Thread: Backup Assistant Problems on LG-VN250, What is it?

Phones
    LG VX9800
    LG VX8300
    LG VX6000 (US Cellular)
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Backup Assistant Problems on LG-VN250, What is it?

Does anybody know what the "back-up assistant" is on the new LG-VN250? My wife has this phone. At night it seems to hang up on back-up assistant. I've gotten up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and they phone screen will be totally lit up and it says "back-up assistant" with a round circle of dashes (like it's thinking). It will basically stay lit until the battery wears out. If I put it on the charger in this stage, it will not charge. If I turn it off and back on it seems to work fine. We wore one battery completely out in about a week. Currently we shut the phone off at night and that preserves the juice.

Does anyone know if this is a feature that can be turned off in a deep firmware menu? Verizon doesn't know what the problem is. It's a new phone and currently at software revision 1.1. They didn't know when the next software revision would be coming down the pike.

Thanks

Gruni

Phones
    Ally
    Fathom
    Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

BackUp Assistant

Backup Assistant is a cool little application from Verizon, it's funtion is to back a backup of your phone's address book to an on-line database. The advantage is that if you loose your phone, it dies, or you just get a new one, you can retrieve your contacts from the on-line database. I don't know why it would be trying to do a backup without being activated... You can also set what time the Backup occurs so it isn't going off at night. I don't have a Cosmos to see it myself, I'm just reporting how it works on the other LG Phones I have. Normally you can uninstall it if you feel it's be obtrusive and not very useful. From the main menu Try going to "Media Center" then "Browse & Download" Then highlight "Backup Assistant" and press options. You should see an option to "Unsubscribe" Which will cancel the service and remove the application from your phone. But personally I would Keep the app and just adjst the time the backup happens. I only have a few over 100 contacts but it normally only takes a second to complete.