Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to: VoIP and SIP Client guide for Nokia phones

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, that's bad as I can no longer make free GV/WiFi phone calls with my N82. It's good because it forces me to do something I've been avoiding for months now. It forces me to find a better way to do the same thing. Ap's, Nokia SIP
    settings, GV dialers etc etc. Headache here I come.

Carrier(s)
    Callcentric: Nokia
    Feedback Score
    The E71x is Symbian platformed. From a VOIP standpoint, does this device belong with this thread and its E71 bretheren? I just received an E71x today and was able to register SIP with callcentric.com through wifi. I borrowed a friend's AT&T sim chip: I could read his contacts, but could not make a call.

If anyone has had success with VOIP on an E71x, I would appreciate sharing lessons learned. I would also appreciate insightful comments from senior members with VOIP experience on Symbian platforms.

Feedback Score
    The integrated VoIP/SIP client of unlocked E71 is not on AT&T’s E71x.
    Seems that you have to install the "advanced VOIP settings" client app on your e71x from the Nokia Forum! However, let us know if it enables sip/VoIP settings and Internet calls on your phone.
    The tightly integrated VoIP/SIP client on the Nokia Symbian S60 / ^3 and unlocked E71 (not AT&T’s E71x) is one of the most amazing developments in telephony in the last years.

Sent from my iPhone 3G using HowardForums app

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    @SipUser, Do you have a link to the VOIP client app / filename? There are several Nokia forums out there. I'll try it out and report the results.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I read the post. It is good to see that you are still interested in VOIP. Actually, its not a problem at all. There are many software developer company who provides VOIP. You may visit their site. Here i am giving you a link one of them and i hope it will help you a lot. This is an enriched site and they have the beginner's guide also. So, you can check it out...
    <html>
    <body>

<a href="http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_88-working-with-rtp-in-voip-sip-calls-using-ozeki-voip-sip-sdk-voip.html">Working with RTP in VoIP SIP calls</a>

</body>
    </html>

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpjuliet View Post
    Hi,
    I read the post. It is good to see that you are still interested in VOIP. Actually, its not a problem at all. There are many software developer company who provides VOIP. You may visit their site. Here i am giving you a link one of them and i hope it will help you a lot. This is an enriched site and they have the beginner's guide also. So, you can check it out...
    <html>
    <body>

<a href="http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_88-working-with-rtp-in-voip-sip-calls-using-ozeki-voip-sip-sdk-voip.html">Working with RTP in VoIP SIP calls</a>

</body>
    </html>
    @mpjuliet: the Ozeki link (above) and interface is a .NET interface and not Nokia Symbian SIP software. Or did I miss something???

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to bump this thread. I have several questions.

First, does anyone know of a SIP client or other application for the E61 that implements STUN to allow a SIP connection through a router? I have only been able to get this phone's built-in SIP client to connect to the server if the router/AP connects directly to the Internet and knows its real IP address on the WAN side. If there is more than one NAT traversal I'm SOL. In the case of ATT U-verse Internet, it becomes essentially impossible. I tried installing the Tivi SIP client but neither the current (v. 2.0.9) or prior (v. 2.0.8) clients would install on my phone.

Second, I'm considering the purchase of a new E6. What is the SIP client like on that phone? I read the manual and all it said was that I was supposed to download the settings for the service I use. That's not much help.

I do like the Symbian OS and would like to stick with a phone that has a keyboard but Android looks easier every day.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G-telware View Post
    rf12 why you have climbed a cell phone tower ?
    Those are just semi-random tags that the forum applies based on the number of postings a member has made.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I'm going to bump this thread. I have several questions.

First, does anyone know of a SIP client or other application for the E61 that implements STUN to allow a SIP connection through a router? I have only been able to get this phone's built-in SIP client to connect to the server if the router/AP connects directly to the Internet and knows its real IP address on the WAN side. If there is more than one NAT traversal I'm SOL. In the case of ATT U-verse Internet, it becomes essentially impossible. I tried installing the Tivi SIP client but neither the current (v. 2.0.9) or prior (v. 2.0.8) clients would install on my phone.

Second, I'm considering the purchase of a new E6. What is the SIP client like on that phone? I read the manual and all it said was that I was supposed to download the settings for the service I use. That's not much help.

I do like the Symbian OS and would like to stick with a phone that has a keyboard but Android looks easier every day.
    Android with CSipSimple was very easy to install: 15 minutes to standup with callcentric.com. Successfully used callcentric in EU and South America.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorback View Post
    Android with CSipSimple was very easy to install: 15 minutes to standup with callcentric.com. Successfully used callcentric in EU and South America.
    Yes. I'm familiar with CSipSimple and SipDroid and a couple of other Android VOIP clients. But my question really was about a Symbian phone.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would like to know if its possible to get rid of the bluetooth headset beep when making a SIP call while the phone is in offline mode? This is happening on a ST e71 that I had used for a SIM swap but have found it to be a good voip phone so gets frequent use.

Feedback Score
    thanks for this great information....

Feedback Score
    definately should sticky this thread.

Feedback Score
    It is very useful for my cellphones!

Feedback Score
    I've read that. It has good information.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast