Thread: How do I sync my LG290C to my PC?

Feedback Score

How do I sync my LG290C to my PC?

I saw a thread with a code to unlock the phone ##7764726290. I then realized that this was for the Tracfone. I just receive a error message from Verizon when trying. Anyone have any ideas?

Phones
    LG
    LG
    Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I just tried and it worked for me. Did you press send after entering code?

Feedback Score
    Yes. I did try sending after entering the number. That's when I received the error message from Verizon Wireless. I was never able to even get to the area to enter the code which is supposed to be 000000.

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one with a Straight Talk LG290C that is unable to unlock OBEX mode using ##7764726290? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Phone
    LG 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Getting to service menu on straight talk LG290c

After you hit ##PROGRAM290 and hit SEND, do NOT hit ok.
    You should now have a window where you enter in the 000000.

Feedback Score
    Okay, when i dial ##program290 and press send my screen says calling. Then it rings. I then hear a Verizon error saying welcome to Verizon wireless your feature update could not be completed. If you feel you have reached an error please hang up and try your call again.

Phone
    LG 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well, this is the forum for "Straight Talk Wireless". I guess the Verizon LG 290 is different than the Straight Talk version.

Feedback Score
    I purchased the LG 290C a couple days ago from my local Walmart. The company that was selling this product was StriaghtTalk. I added the unlimited 30 day card to the phone and activated it. Everything on the phone works great but when trying to call ##7764726290 I receive a verizon wireless error.

Straight Talk is a registered trademark of Tracfone Wireless, Inc. 2009 Tracfone Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved.
    All other trademarks, service marks, and trade names referenced in this site are the property of their respective owners.

Phone
    LG 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what to tell you then...

Are you sure you're hitting ## and not ** when entering ##PROGRAM290 ?
    I entered ** by mistake once, that was the only time the phone actually tried to make a call, ringing etc. When you do the ##PROGRAM290 it shouldn't ring or anything, just pop up another window to enter the six zeros.

Phone
    LG290C
    Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

Same Problem

I have the same problem when attempting to use the ##program290. i have tried it several times and get a recorded msg from Verizon stating (more or less) I can't access this feature. Has Verizon and/or ST implemented something to block a Straight Talk phone from using the program feature?

Feedback Score
    You can create your own ring tones at myxer.com. After going to the website just simply select Make Your Own. You can use any audio or image from your computer and send it via text message. It uploads the file and you select the type of phone you have. I am also using the LG 290 and it works perfectly.

Phone
    LG290C
    Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score

Sending and receiving Ringtones and Pics

I have found that the easiest way to circumvent the Bluetooth issue and no USB connectivity is to use email. If I have taken a picture with my LG290C and I want it on my computer, I send it to my email...simply put yourself into your contacts and put your email address in the appropriate place in the list for your contact info.

And then do this:
    Goto MyFolder in menu and find the tone or pic you want to send to your computer and select it, press the upperleft most key (under SEND on the screen) it will bring up the text msg window asking for where to send, select options/contacts then find your contact and then go right with your fourway button until your email shows in the window, then press OK then press DONE. Your email should appear in the send to list. Press send and it will be sent to that email address

Getting tones and pics from your computer to LG290C is quite simple. Since ST uses Verizons network use your email and send the file you want to send to this address:
    yourphonenumber@mypixmessages.com
    just so there is no confusion, if your number is 999-555-0000 then the address would be 9995550000@mypixmessages.com

Send one file at a time, multiple attachments do not appear to work, only one will get thru.

Hope this helps

Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by James Finch View Post
    After you hit ##PROGRAM290 and hit SEND, do NOT hit ok.
    You should now have a window where you enter in the 000000.
    After entering 000000, services came up. What do I do from there?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gespringer1 View Post
    After entering 000000, services came up. What do I do from there?
    Then go down to bluetooth setting and hit OK
    under FTP server hit OK
    Hit OK to turn on bluetooth
    Hit OK to turn on FTP Server
    NOW go back to Main Menu-Settings-Bluetooth
    Go to My Visibility
    Visibility then hit OK
    You now have one minute to have your computer recoqnize the LG290,
    Then you can stay connected as long as you like.
    When I'm done I usually turn off Bluetooth power in the same menu to save the battery.

I have read that if you change the default font you will have trouble entering into ##program290

HTH's Terry

Feedback Score
    disconnect bluetooth audio first
    menu, display, font settings, default font lg arial
    dial font BASIC