Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No roaming with Boost Mobile ??? Any new coverage area?

Feedback Score

No roaming with Boost Mobile ??? Any new coverage area?

I see with Sprint they have roaming but Boost there is no roaming. Where I live there is good coverage but hour or so away back where family lives that I go often there is no service in the town in the CDMA network but it is is the iDEN network. I was thinking of going with the CDMA network the iDEN doesnt intrest me at all... Is there a way to find out if Sprint has any future plans there for coverage or future roaming for Boost???

Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boost Mobile is so cheap because they don't have roaming.
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Feedback Score
    ok thanks man the only other place I really go other than where I live is back home where family is at NO SERVICE there only thing stopping me from Boost maybe Sprint will get coverage soon

Phone
    boostberry 8330
    Carrier
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    that's one area where I think Boost is missing out. I have personally mentioned at every outlet that I believe Boost may pay attention that I think that they ought to offer off network roaming, maybe as an add-on package. I know I personally would be perfectly willing to pay an extra 10-20 dollars to be able to extend my coverage area that much.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If roaming is important, then when you connect to the roaming network, put in your credit card information and let it process your call. Expensive though. :P

Feedback Score
    oh can you do that???? It would only be for emergency calls how much is expensive??

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's been years since I've done that, but when I tried it was like $2 for connect fee and then $5/minute. Things might have changed since then. When you hit the roaming tower, go through the options and see how much it says it will be.

Also, to avoid getting on the Roaming network, set your phone to HOME/SPRINT ONLY.

Feedback Score
    Boost Blackberry = $60.
    Sprint everything(with roaming) = $69.99

Why cant they just give us a roaming add-on for $10???

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sprint makes additional money from other plans, taxes, fees, contracts, etc. That's why they can offer roaming in their plan. Boost doesn't have any of that extra stuff so we lose out on roaming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip
    It's been years since I've done that, but when I tried it was like $2 for connect fee and then $5/minute. Things might have changed since then. When you hit the roaming tower, go through the options and see how much it says it will be.

Also, to avoid getting on the Roaming network, set your phone to HOME/SPRINT ONLY.
    How do you set it to Home/Sprint only?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I guess that would depend on the phone you have. On Blackberry devices it's in OPTIONS > MOBILE NETWORK.

Not too sure about other phones, sorry.

Feedback Score
    I guess that would depend on the phone you have. On Blackberry devices it's in OPTIONS > MOBILE NETWORK.

Not too sure about other phones, sorry.
    I'm using the Incognito. I checked the options, but I didn't see much to say. I don't want to accidentally start roaming and then get hit with charges. lol

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You won't get hit with any charges because they don't support roaming. If you hit a roaming tower, you will just get an error message and that's all.

Phone
    boostberry 8330
    Carrier
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

when I hit a roaming only area, and try ton make a call, it gives me an automated message from the "American roaming network"

I checked the website, and the prices there, if you buy a virtual PIN, are:

$ 10.00 = 10 min.

$ 20.00 = 60 min.

$ 30.00 = 120 min.

edit:
    This still isn't an acceptable option, because only outbound calls work in this mode.
    Last edited by southernsontn; 05-03-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: additional info

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    You can always check the coverage maps at Sprint.com. They have little icons for future towers if you want to keep your eyes peeled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast