Thread: can I freeze my account?

Phone
    Bold
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score

can I freeze my account?

hi,

I will be out of the country for about 3 months, does anyone know if it's possible to freeze my account? i would have having to pay each month since I won't be able to use my phone.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You can drop to the lowest voice plan rate and get rid of unused features but you are still responsible for paying all recurring charges when due. See this link: http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-c...788&isSrch=Yes
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Bold
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    thanks.

I have the lowest rate plan, but didn't want to drop everything else since I've been paying the same ever since i got a BB, i think new plans are bit more expensive.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nr2480
    thanks.

I have the lowest rate plan, but didn't want to drop everything else since I've been paying the same ever since i got a BB, i think new plans are bit more expensive.
    If you are paying $30.00, that is the current price. Since in early 2008, messaging and data were sold separately rather than as a bundle. Data plan rates were reduced but the combination sold separately cost $5.00 more than the former bundled combination.

Phone
    Bold
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I currently pay $39.99 for data and 1500 txts. I think that bundle is now 45 dlls with unlimited txt. maybe i'm wrong but last time I checked, that was the price.

Phone
    Bold
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I just double checked, Blackberry service plus unlimited messages is now $50

ack!

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nr2480
    I just double checked, Blackberry service plus unlimited messages is now $50

ack!
    If you are on a FamilyTalk voice plan, you can get unlimited messaging for up to five lines for $30.00. You break even if two lines want 1500 messages. If you throw in the third line under those same circumstances, you save $15.00 each.

Phone
    Bold
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    sadly, I don't have a family plan, nor do i have family i could have it with.

Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC Google Nexus One
    HTC Tilt 2 (Sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure you can put it on hold for $10/month. Your contract will also be extended by the amount of time your had your account on hold.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petard
    I am pretty sure you can put it on hold for $10/month. Your contract will also be extended by the amount of time your had your account on hold.
    You are referring to the Reduced Rate Suspend that allowed the phone to remain inactive for up to 6 months @ $10/month. Not sure it is available anymore when the Telegence billing system was finally integrated nationwide in 2009. If any current employees are reading this, they can confirm either way.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The link I posted above does not mention any reduced price suspension of service. The suspension only prevents the owner and others from using the line while it is end the suspended condition. The time under suspension now counts toward fulfullment of the contract period. The suspension for military orders suspends not only the service but also the monthly recurring charges. One loses any accumulated rollover minutes.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-c...lutionId=60168

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not disagreeing with your link or the contents. I was merely pointing out an alternative option that was still available as late as last year. Not sure if it is avaialble and it was not openly advertised. Couldn't hurt to ask a CS if it is still available.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    Not disagreeing with your link or the contents. I was merely pointing out an alternative option that was still available as late as last year. Not sure if it is avaialble and it was not openly advertised. Couldn't hurt to ask a CS if it is still available.
    It seems that my links reinforce what you wrote above.
    You are referring to the Reduced Rate Suspend that allowed the phone to remain inactive for up to 6 months @ $10/month. Not sure it is available anymore when the Telegence billing system was finally integrated nationwide in 2009. If any current employees are reading this, they can confirm either way.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Your link refers to suspending a phone temporarily (usually if lost/stolen) but that still requires the full monthly charge and not a reduced rate @ $10/month as in Reduced Rate Suspend which may or may not still be available.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Your link refers to suspending a phone temporarily (usually if lost/stolen) but that still requires the full monthly charge and not a reduced rate @ $10/month as in Reduced Rate Suspend which may or may not still be available.
    Did I say that the $10 rate rate existed? Am I reading my reply incorrectly?
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    The link I posted above does not mention any reduced price suspension of service. The suspension only prevents the owner and others from using the line while it is end the suspended condition. The time under suspension now counts toward fulfullment of the contract period. The suspension for military orders suspends not only the service but also the monthly recurring charges. One loses any accumulated rollover minutes.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-c...lutionId=60168

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast