Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Unlimited Plans, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year for $540... What do you think?

Feedback Score

New Unlimited Plans, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year for $540... What do you think?

So what does everyone think of the new unlimited plans?

3 Months for $135
    5 Months for $270
    1 Year for $540

I am loving straight talk so I think a move to the unlimited for a year and replacement of our household landline could save us a bundle!

Anyone checking out these new plans??

Feedback Score
    Oh by the way here they are: http://www.straighttalk.com/ServicePlans

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't save us even a single penny. They all break down to $45 a month. Its only benefit whatsoever is the removal of the monthly recharge.

I'm underwhelmed.

Feedback Score
    Math was never my long suit but the cost for three, six or twelve months unlimited service is the number of months times $45--- so where's the savings? You actually lose money by paying in advance instead of just refilling monthly-- plus you're at risk if they go belly-up during your extended prepaid term.

Only thing I can figure is a fee increase may be coming for the $45 unlimited plan-- or they figure their customers are too stupid to do the math

Feedback Score
    Yeah, this is kind of odd..I don't see any reason at all to give them more money upfront without some kind of discount. Not even 10% off for paying a full year upfront? Doubtful they will get many people to do this.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Long ago I had a magazine subscription and received an offer to extend it several years at a good discount. I did ... and they immediately went out of business with my money in their pockets.

Phones
    Samsung U450 Intensity
    LGVX5500
    Samsung R355
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah,It seems ol, Carlos Slim is up to it again.He is baiting unsuspecting idiots into buying his UNLIMITED service.What a joke.He offers crappy phones and crappy service.Only a real dummie would go for this line.Eat another taco Carlos ,you Mexican scumbag and wait for the sheep to line your pockets.Straighttalk SUCKS ***!!!!!!!!!
    Verizon Wireless!!!!!!!!

Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, why would anyone sign themselves up for 1 year of monthly on "prepaid" for no benefit whatsoever?? ST's excellent customer service?
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Phone
    Yes
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Man4E1
    So what does everyone think of the new unlimited plans?

3 Months for $135
    5 Months for $270
    1 Year for $540

I am loving straight talk so I think a move to the unlimited for a year and replacement of our household landline could save us a bundle!

Anyone checking out these new plans??
    They're not new plans; they're a way of soaking you upfront for three, six, or twelve months of what's supposed to be a non-contract service.

So if you give them $540 tomorrow, and the day after that they decide they don't want to provide service to you anymore, and (obviously) you don't have a contract, what are you going to do? Remember that they are under NO obligation whatsoever to provide you with the service that you have paid for; your only recourse will be reporting them to the Florida State Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission. And good luck with that.

I wouldn't give this company any more than what was completely necessary to keep my phone turned on for a month at a time. And whatever you do, DON'T use them to replace your home phone, unless you really just don't care about not having a home phone.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well, Mr. Slim didn't get to where he is now without being a shrewd businessman. That being said, I wouldn't give this company my extra pocket change, let alone money upfront for a "prepaid" service.

Feedback Score
    I have been happy with straight talk for the past three months, however these plans don't add up or rather DO add up exactly.
    Like others have said no discount for buying in bulk? Why not just buy 3, 6, or 12 unlimited cards? In my opinion there should be at least a little incentive for laying down $540. It's a great value, don't get me wrong and the service in my opinion is worth every penny if not more. I just think they are putting a different bow on the same box for whatever reason besides the obvious $135, $270, $540 a shot instead of $45, $45, $45.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LG-LG220C[TF268435458503201533000000016032366541] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Make a smart phone available even if its 1x.

Feedback Score
    This is their ghetto attempt to do a postpaid plan type of thing. Epic fail.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got the text message last night and looked it up... then laughed and laughed and laughed. All that money upfront, no savings whatsoever... and God willing they will be but what if they're out of business in a year like what happened to Tracfancier? And I'm assuming you'd HAVE to use auto pay as well?
    NO thank you !!

They mighta had a shot at it had they made their unlimited TRULY unlimited, or took some of the restrictions off like not being able to add our own apps or games... but paying all that money upfront and getting NOTHING in return? You can kiss my *** Carlos !!!

My Babies:
    ~ 64gb iPhone 6 Plus ~ 32gb iPad Mini ~ 64gb iPad Air ~
    11" MacBook Air ~ 13" MacBook Pro ~ Retired iPhone 5S ~

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I got the message too and went to their web site. It's like signing a long contract. I'd rather pay more money for real 3G if I'm going to have a contract. I buy my cards at Walmart. This isn't a convenience to only pay online.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast