Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I just got my Incredible from Best Buy and there was a VZW rep there. According to both of them, Best Buy does not honor the free 2gb SD card offer that VZW has. You only get the phone, no additional SD card if you go to Best Buy. Hope that helps. 2gb card is kinda small anyways...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekan54
    How do I use an MP3 that I have stored on the SD card as a ringtone?
    Just got mine today. From previous experience I know you can play the song and hit menu key and then select set as ringtone.

On the Eris you could even edit the song and make the ringtone start where you want it to. Not sure if that was an early build of Android or a Sense UI thing. I'm loading all my songs onto my old 16GB SD card so I'll test it soon.

Also Verizon was giving out 2GB SD cards for free but they were also pushing upgrades to 4 or 8GB SD cards. I thought it was funny how the guy next to me was buying and the sales guy was talking about MIR while my guy just sold it to me at $199.99 with no mention about mail in rebate.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Feedback Score
    Is it me or do most Apps not have a quit feature? I've been having to use Advanced App Killer to close everything. Am I missing something?

Carrier(s)
    G'zOne Type-V
    Feedback Score
    Checked the Incredible out. I thought it sucked. Don't get crazy I'm just blunt, if you're riding the high of this phone then surf that wave brotha!

The phone seemed cheap, the protruding camera and red color did not look good to me. The OLED screen seemed washed out I think HTC needs to work on that. The outside touch buttons seemed weak. When Motorola made the Droid they paid attention to the build quality with the metal casing and gorilla glass which makes it a much more solid phone...not to mention the call quality, software, and reception are OUTSTANDING. I would not waste an upgrade personally on this phone.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTEVAN
    Ok, I just got my Incredible from Best Buy and there was a VZW rep there. According to both of them, Best Buy does not honor the free 2gb SD card offer that VZW has. You only get the phone, no additional SD card if you go to Best Buy. Hope that helps. 2gb card is kinda small anyways...
    I thought VZW was doing the 2gig memory card as a "limited time only" or "for the first xxx users"... I don't think its an on-going offer.

In any case, BB has 4gig PNY MicroSD cards on sale for like $15.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I ordered 3 of them using My Business Online and received them today.

I won't go over any of the pros since they've been covered here already.

I do notice that I lose the 3G icon a lot. At my desk, reception is generally poor but I haven't dropped a call yet. My phone has rested between -95 dBm's and -106 dBm's but calls still sound clean so far. When I open up the Android market or launch a data application I see the 3G icon light up briefly then it goes away.

HTC's IMHO show poorer RF readings than other phones I've used so it could be the antenna placement. My Eris would often go to 1X at my desk at random even though my Moto Droid would lock on 3G. Again though it only appears poorer by the numeric values or signal icons since I don't drop too many calls. I actually have dropped more calls using the Tour 9630.

My phone froze up while sending a text message earlier. Nothing responded so I had to pull the battery once.

Total fingerprint magnet.... but I expected this

Other than the freeze up navigating the icons is a breeze. Very fast and fluid just like the iPhone.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    DROID 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got back from the Verizon store w/ a new Incredible. The first one had an interesting habit of, "dialing random phone numbers when the headphone jack was plugged in."

New phone is fine. Picked up the silicone case, very nice. It will need a bit of custom handiwork to fit a headphone jack in though.

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So far so good with my Incredible, got all my apps re-loaded and info moved over. Just gotta customize.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    I really do not like how the notification light stops blinking after a few minutes. It basically means you have to press the sleep button to see if you have any notifications. Lame.
    Yes, we talked about this a few days ago in the Pre-Release thread.
    The green LED will stop after 5 minutes of blinking. People with the Eris said theirs do the same thing, so it must be a HTC/Sense UI thing, as the Moto Droid will keep blinking until you check the notification.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have few customization complaints with the sense ui stuff. But overall im really happy with it. Feels much better in my pocket then the moto droid.
    Verizon Wireless: Samsung Galax S4 - Unlocked Bootloader
    AT&T: Nexus 5 Black 32gb

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    This is regarding the "red hue issue" that was posted earlier this week in the Pre-Release thread.

The Incredible I used in my review had more of a green hue when viewing an all-white screen, but still looked pretty close to white. The Manufacturing Date is 4/1/2010 and the Warranty Date is 20/4/2010. I am thinking these are shown in a day/month/year format, which would mean it was manufactured on Jan 4th 2010 and the warranty date is April 20th 2010, as there is no 20th month.
    You have to go into the service menu to get these dates. Click on Phone, dial ##PROGRAM (Call) 000000 (OK) Display Group.
    On the back label at the top is the Serial Number. The one listed for this phone is S/N: HT041HJ01836

The 2nd phone that has a slight red (warm) hue shows a Manufacture Date of 4/4/2010 and Warranty Date of 4/4/2010. How those two dates are identical, I have no idea. The Serial Number on the back is S/N: HT044HJ08485

So you guys can use this as a reference to check you own phones if it has a red hue to the display.

I have created a HTC Droid Incredible Problems/Issues Thread and have copied this post over to there.
    I would suggest that everyone use that thread if they are having problems or issues with their Incredible.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1640654

Device(s)
    DROOOID
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON NETWORK
    Feedback Score
    Got mind today... great info here, thanks everyone

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RTrujillo8
    While I'm waiting for FedEx to bring my Incredible I had a real quick question. I have 2 lines on my account. Mine is the primary my sister is the 2nd. She was eligible for upgrade but I wasn't so she let me use her upgrade to get this phone, so when it comes can I call *228 and have activated on my line or do I have to call customer service and have them activate it on my line for me?
    You should just be able to do the *228 and press option 1 where you enter your phone number and password and voila...should update the phone on your particular line. I doubt Verizon cares what line it's activated on...all they care about is that your sister's line is now signed up for another 2 years.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone found a good LED flashlight app yet? I've searched the market and have tried a couple different ones, but none of them worked.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well i took plunge and coughed up 599 it sucks it doesnt come with an SD card!!! how lame!!! oh well.... i have droid and eris on craigslist so ill really only end up paying about 100 bucks after i sell them both... I havent activated it yet justput batt in to make sure it works... feels alot lighter kinda like the eris but better screen of course.... just gotta find a good case for it dont wanna drop it

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast