Thread: setting the time on lg 410g

Phones
    Motorola w376g
    LG 410g
    Carriers
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

setting the time on lg 410g

anyone know how to set the time on this found. It says one hour behind the current time (ex: it says 12:52 when it is 1:52.

I misplaced my original manual, but I found one online. It tells me where I need to go in the menu to do it, but the option is not there.

the instructions say:
    9.3.1: set date
    9.3.2: date format
    9.3.3: set time
    9.3.4: time format
    9.3.5: auto update

all that is there are date format, which gives you the option of setting mm/dd/yyyy etc. and time format, which lets you choose between 12 and 24 hours.

I even went to the world clock, found my city, switched daylight savings on and off (I tried both) and no luck. Help is much appreciated

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It seems like Tracfone has disabled the ability to manually set the date and time on many of their newer phones. Perhaps this is to encourage people to activate a phone so it can pick up the time from the tower.

You might try taking the battery out and then putting it back in. This might force the phone to get the time from the tower.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You may find you have to keep the battery out of the phone for a short period.

Phones
    Motorola w376g
    LG 410g
    Carriers
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    yea who knows? I left the battery out overnight and it's still the same.

Phone
    LG 4X HD - LG-P880
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Call the phone from another phone. This *should* update the time on the phone to show the correct time. I know this works when we go on and off of daylight savings time.
    Good luck

Phones
    Motorola w376g
    LG 410g
    Carriers
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    well, it's not active. I wanted to set the time, because I am thinking of going back to using the lg410g when my service is up. I'm thinking that might correct it, as some people have said, but who knows.

I want to correct the time because if I do decide to activate this phone, I'd not really prefer to be carrying around a phone with an incorrect time on it.

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clrockny24
    well, it's not active. I wanted to set the time, because I am thinking of going back to using the lg410g when my service is up. I'm thinking that might correct it, as some people have said, but who knows.

I want to correct the time because if I do decide to activate this phone, I'd not really prefer to be carrying around a phone with an incorrect time on it.
    Well if you haven't activated it, that is the catch. I don't think I've ever seen a GSM phone that will aquire the time from the tower if it is not activated. Inactive CDMA phones will grab the time, but not GSM's. As I said previously, I imagine Tracfone has purposely disabled the ability to manually set the time as an incentive for activating the phone.

Feedback Score
    All you need to do is turn your phone off and turn it back on and the time will update!

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clrockny24 View Post

If you activate the phone, it will pick up the correct time from the network.