Thread: restart loop - samsung sch-u450

Feedback Score

restart loop - samsung sch-u450

Hello there,

I have a samsung Intensity (sch-u450) which recently entered a never-ending reboot loop. I've tried taking out the battery for a while, then starting it again to no avail.

I'm not sure what could have caused this since, as far as I know, nothing changed from the last time the phone restarted.

Is there any way I can basically reformat the phone (or fix the restart loop)?

Feedback Score
    Also

Right before it went into the restart loop I was using CDMA workshop 2.7 to see if I could get the 4 digit password for the "security" menu option, which I did (by connecting to COM3 and then clicking the QCDM button, which brings up a bunch of phone info). However, when I exited the program and tried to start up my phone, it wouldn't start all the way and thus began the loop.

Maybe that'll help in a diagnosis, but probably not. Here's hoping:

Phone
    Samsung Caliber
    Carrier
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you need to do a factory reset to reset everything back to normal.

If you can't get past the loop, you can't make changes.

Not sure how you do that with your phone but calling 611 would be a start.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Okeechobee
    Sounds like you need to do a factory reset to reset everything back to normal.

If you can't get past the loop, you can't make changes.

Not sure how you do that with your phone but calling 611 would be a start.
    You can do a factory reset on a Samsung in the boot-loop. Unfortunately, it's an issue that has to be repaired by Samsung.

Phone
    Samsung Caliber
    Carrier
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    nix calling 611....

Call their 800 support number OR...take it to the store where you got it.

I was out of twon recently and wanted to make some changes to my phone but decided to wait till I was back home for this exact reason.

With Urban's 2nd on the factory reset, it sounds like the route you need to take.

I hope that doesn't require sending the phone back?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I meant to say you CANNOT do a factory reset while it's in the boot-loop.

Feedback Score
    I'm able to get it into "USB download mode" and I'm also able to read all the files on the phone while it's turned off, which portends at least the illusion of it-can-be-fixed-ness.

But I've caved and verizon says they'll probably replace the phone (as soon as I can get it to a verizon store)

Phone
    samsung intensity
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem. Did you have to send it to Verizon, or did you figure something out? If you had to send it, how much did it cost (if you don't have the insurance on it I mean)?