Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think of FiOS?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

What Do You Think of FiOS?

I know everyone was talking about FiOS, and thought it was going to be the best thing, but after it launched I haven't heard many good things about it. I've heard bad things about the support, price, etc. What do you think of Verizon FiOS? Is it as good as you thought it would be?

Phones
    Nexus One
    HTC Fuze (Touch Pro)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've had nothing short of a great experience with Fios, internet is blazing fast with no outages, phone works perfectly, and TV is up about 99% of the time. The only issue I've had hardware wise is my cable box acting up at times. Besides that it's all perfect.

However, it is pricy to add international calling, and apparently you can't use another company for international calls so that might be a concern if it applies to you.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My FiOS internet works great.

The TV service has sucked for me. My last two DVRs have been faulty, either not recording some programs (were scheduled fine) or the recordings being corrupted, and the Home Media DVR being overpriced and lackluster.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    Droid2 (spouse)
    OG Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    Fios Internet is very reliable. Supposed to be paying for 15/5, getting 25/12. Price has gone up (along with the speed) since I started by $15 ($35 to $50) but I was able to offset that by combining TV, Internet and Wireless (no landline service) into one bill and save $23/mo. Took Verizon a full three months to combine the services. They got the billing correct but the time it took was very frustrating.
    Always here to help. Call me "Miss Information"

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster
    Fios Internet is very reliable. Supposed to be paying for 15/5, getting 25/12. Price has gone up (along with the speed) since I started by $15 ($35 to $50) but I was able to offset that by combining TV, Internet and Wireless (no landline service) into one bill and save $23/mo. Took Verizon a full three months to combine the services. They got the billing correct but the time it took was very frustrating.
    I am looking to do the same thing, did you call Verizon wireless, or did you call the FIOS people.

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    In my experience FIOS has been great. In the three houses I've lived in the past 4 years or so, the internet was out two or three times for a couple of hours and the TV out once for four hours (another company cut the cable). Internet is the best out there, blowing slow and unreliable cable out of the water - just did a speedtest and got 25/23, paying for 25/15 (download usually goes to 30Mbit in real world). TV picture quality is great, DVR is better than Cablevision's hunk of crap equivalent, channels change quickly; service is overall better in every way. Phone works fine, nothing too special about that. Also we're combined with the wireless service for another discount. I don't know about the price per month but it's around $135, though you have to sign a contract and you get a price guarantee for a year or two.
    Verizon billing gremlins aside (haven't had those in a while), highly recommended. I know of very few people that have had problems and those were very specific complaints, some of which were not directly related to FIOS service itself.

Phones
    MOTO BIONIC
    MOTO BIONIC
    Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    ive been waiting for it since it launch in my area Summer 06... but they still have not done my area
    LTE its the network !

Phones
    MOTO BIONIC
    MOTO BIONIC
    Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    avsforums.com has lots of good info about different tv providers. etc
    and its localized too.

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Carrier
    At&t. (3g sucks in NY/NJ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    I know everyone was talking about FiOS, and thought it was going to be the best thing, but after it launched I haven't heard many good things about it. I've heard bad things about the support, price, etc. What do you think of Verizon FiOS? Is it as good as you thought it would be?
    Where did you hear this? On a cable commercial?

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about FIOS.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I love the service that I receive from FIOS. Never had a problem with them in 5 years, and I don't think I ever will either.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    Droid2 (spouse)
    OG Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skrizle mcdizle
    I am looking to do the same thing, did you call Verizon wireless, or did you call the FIOS people.
    Somewhere on the "MyVerizon" website, there was information about "One Bill", which I followed the links to apply to combine my services. Since then, the websites have changed so much, I couldn't begin to find those links.

Feedback Score
    Fios should me made mandatory. Fiber should be brought to each house no matter the location for national security reasons. The government should be able to at anytime scan and look at our computers for illegal activity since the internet was created by the government and also because the internet is like being in a public place in that you do not have any right to privacy in public. Fios would enable the government to perhaps stop another 9-11 and to also stop exploitations of certain peoples once and for all.

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by htcgoogle
    Fios should me made mandatory. Fiber should be brought to each house no matter the location for national security reasons. The government should be able to at anytime scan and look at our computers for illegal activity since the internet was created by the government and also because the internet is like being in a public place in that you do not have any right to privacy in public. Fios would enable the government to perhaps stop another 9-11 and to also stop exploitations of certain peoples once and for all.
    Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Phones
    galaxy s3
    galaxy s3
    Carriers
    the new brown (if we combine orange blue and now yellow) aka cingular!
    Feedback Score
    well my family is tired of verizon messing up the bill often. charged us for 9 boxes

at a constant bill of over $300, we're going to dish but keeping fios internet.

Phones
    Droid-X
    Droid-X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I love my Fios, I can control my DVR and my cable box from my HTC Incredible!
    Current: BIONIC
    Backup: HTC, Thunderbolt -- HTC Incredible (Skyraider)
    Past: Droid, Devour, Omnia 2, Pearl, Flipshot, Juke, Voygr, Storm, Q, Dare, Boulder, Sam U740, LG/V-111, Noko 3589, Moto V710, Moto T720, Mifi, Noko 5185i
    Dare service menu: ##77647269700

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast