Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCrane
    I am loving this phone, as it is my first smart phone!
    Congrats! This will be my first smartphone, too. I'm so excited I keep refreshing to see when FedEx has it out for delivery!

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    I played some video clips that I've had loaded since I got the Storm... Movie trailers for Babylon A.D. (2008) 480x360 Mp4 and Sped Racer 480x320 mp4, along with a BMW M3 480x320 mp4, and some movies I converted... They all play nicely. However, only the MP4's show up. Any with .AVI extension (some Divx ones) do NOT show up to play.

The videos show up under Photos which isn't obvious (if it wasn't for using the moto droid, and knowing it put movies/vidoes under gallery, I wouldn't have thought to look there), and do not have NAMES under them, just a thumbnail representing each. For the DVDs/Movies I converted to take on the go, its difficult to tell which is which.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodThirsty
    1) Should she get screen protection? I've always been big on them so I'm leaning toward yes.
    The screen is glass, and shouldn't scratch, but you might want to use a screen protector to minimize the collection of finger prints and face oils from the screen.
    2) Contacts. She has a BB Curve. Does she create the file and drop contacts onto the Incredible like I did for my Moto Droid?
    There are several ways. If she has a gmail account, use Gsync app on the BB to sync its contacts with her Gmail account. Then when you activate the droid, setup that same gmail account on it, and those contacts will be there.

Backup Assistant is available for Blackberries now, you can try it. I haven't so I don't know if it brings across ALL the extra fields that smart phones have, or if its still limited to what Feature Phones support.

3) How many home screens does this have? Any need to use another launcher like Helix?
    7 Home screens with the Sense UI.

I've not tried Helix, so I can't offer up if you'd want to use it or not.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    There are several ways. If she has a gmail account, use Gsync app on the BB to sync its contacts with her Gmail account. Then when you activate the droid, setup that same gmail account on it, and those contacts will be there..
    Thanks. Now one thing with that? I'm sure she has people she emails that she doesn't want in her contacts list. Are they going to show up using that method?

I've not had that problem on my Droid but I created the CSV(?) file for my Dare and dropped them on the Droid.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The only thing I don't like so far is how the photo gallery links to Flikr not Picasa as the 2.1 gallery did. Hopefully there will be a way to install the Android 2.1 photo gallery as ALL my pictures are in Picasa.

Really, really love the speed of the phone. Haven't made many phone calls yet.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PSF
    The only thing I don't like so far is how the photo gallery links to Flikr not Picasa as the 2.1 gallery did. Hopefully there will be a way to install the Android 2.1 photo gallery as ALL my pictures are in Picasa.

Really, really love the speed of the phone. Haven't made many phone calls yet.
    Once root is complete, it will open a world of options.

Device(s)
    Bionic, Thunderbolt, iPhone4, Droid X, Incredible, Droid, Devour, Omnia II, Tour, Storm, Curve,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote Originally Posted by emlodro
    anyone notice when typing in a wifi password (and i assume other screens) you literally cannot hit the letters on the far left side of the screen? It doesnt happen when its the alpha keyboard because they are indented, but if you switch it to symbol keyboard (where the ! is on the leftmost side), you will see what i mean.
    I don't have this problem. You might want to go into settings > language & keyboard > touch input and calibrate your screen.
    Member, Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook
    Once root is complete, it will open a world of options.

Even sooner:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653503

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I almost forgot, my wife is drop prone. I need a good case that will give her some protection. Anybody have links? I would like to go ahead and order.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Expecting my Incredible any time now. Two quick questions. How do you guys go about activating your phones? Also for the App Store is there a way when you buy apps to use your credit card to pay? or do you have to let the bill go straight to your verizon bill?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjenkins505
    Expecting my Incredible any time now. Two quick questions. How do you guys go about activating your phones? Also for the App Store is there a way when you buy apps to use your credit card to pay? or do you have to let the bill go straight to your verizon bill?
    1) For activating, it will come with directions. The Android phones also have a tutorial -- you turn it on and it does all the work. It asks you a few questions (google account, etc) and hit the "Next" button each time. Really painless.

2) The Android Market uses your Google account, so you set your credit card up there. You can go to google.com, log in, and go to "Google Checkout" to set it up now.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 Complaints.

1) The phone button at the bottom of every screen, you cant make it default to NOT showing social network contacts, you have to click the contacts card at bottom right.

2) When you use curse words in Speech to Text, it puts #### as the word.

Any fixes?
    Verizon Wireless: Samsung Galax S4 - Unlocked Bootloader
    AT&T: Nexus 5 Black 32gb

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    doubt there's any way around #2 since it's probably processed by google's servers

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Now one thing with that? I'm sure she has people she emails that she doesn't want in her contacts list. Are they going to show up using that method?

I've not had that problem on my Droid but I created the CSV(?) file for my Dare and dropped them on the Droid.
    Right now, those in "My Contacts" when I'm looking at my Gmail account via my PC are on my Incredible.

There is a check box in the incredible's people app that says "only with phone number" which filters my people list down (People -> menu button -> View... there are selections for Only contacts with phone numbers, Google, Show auto gmail contacts, Facebook, Exchange, and Phone).. Yet, when I compose an email, it still brings up those names with email addresses in it

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbravo
    1) For activating, it will come with directions. The Android phones also have a tutorial -- you turn it on and it does all the work. It asks you a few questions (google account, etc) and hit the "Next" button each time. Really painless.

2) The Android Market uses your Google account, so you set your credit card up there. You can go to google.com, log in, and go to "Google Checkout" to set it up now.
    Thanks these answers were better than I expected

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast