Thread: Reclaim Tether

Feedback Score

Reclaim Tether

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum/hacking phones, and I am having a difficult time finding a way to hack the samsung reclaim so it can be tethered. If anyone doesn't mind sharing, I would be most appreciative! Thank you very much.

Device(s)
    LG Rumor2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    what does it mean to "tether"?

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My troll senses are tingling...

OP, you cannot tether any sprint phone for internet access. /thread

Device(s)
    Sprint HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    There are a couple options available to you capecod691. Just because some other users are not smart enough to do it, dont let them.

If you are on a business account, you can just add the Phone as MOdem service for eitehr $10 or $15 a month (I forgot which) and use Internet Connection Sharing which is built right into the phone.

If not, you can use one of the many 3rd party internet access apps out there. 2 of my favorites are:

PDAnet:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/

and

WMWifiRouter:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

I was old school before being old school was cool.

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I realize im a noob to sprint. I asked when starting up my service about tethering and the sales rep said its was expressly forbidden and that none of their phones would do that.

If you do modify your phone, is it something that sprint can catch you doing and terminate your service?

Device(s)
    Android, Windows
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes the Reclaim can tether fine. You have to do a hack to the phone first. Ive tethered with it many times when i had that phone. You can google it for instructions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wam View Post
    Yes the Reclaim can tether fine. You have to do a hack to the phone first. Ive tethered with it many times when i had that phone. You can google it for instructions.
    I have tried searching for it, but it still alludes me. Any assistance on where to RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) is appreciated.