Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Release Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with VZW tier 2 Data Tech support. They confirmed that the OTA push was indeed on the way and that it began on Firday the 27th (as we all knew already). I asked if there was a completion target date. He said there had been a correspondence e-mail stating that the update would be pushed to all Incredibles by Friday, Sept. 3rd. Although he also mentioned that even though the OTA updates on the 27th were successful they wouldn't resume until Monday the 30th. So much for hoping for the update this weekend.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a question. I just picked up the Incredible today at my VZW store, and when I got home, there was a "Certified like new" sticker stuck on the box. I don't know if it was inadvertent or not but is there any way I can tell if the phone I bought was new?? I tried to view the life timer on the phone but couldn't find it in the menus. Any help is appreciated.
    1000th Post on March 27th, 2007 @ 11:09PM.
    2000th Post on July 30th, 2007 @ 9:05PM.
    3000th Post on Sept. 17th 2009 @ 8:20AM.

NOOB PHOTO BLOG

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

MY HOFO FEEDBACK

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    I have a question. I just picked up the Incredible today at my VZW store, and when I got home, there was a "Certified like new" sticker stuck on the box. I don't know if it was inadvertent or not but is there any way I can tell if the phone I bought was new?? I tried to view the life timer on the phone but couldn't find it in the menus. Any help is appreciated.
    Take it back and get a new one. There's no reason you should have received a used/recertified phone if you bought it new. If you're ok with the refurb, you may be able complain some and have them refund you some. Never hurts to try anyway

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well I think its new. The sticker wasn't stuck on there like someone or a machine put it on. It was just stuck haphazardly to the box. Maybe it was in the bag accidentally. That's why I was wondering if there is a way we can tell.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Most phones have some sort of sticker underneath the battery stating whether or not it's been refurbed. Other than that, I'm not sure. With the shortage that they've had with the incredibles, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a refurb unit.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I wonder if it came off the battery. I called customer svc and they said it was definitely a new phone. Don't know how they knew though. Surely this thing has a life timer on it SOMEWHERE.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I have created a dedicated thread for the Incredible 2.2 update.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ild-3.21.605.1
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    I wonder if it came off the battery. I called customer svc and they said it was definitely a new phone. Don't know how they knew though. Surely this thing has a life timer on it SOMEWHERE.
    They can trace the ESN # of the phone and see if it has been activated previously. This is how i believe they check if it is indeed a new phone. If it was me though, I am anal and would swap it for a brand new one anyway heh.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    VZW now has a BOGO for the Droid Inc.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S/Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For anyone still using the Incredible, there is a software update to 2.3.4 available now. I downloaded it even though I don't use my Incredible anymore.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29