Apple iPhone 3GS
    Google Nexus One
    Nokia N900
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Using Net10 GSM with other phones

Hi Folks,

Noob here wondering about Net10's GSM service. From what I've gathered here and elsewhere, Net10 has both GSM and CDMA service. Has anyone had any experience in using the Net10 SIM cards in other phones?

For instance, if my folks are visiting with their unlocked phones from abroad, can I buy a Net10 phone and pop the SIM and use it in their phones*?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

*: Why? For instance, let's say they have a nice Nokia E-Series customized to their liking and they don't want to use an el-cheapo Samsung.

Phones
    W375
    LG600
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vnangia
    For instance, if my folks are visiting with their unlocked phones from abroad, can I buy a Net10 phone and pop the SIM and use it in their phones*?
    No,
    you cannot use any phone other than Net 10 provided phones with Net 10.

Jim

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    A Net10 SIM is specially designed so that it will only work in a Net10/Tracfone/Safelink phone (the only interchangability). Net10 Unlimited is T-Mobile (SIM) only and Straight Talk is Verizon (CDMA) only.

Feedback Score
    Net10, Tracfone and Virgin Mobile phones are pretty much useless on any network and any other phone is useless on their network because they are so locked down. Straight Talk phones have been known to work on other Verizon mvnos like Page Plus. Whether it is still possible is not known in these days of murky bring your own phone policies from Verizon and their prepaid divison and mvnos.

Feedback Score
    Can a Net10 phone/sim card be unlocked? I have a Samsung t245g phone, locked to Net10 and would like to use it with another sim card.
    Please help!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise_11 View Post
    Can a Net10 phone/sim card be unlocked? I have a Samsung t245g phone, locked to Net10 and would like to use it with another sim card. Please help!
    Do you mean you would like to use the phone with another carrier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise_11 View Post
    Can a Net10 phone/sim card be unlocked? I have a Samsung t245g phone, locked to Net10 and would like to use it with another sim card.
    Please help!
    net 10 phones and sim cards cannot be unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    net 10 phones and sim cards cannot be unlocked.
    Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    You can use any unlocked gsm phone or cdma smartphone with net10 ( it says so on their website). However, you can't just switch sim cards between phones at random, they have to be compatible with the net10 network and switched over by customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KC7 View Post
    You can use any unlocked gsm phone or cdma smartphone with net10 ( it says so on their website). However, you can't just switch sim cards between phones at random, they have to be compatible with the net10 network and switched over by customer service.

you can only use the gsm phones with net10 byod (AT&T/Tmobile). you cannot activate your own cdma phone (verizon) with net10 except for the ones sold by net10.