Thread: Sprint 4G Service in Hawaii

Phone
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Sprint 4G Service in Hawaii

Has anyone here used Sprint's 4G service in Oahu lately? I'm headed to Waikiki next month and wanted to get an idea of the quality of service. I'm considering getting the 4G Mobile Broadband service as an alternative to paying for the hotel's internet service. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Sprint u301 Aircard
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Same here as well, and if no else reports on this I'll post up. I have the u301 aircard and will be in Waikiki for 3 weeks starting the 24th of May for work. I'm excited to see 4G in action for myself.

Phone
    Jb'd 4 // Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I live in Hawaii, Oahu to be exact. Sprint connection has almost always been solid here. As for 4g usage, the store reps say that it is active. I have yet to use it but even the current 3g is on point. Enjoy your stay!
    ready for the trumpets?

Phones
    Note 4
    Samsung Note 4
    Samsung Mega,
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't know if its too late to respond to this, but i was in both Oahu and Maui last Nov and both were active. I was using the U301 dual modem and Oahu was more robust than Maui, signal wise on 4G. But regardless it was working.

TS
    The more the members are involved in the process of development, the better the community will be. Have a suggestion to make the community better, let the staff know.
    Remember, the "No" is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes".

SERO FAQ

Phone
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Definitely not too late. I'm headed out to Oahu next week. Can't wait to use the U301 in Waikiki.
    I think someday hotel Internet charges will go the way of phone call charges when cell phone use became widespread. Complimentary, but useless because anyone who would use it already has an aircard.

Phones
    Note 4
    Samsung Note 4
    Samsung Mega,
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Although most of Oahu should be up in 4G, there was one spot that i couldn't get any signal what so ever, 3g or 4g. And that was near Romy's north shore shrimp farms. Else where it was good.

have fun in Hawaii. I go there every year around Nov.

TS

Feedback Score
    I had excellent 3G on Oahu.. sorry don't know about 4g.

Maui wasn't quite as good but still 3g.

On the big island I ended up roaming a lot; usually it was 1X.

Feedback Score
    I live on the Big Island and wonder if and when 4G will be here???

Phone
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    While I was on Oahu, 4G service was decent in Waikiki. A few things wouldn't load in my browsers that usually load, and images were often compressed, but overall it was good. A much better value than the $25/day Hotel Internet.

Feedback Score
    Me too. When? And where? Hopefully service will be available in the rural areas, not just Kona/Hilo. Clear is promising to provide 4G if enough interest.