Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Using Net10 GSM with other phones

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Google Nexus One
    Nokia N900
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Using Net10 GSM with other phones

    Hi Folks,

    Noob here wondering about Net10's GSM service. From what I've gathered here and elsewhere, Net10 has both GSM and CDMA service. Has anyone had any experience in using the Net10 SIM cards in other phones?

    For instance, if my folks are visiting with their unlocked phones from abroad, can I buy a Net10 phone and pop the SIM and use it in their phones*?

    Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

    *: Why? For instance, let's say they have a nice Nokia E-Series customized to their liking and they don't want to use an el-cheapo Samsung.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    97
    Phones
    W375
    LG600
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vnangia
    For instance, if my folks are visiting with their unlocked phones from abroad, can I buy a Net10 phone and pop the SIM and use it in their phones*?
    No,
    you cannot use any phone other than Net 10 provided phones with Net 10.

    Jim

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,850
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    A Net10 SIM is specially designed so that it will only work in a Net10/Tracfone/Safelink phone (the only interchangability). Net10 Unlimited is T-Mobile (SIM) only and Straight Talk is Verizon (CDMA) only.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,073
    Feedback Score
    0
    Net10, Tracfone and Virgin Mobile phones are pretty much useless on any network and any other phone is useless on their network because they are so locked down. Straight Talk phones have been known to work on other Verizon mvnos like Page Plus. Whether it is still possible is not known in these days of murky bring your own phone policies from Verizon and their prepaid divison and mvnos.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can a Net10 phone/sim card be unlocked? I have a Samsung t245g phone, locked to Net10 and would like to use it with another sim card.
    Please help!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,218
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise_11 View Post
    Can a Net10 phone/sim card be unlocked? I have a Samsung t245g phone, locked to Net10 and would like to use it with another sim card. Please help!
    Do you mean you would like to use the phone with another carrier?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,096
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise_11 View Post
    Can a Net10 phone/sim card be unlocked? I have a Samsung t245g phone, locked to Net10 and would like to use it with another sim card.
    Please help!
    net 10 phones and sim cards cannot be unlocked.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    net 10 phones and sim cards cannot be unlocked.
    Thanks for the info!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can use any unlocked gsm phone or cdma smartphone with net10 ( it says so on their website). However, you can't just switch sim cards between phones at random, they have to be compatible with the net10 network and switched over by customer service.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,096
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KC7 View Post
    You can use any unlocked gsm phone or cdma smartphone with net10 ( it says so on their website). However, you can't just switch sim cards between phones at random, they have to be compatible with the net10 network and switched over by customer service.

    you can only use the gsm phones with net10 byod (AT&T/Tmobile). you cannot activate your own cdma phone (verizon) with net10 except for the ones sold by net10.

Bookmarks