Thread: Software Update with LG Chocolate Touch

Phone
    LG VX8575 (Chocolate Touch) Mmmm!
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Software Update with LG Chocolate Touch

Good morning, I am trying to update the firmware on my Chocolate Touch on Verizon.

When I try running Software Update on the Touch itself, it just says No Update Available.

When I try running the LG Software Update program on my Windows 7 x64, it tells me that VX857V06 is available (I have V05). However, during the upgrade attempt, it keeps asking me to install the USB drivers endlessly (even though I already have the drivers).

Has anyone ran into this problem and how to fix it? Could it be the fact I'm running Windows 7? Could running the Software Updater in compatibility mode help?

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Go to the nearest Verizon corporate store and have them do it within 15 minutes? How much time have you spent on this?

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Too much time apparently.

Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Definitely try a store, they'll have no problems doing it though you might end up with a different phone if yours won't flash or gets bricked. You may want to look up on VZW's store locator site to see if your closest store supports software upgrades, and call them before going.
    I also only trust XP for doing these types of firmware flashes, don't know why but I never have had problems doing updates on any of my phones in XP.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200
    Definitely try a store, they'll have no problems doing it though you might end up with a different phone if yours won't flash or gets bricked. You may want to look up on VZW's store locator site to see if your closest store supports software upgrades, and call them before going.
    I also only trust XP for doing these types of firmware flashes, don't know why but I never have had problems doing updates on any of my phones in XP.
    Yeah, I'm through trying to upgrade it. I managed to get the correct program to come up, but the new program said VERSION NOT SUPPORT. It's off to the store I go.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is bizarre. I went to my local Verizon store and they said that VX857V05 is the current firmware for my Chocolate Touch.

Does this mean that VX857v06 isn't supported yet by Verizon on this phone?

Phones
    HTC Incredible
    Chocolate Touch
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CapPicard
    This is bizarre. I went to my local Verizon store and they said that VX857V05 is the current firmware for my Chocolate Touch.

My wife picked up a Chocolate Touch a few days ago. It has VX857v06.

Phones
    LG Chocolate Touch
    Samsung Juke
    Motorola T730
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why not just go to Settings-->Phone Info-->Check Now, and see? If there is one it should come down OTA, which is a piece of cake.

Phones
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Q9m
    Q
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CapPicard

That's exactly why I would recommend not going to the store. So many times I've been to the VZW store when I know there is a software update available and they tell me there isn't one. I'm sure there is some way for you to do it at home from your computer.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried OTA software update. Keeps saying there are no updates available. I tried going to my local retail store yesterday (to fix a weird speaker phone issue). They had the software update listed as being available, but for some reason, they didn't have the flash files on hand to do it...