Thread: Did some searching but not 100% on the difference between $50 unlimited $60 BB plans

Phones
    HTC G1 on T-moble
    Currently boosting a 8350i (in progress)
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Did some searching but not 100% on the difference between $50 unlimited $60 BB plans

So I am moving to a remote area in PA where there is NO quality cell/inet service. I found out from some locals that Nextel works pretty good so I was thinking I would get a 8350i Nextel phone and put it on Boost Mobile.

Just picked up the phone tonight. Normally I can get CMDA phone on and off Cricket or Metro PCS pretty quick but I am looking through the boost threads and I'm not seeing answers to some of my questions.

1. What is the differences between the Blackberry $60 plan and the Unlimited $50? Does it include the Blackberry mail server push mail? The Boost site says no and I don't see any real difference in the services. Can anyone clue me in if I am gaining anything by paying $10 bucks more a month. I called a local Boost store at they had no idea.

2. Other than buying a starter kit what do I need to go to get the phone on Boost? I have seen that some phones need to be unlocked but what does that mean? Do I need to call Nextel and ask for a code?

3. I have seen I need to download some apps and I think I have got that covered.

I am coming from T-mobile and a G1 that I just adore my phone but I'm going to have to give it up. I think the Boostberry setup will be pretty sweet I just need to pull the trigger.

Let me know if you have some of the info I am looking for or maybe a link to the info if I miss it.

Thanks,

Anthony

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There is no dedicated Blackberry plan on Boost iDen. The $60/month plan including BIS service for Blackberry is only available on Boost CDMA. All you need is a starter kit from Boost. To get the most functionality out of a Blackberry on Boost iDen, follow the directions in the sticky (at the top of the page) on Boost iDen Blackberry's.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Phones
    HTC Hero 200
    HTC Hero 200
    Carrier
    CricKet
    Feedback Score
    HTC Hero 200 Rooted Rommed and Full Flashed DamageControl v1.0
    www.boostproject.tk

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n0air
    So I am moving to a remote area in PA where there is NO quality cell/inet service. I found out from some locals that Nextel works pretty good so I was thinking I would get a 8350i Nextel phone and put it on Boost Mobile.

Just picked up the phone tonight. Normally I can get CMDA phone on and off Cricket or Metro PCS pretty quick but I am looking through the boost threads and I'm not seeing answers to some of my questions.

1. What is the differences between the Blackberry $60 plan and the Unlimited $50? Does it include the Blackberry mail server push mail? The Boost site says no and I don't see any real difference in the services. Can anyone clue me in if I am gaining anything by paying $10 bucks more a month. I called a local Boost store at they had no idea.
    You can't pay the extra 10.00 a month on the Boost IDEN 8350i period.
    2. Other than buying a starter kit what do I need to go to get the phone on Boost? I have seen that some phones need to be unlocked but what does that mean? Do I need to call Nextel and ask for a code?
    No, there is no unlock code needed but you MAY run into IT policy issues in which there are answers to here on Hofo.
    3. I have seen I need to download some apps and I think I have got that covered.

I am coming from T-mobile and a G1 that I just adore my phone but I'm going to have to give it up. I think the Boostberry setup will be pretty sweet I just need to pull the trigger.

Let me know if you have some of the info I am looking for or maybe a link to the info if I miss it.

Thanks,

Anthony
    The Boostberry deal @ 50.00 a month is sweet. I would pay the extra 10.00 however if it ever became officially available on Boost IDEN. My crystal ball is cloudy but I think if they ever decided to EOL the 8350i on Nextel you just may see it appear on Boost like the 8330 did on the CDMA side.

Here is another good link. Don't however expect Blackberry email or messaging to work. Google apps are your friend and work great.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...saging_to_work