Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 430

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    99
    Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey for anyone that has the phone already. Did the 2gb card just come with it?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    405
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbravo
    1) For activating, it will come with directions. The Android phones also have a tutorial -- you turn it on and it does all the work. It asks you a few questions (google account, etc) and hit the "Next" button each time. Really painless.

    2) The Android Market uses your Google account, so you set your credit card up there. You can go to google.com, log in, and go to "Google Checkout" to set it up now.
    Minor detail, but you can use a Paypal account to pay for things on the Market now too. Ah, choices...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    6,479
    Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Some more comments based on my usage so far...

    Moto Droid = -56 dBM
    HTC Incredible = -59 dBM

    with them siting on table right next to each other.
    I think it's worth noting here that the RSSI is a logarithmic scale and that -3db difference is an effective doubling of signal strength.

    I would be very surprised if the Incredible had anywhere near as good RF as the Droid, given the history of HTC devices with poor RF performance.
    kbman

    Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

    If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

    Read more, post less.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    964
    Device(s)
    EVO, at the moment
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (back after 2 years with Sprint)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cjenkins505
    Hey for anyone that has the phone already. Did the 2gb card just come with it?
    Did for me. I thought I had ordered before the promotion, so I really wasn't expecting it. I will probably just give it to my wife for her phone though, I just used my 8gb from my Eris.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible (it's here!)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cjenkins505
    Hey for anyone that has the phone already. Did the 2gb card just come with it?
    Yes. I preordered the morning of the 19th and mine still came with the 2gb card. I'm not using it though, I bought a 16 gb card.

    One issue I'm having though is that I can't get to the SD card to load media onto. The phone sees it, but when I plug it in to my computer I only have access to the internal 8gb of memory on the phone. This might be a dumb question, but this is my first smartphone. What am I missing?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    71
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iamrobk
    Minor detail, but you can use a Paypal account to pay for things on the Market now too. Ah, choices...
    Did not know that, thanks. However my PayPal uses the same card so in my case (and most others probably) it's just a layer of obfuscation. Which may not be bad, if you don't want to put your credit card number everywhere--just one place.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    239
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by killer2239
    2 Complaints.

    1) The phone button at the bottom of every screen, you cant make it default to NOT showing social network contacts, you have to click the contacts card at bottom right.

    2) When you use curse words in Speech to Text, it puts #### as the word.

    Any fixes?
    1) I think if you hit menu and then views you can turn off what type of contacts you see.

    2) Google said the do this (on their server end) so when they screw up you don't accidentally curse at someone.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    563
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron
    Yes. I preordered the morning of the 19th and mine still came with the 2gb card. I'm not using it though, I bought a 16 gb card.

    One issue I'm having though is that I can't get to the SD card to load media onto. The phone sees it, but when I plug it in to my computer I only have access to the internal 8gb of memory on the phone. This might be a dumb question, but this is my first smartphone. What am I missing?

    I'll assume it's like the Moto Droid and say you probably have to mount the sd card for the PC to see it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    32
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron
    One issue I'm having though is that I can't get to the SD card to load media onto. The phone sees it, but when I plug it in to my computer I only have access to the internal 8gb of memory on the phone. This might be a dumb question, but this is my first smartphone. What am I missing?
    I am not sure on this, but based on what I have seen and heard on the internet...as well as looking at the Incredible's manual last night, I think you have to mount the SD card before your computer will see it. Mounting the card is easy, it should be somewhere under the phone's "settings."

    For something completely different, how is the reception on the phone? I've been reading that the phone is not getting as good of reception in areas where other VZW phones get good reception.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    activation question:

    i just activated my incredible but now i need to switch the number on it to my girlfriends number

    BUT i cant do that til she gets outta work later b/c it will obviosuly deactivate the phone shes using currently.....

    so my question is, should i even bother putting apps, gmail etc on this phone under my number now? or will it all be erased once we switch it to her number later?

    thanks

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    433
    Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodThirsty
    I'll assume it's like the Moto Droid and say you probably have to mount the sd card for the PC to see it.
    Correct. I had no problems accessing the phones internal memory and my SD card via my PC last night.

    On an unrelated note, one cool thing I just discovered is that when using the Battery Indicator app, it displays the battery percentage in increments of 1%, instead of the increments of 10% that displayed on my Moto Droid.
    DROID DOES

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    21
    Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible (it's here!)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTEVAN
    I am not sure on this, but based on what I have seen and heard on the internet...as well as looking at the Incredible's manual last night, I think you have to mount the SD card before your computer will see it. Mounting the card is easy, it should be somewhere under the phone's "settings."

    For something completely different, how is the reception on the phone? I've been reading that the phone is not getting as good of reception in areas where other VZW phones get good reception.
    I figured it out - when you plug in the phone, it shows up as 2 separate removable drives. One is for the phone, the other is for the sd card.

    As far as reception / call quality, so far it has been great. I haven't made a lot of calls yet, but haven't dropped one or been in an area with no service.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    102
    Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cjenkins505
    Hey for anyone that has the phone already. Did the 2gb card just come with it?
    I went the route of Pre-Ordering it through Best Buy. I had some gift cards that I wanted to use to help pay for it. Best Buy is including a 2GB card free to match what VW is doing.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    69
    Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodThirsty
    I'll assume it's like the Moto Droid and say you probably have to mount the sd card for the PC to see it.
    There are plenty of free file-explorer apps on the Market you can download in order to see files on the device.
    I downloaded ASTRO and it works well. You can see the internal memory/storage as well as the SD card (if installed).

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    362
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drhill26
    1) I think if you hit menu and then views you can turn off what type of contacts you see.

    2) Google said the do this (on their server end) so when they screw up you don't accidentally curse at someone.
    Ah didnt know it used google servers to processing.

    As for the view and turn off, that option for view where you can select what to show, is only after you hit the contacts button on the right after clicking phone. So it only applies to the contact list itself. Not the HTC's phone screen.
    Verizon Wireless: Samsung Galax S4 - Unlocked Bootloader
    AT&T: Nexus 5 Black 32gb

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Bookmarks