Thread: listening to voice message on prepaid fido

Feedback Score

listening to voice message on prepaid fido

is there any way to listen to voice messages on prepaid fido service without using the cell(can i use a regular phone?)?

i find that the fido counter in kinda inaccurate and voice messages take up a lot of minutes to listen to....

Phone
    Lg VX7000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cool Re: listening to voice message on prepaid fido

Checking or setting up your voice mail thru your cellular WILL consume your airtime for FIDO prepaid. For Vancouver users, you can dial (604)618-1123, after input your cellular no, press * immediately, then you can check your voice mail thru the landline.

More hints : Fowarding for FIDO prepaid consume your airtime too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    yeah i dialed (604)618-1123 but couldn't figure out which button to press in order to get the stupid system to allow me to listen to messages......

thanks....for the tip...

i know fowarding consumes the minutes also...
    but the timer does't come close to even matching the time cost they've been deducting...i got charged 2 bucks for making a 56sec call...do they charge for the time spent when you are waiting for someone to answer their phone?(i don't think the t28 counts the time when the phone is ringing)

the system is messed up....when i first activated the sim, I got $61 credit then they reduced it back to $50...well i know it was supposed to be $50 but why would they put $61 in my account?
    Last edited by turbo_slug; 02-27-2002 at 05:40 PM.

Phone
    SE T616
    Carrier
    fido
    Feedback Score
    call your own phone.

when the voice mail comoes on, press *

press your four digit access code followed by #

to listen to your messages press 1

to delete a message, press 7
    see my HoFo feedback : here

Phones
    Gold Iphone 5S 32gb unlocked
    Nokia 8890/N95 - back up
    Nokia 8801 / N80, iP4 - Sold
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

calling your own phone will take airtime

call 604-618-1223 and listen to the instructions, not hard....it will prompt you to enter your phone number + area code...then your message will come on....quickly press * before your message ends....and it'll prompt you to enter your password....

Feedback Score
    Oh i called fido CS and they said that even though you listen to voice messages on a landline, you'll still be billed for the airtime like on a cell...

Phones
    Blackberry BOLD
    Blackberry Curve
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's because they want you to dial you cell number from the landline to get into VM. They for obvious reasons don't want you calling the backdoor way.

p.s. I have NEVER been charged airtime for deposited messages or checking through a landline.

Feedback Score
    well thanks for the tip...
    i bet they'll patch that hole some day...fido is not friendly anymore...

Phones
    Nokia E63
    Moto KRZR
    Samsung A436
    Carrier
    Fidogers
    Feedback Score
    well for all you people who get charged for call forwarding why dont you check if you do
    cuz i am on fido prepaid.. i had 4 CENTs in my account.. and forwarded my phone to my home number
    i told my friends to call my cell number and i talked for about 30 minutes.. i checked my account balance on my fido phone.. still 4 cents. so i refilled my account with 25 dollars.. so i had 25.04. and still my phone was forwarded to home.. so i had my friend call my cell number.. and it forwarded to my home.. i answered and talked to him for about 45 minutes..
    checked my account balance.. still $25.04

and checking voicemail from a landline DOESNT cost me airtime either

Feedback Score
    ok fido added about 25cents back to my account after I *****ed at them about the voicemsg stuff...still sound like a rip off to me...
    they said the system will automatically reimburse you for the messages I didn't listen to after about 10-20min. It took more like 10-20 hours for them to put a quarter into my account...

is there anyway for us to view all the calls we made and the charges for them? they have a reccord of all that stuff....