Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: iPhone is disabled....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0

    iPhone is disabled....

    Im not sure if this is the place to ask this but I'll try anyway....I had a buddy that went snowboarding and a guy that rode in his pickup dropped his iphone in the back and they found it a week later after the snow melted. Its passcode locked and now the phone says iphone is disabled. We would be happy to give the phone back to the guy if we could figure out how to get into it. Anybody have any ideas how to break into it? I have an iphone as well and when I plug it into the computer it just tells me its passcode locked and cant do anything. Its an 8gig 3g. Any ideas? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    6,575
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why do you need to get into it? Just turn it into an AT&T store (or whatever provider he's using). They can track him down through his SIM card and return his phone to him that way.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    961
    Phone
    iPhone 3G - 8GB - 3.x - JB, Unlocked
    Carriers
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Stolen iPhone???

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    934
    Phones
    iPhone 4 32GB JB'd
    iPhone 3G 16GB JB'd
    AT&T Tilt w/cooked WM6
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleig
    Im not sure if this is the place to ask this but I'll try anyway....I had a buddy that went snowboarding and a guy that rode in his pickup dropped his iphone in the back and they found it a week later after the snow melted. Its passcode locked and now the phone says iphone is disabled. We would be happy to give the phone back to the guy if we could figure out how to get into it. Anybody have any ideas how to break into it? I have an iphone as well and when I plug it into the computer it just tells me its passcode locked and cant do anything. Its an 8gig 3g. Any ideas? Thanks!
    So, don't you know the guy who dropped it? I am sure he's contacted you guys asking if you had found his phone.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Davie, FL 33325
    Posts
    1,049
    Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    That story doesn't smell right. If it was lost in the snow till it melted wouldn't the phone be water damaged and non functional? If it is working and says "iPhone disabled" it means you tried the wrong code more than ten times. Give it back to the service provider as we will not help you unlock it to steal this iPhone.
    Generic signature text.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Holy **** we so did not steal this guys phone, it was in the back of a pickup for a week that doesn't automatically mean we stole it. He was a stranger that took a ride back up to the top of the mtn....why do you think I asked how to get into it so we could call him?? Wow thanks for no help at all. I like how everybody persicutes someone trying to do something good. I guarantee by now he's had it turned off and disabled.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh and by the way I did call a AT&T store and the guy told me if it's disabled and locked there's no way to track who had it. Again...thanks for nothing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Davie, FL 33325
    Posts
    1,049
    Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    That AT&T store lied to you. They can still get the owners info off the SIM card even years after the SIM has been deactivated. Sorry we can't be of more help but in this day and age there are sadly more thief's than good Samaritans. And if you were truly honest about it you would have given it to AT&T. By you wanting to unlock it to "look for the owner" simply is not believable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Who said anything about unlocking it? I simply wanted the guys info so we could return it. I have an iPhone I don't need two and have no intention of selling it. I know how expensive they are and how much it sucks to lose a phone. So don't even try to accuse me of anything. Seriously if I wanted to steal it...why would i post a question like this on the web?? The reason I haven't been to an AT&T store...is because I live an hour and a half from any...sorry I'm not spending half a tank of gas to drive clear to town to drop a phone off. Why would the guy at the store lie to me?? He told me if it's disabled it's as good as garbage. Holy mother I can't believe how judgemental everyone is on here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    304
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleig
    Who said anything about unlocking it? I simply wanted the guys info so we could return it. I have an iPhone I don't need two and have no intention of selling it. I know how expensive they are and how much it sucks to lose a phone. So don't even try to accuse me of anything. Seriously if I wanted to steal it...why would i post a question like this on the web?? The reason I haven't been to an AT&T store...is because I live an hour and a half from any...sorry I'm not spending half a tank of gas to drive clear to town to drop a phone off. Why would the guy at the store lie to me?? He told me if it's disabled it's as good as garbage. Holy mother I can't believe how judgemental everyone is on here.
    Like already stated, they can pull info from the sim card. Speak with someone from the store and hour away and get there address and just ship the phone to them and just speak with someone there and let me know that your sending a phone to them that you don't know who it belongs to. They will do the rest.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    california
    Posts
    10,339
    Phone
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Call customer care, tell them what happened, give them the sim # (iccid) and the imei of the phone, have them call the customer and leave your number so he can contact you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BTA027
    Posts
    16,558
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane
    Call customer care, tell them what happened, give them the sim # (iccid) and the imei of the phone, have them call the customer and leave your number so he can contact you.
    That's the correct answer right there. There's no need to discuss this further.

    Thread closed.

    PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Bookmarks