Thread: Can't Connect To Web Browser (LG220C)

Phone
    LG220C
    Carrier
    Verizon-Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Can't Connect To Web Browser (LG220C)

I have two LG220C Tracfones. I have Verizon as a carrier. At first Tracfone thought I had US Cellular. They said US Cellular won't work in my area (Maine) with the browser. I told them I had Verizon. I downloaded ringtones from the Tracfone website to my phones. When I go to open the browser to download them it tries to connect and then I get a message "Network Connection Lost". I've contacted Tracfone numerous times with no solution. The last option was to replace my phones with new ones if that's even the problem or not. I'm not sure how Tracfone handles swapping phones under warranty and how long it takes. I really don't want to be with out a phone. Is there any thing else I could try? Any help would be great!

Phones
    LG 290C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same exact problem with my LG 290C. I've reset my phone many times and it never helps. Tracfone is sending me a replacement phone to see if that helps. I'm not hopeful. I think there's some *2xxx number I need to dial to get reprogrammed, but I can't find the number anymore.

They've replaced this phone before because the hands-free set killed the speaker. My minutes were restored and my days of service doubled. But my phone number changed on me. I'm hoping it won't change on me again now that I have a good phone number.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To get your CDMA (on verizon) to update its roaming capabilities try:
    *22891 and send. Or *228, send, choose (option 2). I also have a 220C and it connects just great to the web.

If you are not sure who your carrier is, go to this website and type in your phone no. You will be taken to your carriers webpage to sign up for amber alerts. Then you can just close the page without signing up:

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

Phones
    LG 290C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1
    To get your CDMA (on verizon) to update its roaming capabilities try:
    *22891 and send. Or *228, send, choose (option 2). I also have a 220C and it connects just great to the web.
    I tried that and it was unsuccessful.

Phone
    LG220C
    Carrier
    Verizon-Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I tried *22891 and it made no difference. I tried connecting from Maine to Massachusetts. Get same message.

Feedback Score
    I was told you cant download ringtones directly to the phone. You had to go on straight talk from a computer and download them to your account or something. what you do with them then, i dont tknow. I never bought any. but call straight talk cust service.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Use the link weiden1 gave you in post #3. If your provider is not Verizon you will never get on the web. Trac only has a CDMA data agreement with Verizon.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    refried,
    FYI: The reprogramming and activation number is *22890. The *22891 number is to update the Preferred Roaming List (PRL) to update the roaming capabilities like weiden1 stated.