Thread: Receiving Late Text Messages

Feedback Score

Receiving Late Text Messages

Hi,

I'm not sure if any of you have experienced this problem but lately my phone has been sending me some of my text messages late.

I'm not sure if it has anything to deal with the fact the phone is unlocked (AT&T phone), but the messages I receive and the time stamp at which it was sent don't seem to match up.

Ex.
    I'll get a text message at 9:45 AM
    The text message will say it was sent at 5:05AM

I'm not sure what the problem seems to be. I can't tell if the messages are being sent on time and the time-stamp at the bottom of the message is wrong.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    AT&T Winmo phones have this famous timestamp issue when used on Rogers. You're most likely receiving the messages on time, just the timestamp is wrong.
    I'm not sure about non-winmo phone, but it could also apply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ngold
    AT&T Winmo phones have this famous timestamp issue when used on Rogers. You're most likely receiving the messages on time, just the timestamp is wrong.
    I'm not sure about non-winmo phone, but it could also apply.
    Well that makes sense now...
    I just have a basic go phone (samsung) - I was all confused with the texts I was getting and at what time.

I guess might have all been coming in on time and just the times were wrong.

Thanks for your response.

Phones
    Nokia N85
    Nokia N82 (retired)
    HTC S710 (retired)
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    IIRC, I used to have the same issue on my unlocked HTC S710. Annoyed the **** out of me.

So yeah, I think it's just a WinMo / Rogers issue.