Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG 420G now available from Tracfone

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG 420G now available from Tracfone

Its a $19.99 phone WITHOUT DMFL. It does mention Bluetooth and also web access. Link to GSM5AT market: http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...&market=GSM5AT

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    It did appear a couple of weeks ago but vanished when the pink 410G suddenly appearred. Odds are that Wal Mart will carry a value pack, like they have done in the past, and the phone in that pack will have DMFL on it.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score

amazing battery life?

The details page says "up to 23 days of standby time". Is that really possible? It would be great, but I wonder if its just a typo.

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The estimates of standby time are all theoretical and assumed to be under ideal conditions. You'd literally have to live underneath a cell tower, have perfect weather conditions and not make a call or text to reach the stated times. In short, under real world conditions, don't expect the full standby time.

Feedback Score
    Of course the estimates are for the ideal situation. I get 4-5 days between charging from my LG220 which has "up to 10 days of standby time". If the LG420 can really go 2.3 times as long, I'd get 9-11.5 days between charges, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not that is realistic.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    The LG 420G can also be found in stores now. This was taken at K-Mart in Holyoke, MA this afternoon. Nobody around to help take it off the security peg, so I will get it tomorrow in Hooksett, NH.

Feedback Score

Charger for LG 420g???

I just purchased the LG 420g from the Tracfone website, and so far I love it. I want to purchase an additional travel charger and a car charger for my phone, but I'm having trouble finding them. I've done numerous searches online with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find them for sale? Thanks!

Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score

Also at Walmart

I was just at my local Walmart. They also had the LG 420g-didn't a week ago- same price as the Kmart one posted, $19.99. No DMFL. I'm waiting to see if anyone ever spots a DMFL bundle like Walmart has done in the past. At this point I would be relucant to buy any Tracfone that didn't have DMFL unless it was such a good deal and worth adding the card for $20.

Carrier
    AT&T (Tracfone)
    Feedback Score

Post Link to Quick Start Guide PDF

Here's a link to the LG 420G Quick Start Guide PDF:

http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Engli...sets/14382.pdf

Why on earth are embedded links disabled on this forum?????

Here's a link to the Tracfone item description page. Note two week shipping disclaimer:

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...sionId=7300036

Use promo code 23444 & get three bucks off. Free shipping is included automagically.

Feedback Score

How to get 420G with CDMA?

For my zip (93003) Tracfone wants to sell me a different phone that uses the GSM network. I want CDMA because of better coverage. Will the 420G work with CDMA? And if so, is there a trick to getting this combination?

Feedback Score
    The "g" on the end of the 420g phone means it's a GSM phone. If you want a CDMA phone, order it from a CDMA only zipcode (like 85501 or 85623). CDMA phones will have a "c" on the end.

Terry

Feedback Score
    The lg420g looks very similar to the lg600g phone... I'm looking for something similar in features at least to the motorola em326g that is on net10. It seems as though that may never happen (this year?). Meanwhile the rest of the industry is pushing towards smart phones. Apparently as the phone prices pushes past $30 trac is obviously seeing a fall-off in purchases. Until some hanset maker wants to do with less profit, this will be the way it is for quite a while. Still, the point being consumers could still purchase a "smart" touchscreen device that is not a cellphone & have the best of both worlds.

Feedback Score

Lg420g

I have one and bought a PC to phone cord yesterday to upload and download photos. However, now I can find any PC sync software or driver. Anybody - help?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonConniei View Post
    I have one and bought a PC to phone cord yesterday to upload and download photos. However, now I can find any PC sync software or driver. Anybody - help?
    The phone may not support pc connectivity. On the ad for the Motorola W376g, Tracfone says "this phone does not support PC connectivity via Bluetooth® or USB." I don't know if this applies only to the W376g or all Tracfones.

Carrier
    AT&T (Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonConniei View Post
    According to jeffs555 you can transfer pictures and MP3's via Bluetooth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast