Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Arrow Official HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread

This is the HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread.

The Pre-Order phase of the phone has ended, and the Verizon site lists it as a "High Demand" item with shipping by May 4th.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5269

If you have not been following the Pre-Release Thread, please look there first (last 20 pages), as many questions have already been answered.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6&page=1&pp=15

Here are a couple reviews that have been done:
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ew-r_2424.html
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Moto...ew-r_2432.html
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/d...edible-review/
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=358
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...reless-review/

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am loving this phone, as it is my first smart phone!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCrane
    I am loving this phone, as it is my first smart phone!
    Great phone, isn't it?

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Device(s)
    HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ya I've had it since 1pm and already can't live without.

Device(s)
    [Current]: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    anyone know what's the quickest way to link your contacts with their facebook? i've been manually doing it and its taking forever =\ is there a way to scan to see if it can auto link everyone? thanks

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is also my first smart phone, and it is quickly exposing how stupid I am with it. LOL!

Can I ask please ask one question that came up when I was getting it activated/setup. It asked me about using my router's wireless network, using WPA2, and connected when I entered the password.

I also bought the Verizon Network Extender because in the house I get virtually no connection to the Verizon cell tower, but I have not installed it yet.

Do I need the Extender if my Incredible is connecting to my wireless B/G router, or is that just for web surfing, not calls?

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I want to do such unspeakable things with/to/for this phone.

On a serious note, those of you who got the microSD card, where was it in the package? My invoice says it should be in there, but I'm not finding it. Not complaining by any means, just curious.

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Large plastic encased card packaging in the one Unboxing video I saw. Would be impossible to miss.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Feedback Score
    anyone notice when typing in a wifi password (and i assume other screens) you literally cannot hit the letters on the far left side of the screen? It doesnt happen when its the alpha keyboard because they are indented, but if you switch it to symbol keyboard (where the ! is on the leftmost side), you will see what i mean.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbs
    This is also my first smart phone, and it is quickly exposing how stupid I am with it. LOL!

Can I ask please ask one question that came up when I was getting it activated/setup. It asked me about using my router's wireless network, using WPA2, and connected when I entered the password.

I also bought the Verizon Network Extender because in the house I get virtually no connection to the Verizon cell tower, but I have not installed it yet.

Do I need the Extender if my Incredible is connecting to my wireless B/G router, or is that just for web surfing, not calls?
    Connecting to your router would just be for surfing the web or anything data related. To make calls, or receive/send messages you would need a cell signal.
    1000th Post on March 27th, 2007 @ 11:09PM.
    2000th Post on July 30th, 2007 @ 9:05PM.
    3000th Post on Sept. 17th 2009 @ 8:20AM.

NOOB PHOTO BLOG

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

MY HOFO FEEDBACK

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dequardo
    Large plastic encased card packaging in the one Unboxing video I saw. Would be impossible to miss.
    That's what I was looking for. No go. Oh well, I did order before the free card promo. Guess I'll just have to get a 16GB myself. Darn.

Device(s)
    Droid X, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus49er
    That's what I was looking for. No go. Oh well, I did order before the free card promo. Guess I'll just have to get a 16GB myself. Darn.

2 gig is a gimmic any way, Your going to want something bigger anyway!
    BART

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Some more comments based on my usage so far...

Moto Droid = -56 dBM
    HTC Incredible = -59 dBM

with them siting on table right next to each other.

The 3G symbol on my Incredible does disappear often, but surfing the web still feels fast (web pages display quickly even without the 3G symbol).

In the real world, I have dropped calls with the incredible in places where the Moto Droid held them. That does make me suspect of the Incredible's ability to pull signal.

Yesterday, I got between 30 min and 1 hour longer out of the battery than I did on Tuesday. I again let it drain until the phone shut off, then charged it up.. After a few more discharge/charge cycles that the battery will perform better.

Last night, while out to dinner, I wanted to capture some movies of my son. the Video camera would NOT record no matter what I did. The still camera would not snap a picture either. After we got home, I decided to play and see... they worked Is this a Potential bug?

I am really missing the BT Voice dial from my head set.

I do have my Gmail accounts setup using Exchange Active Sync so I can use the HTC Mail app (so I have the option to reply/forward without having to scroll all the way to the bottom of the email in the Gmail app). I still like the way the BB handles multiple inboxes (multiple email addresses) better.

I miss seeing facebook notifications as new posts or writings on my wall come in and I can open the app and see (like I see on my BB). At least on the Incredible, I see the email come in, and it takes me to the facebook web site which works, but its just not as nice.

I do like the way HTC improved the copy/paste functions. its more consistent than the Moto Droid.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Couple quick questions for you guys. I ordered the Incredible for my wife last night. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. Only $99 with her NE2 credit and free overnight shipping.

1) Should she get screen protection? I've always been big on them so I'm leaning toward yes.

2) Contacts. She has a BB Curve. Does she create the file and drop contacts onto the Incredible like I did for my Moto Droid?

3) How many home screens does this have? Any need to use another launcher like Helix?

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    2 questions...Is there setting to make the power button make the phone go into sleep mode? I could do that on my my droid, a nice feature, but i could live without it. Also why is there no enter/send button when i am txting? I have to type, then use the back button to get to the send button...am i missing something? Thanks

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast