22899 either or works the same. If this doesnt work then just reset the device.

Phone
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    btw to buy pass the fasinate aka glakxy s (yea i spelled it all worng) boot up the phone, tunr airplane mode on, shut phone off and then turn back on and keep it in airplane mode
    My motto as a VERIZON agent- Treat the customer the way you want to be treated, if you treat them like crap dont complain when they treat you like crap. If I lose a sale I dont lose sleep over it I move on. Some people never buy from my store oh well $10 transfer fee. Some people are mad at the world, doesnt affect me.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This won't be very helpful, but my coworker was telling me the VZW CS rep he was on the phone with told him how to do it. I'm guessing it is the method with the ##786#.

Feedback Score
    what is the command line?

i dowloaded the device tool and did the usb mode thingy, but i don't understand command line

Feedback Score
    hi Aaron, the command line is in Windows and is like the old DOS environment. In Windows, open up cmd or select the command screen from your programs (probably under accessories)
    go to the directory where you saved the bypass tool and enter the command.
    then you're ready to run the unlock-tool. After unlocking, run the webos doctor to instal the latest os and you're all set.
    it took me a bit of time to figure it all out, but the result is very much worth it.

cheers, Hans

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast