Thread: Blocking Internet?

Feedback Score

Blocking Internet?

Is there ANY way to block internet to one of these phones? I can't tell by just powering it up, and don't want to buy the service plan since I can't get refunded if this doesn't work.

Kiddo really wants a slider, but mean ol' mom says no way to internet!

Thanks!

Feedback Score

Oops! For R451C on Straight Talk

Oops! For R451C on Straight Talk

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 9300
    LG TU720
    Samsung B5310
    Carrier
    rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi!, if you want to block the internet, you can call up your service provider and ask them to add a block to your child's number or if you wanted to be a "mean" mom you could go to settings, network and delete the wap settings on the phone (which unless you want a bigger headache I wouldn't do LOL) Hope this helps a little.

Feedback Score

Thanks MCRCHICA!

I actually did call the straight phone people and they said there's no way to block the internet. So deleting the wap settings is the only way to go.

Decided to get her a different phone anyways since there's no games on the straight phone.

Feedback Score
    They can block the internet, but they just wont. Its a source of easy money so they wont block it.

I remember a fight I had with Rogers years ago due to some 'premium' text messages that I did not request or order (thats a scam for another show) and internet useage that was started by buttons getting pushed in my pocket.

They said that they could not block the text messages or the internet. I had the big fight with them and told them that I would not pay for any texts or internet useage in the future and would sue them if they tried to charge me.

/they then blocked the texts and internet in spite of it being 'impossible'
    //also credited me for the bogus charges