Thread: Bought a Str8t Talk Phone offa Ebay Need Help?

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3m, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid2 Global (white)
    Motorola Droid X2
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Bought a Str8t Talk Phone offa Ebay Need Help?

Ok Guys bought a straight talk phone offa ebay and I need a little help

I went online to activate it and it said the serial number was associated with another account

The person I purchased it from hasnt used it since like november of last year
    I called straight talk they said if I buy a service card they can change over my information without theres

Do you think they will do this or this some kind of sham to get me to buy a service card

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    You were about to use your credit card online to activate the thing anyway...Go to the store and buy the card if that's what it takes to activate it without further hassles. You're still buying one month of service either way.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux
    You were about to use your credit card online to activate the thing anyway...Go to the store and buy the card if that's what it takes to activate it without further hassles. You're still buying one month of service either way.

Could he buy the card and also ask Walmart to load it? If it doesn`t work, maybe he could get a refund on the card that way.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Protip: Don't buy used ST phones. Ever. ALWAYS a mess. I just gave up the dream of selling mine. Makes a nice paperweight though.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do NOT give them your credit card info ~ do NOT sign up for auto refill !! You'll end up with a world of headaches. The smartest thing you could do would be to buy a card !! And if they ever ask for your credit card info tell them you don't have one. Trust me you'll thank me later.

My son sold one on eBay and had no problems... I posted about it recently in another thread. But someone here did have problems and solved it by having a 3 way conversation with the previous own, ST and the buyer.

Let us know how it turns out. Just out of curiosity... which phone did you buy?

My Babies:
    ~ 64gb iPhone 6 Plus ~ 32gb iPad Mini ~ 64gb iPad Air ~
    11" MacBook Air ~ 13" MacBook Pro ~ Retired iPhone 5S ~

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Tgirl makes a good point - Don't use credit/debit cards with ST at all if you can avoid it. There have been several posters here on HoFo reporting that ST has over-charged their credit/debit cards and mis-handled their accounts (i.e., telling the subscriber their card will be used for a one-time charge only and then enrolling them in auto-refill anyway). Some posters have had difficulty getting auto-refill canceled as well.

Always go with PIN cards.
    Don't let Carlos' evil minions get their hands on your credit/debit account number or you might wind up regretting it.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    BTW, I sold a ST phone on eBay and the buyer had no issues activating it.

I activated it with a purchased PIN card, and then 3 weeks into my initial 30-day period I bought a different model ST phone. I called ST to do an ESN (MEID) swap, and finished out the remainder of my 30 days using the new phone before refilling via a new PIN card.

From what I've read, I think that phones which have been active under an auto-refill account might be the problematic ones come resale time. That's my theory at least.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux
    Tgirl makes a good point - Don't use credit/debit cards with ST at all if you can avoid it. There have been several posters here on HoFo reporting that ST has over-charged their credit/debit cards and mis-handled their accounts (i.e., telling the subscriber their card will be used for a one-time charge only and then enrolling them in auto-refill anyway). Some posters have had difficulty getting auto-refill canceled as well.

Always go with PIN cards.
    Don't let Carlos' evil minions get their hands on your credit/debit account number or you might wind up regretting it.
    No doubt there have been a handful of credit card problems as reported here. But millions of us have had no problems. I'd guess their percentage of credit card problems per hundred thousand customers is about the same as any other large company autobilling folks for their service.

Now what you don't want to is let any company draft your checking account. In most states, short of closing the account, if your bank stonewalls you on erroneous drafting, there's nothing you can do.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasham
    No doubt there have been a handful of credit card problems as reported here. But millions of us have had no problems. I'd guess their percentage of credit card problems per hundred thousand customers is about the same as any other large company autobilling folks for their service.

Now what you don't want to is let any company draft your checking account. In most states, short of closing the account, if your bank stonewalls you on erroneous drafting, there's nothing you can do.

That's true... but most companies don't have readily available PIN cards either... therefore making it unneccessary to give them your bank info... especially when it's coming from your checking account.

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3m, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid2 Global (white)
    Motorola Droid X2
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I solved my own problem the guy I bought the phone from buys phones on a lot of some sort maybe a pallet or something idk

Anyways I told straight talk it was new and i didnt know how any account informaion was connected with the esn

They connected it and cleared all the other account information out
    So far so good