Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Problems/Issues Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Official HTC Droid Incredible Problems/Issues Thread

Please use this thread to discuss any problems or issues in regards to the HTC Droid Incredible
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    I'm getting intermittent audio that I believe is linked to poor reception. Never had any issues with my Blackberry Tour or Moto Droid; I believe it to be the phone.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Old

New

------------------------------------------------
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf..."

God bless our Marines...

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Feedback Score
    I am new to Smartphones so any help would be great.

I am trying to download apps, such as WeatherBug. However, there is no progress on the download. It only says Starting download... and the bar remains still.

Can anyone help?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Okay. I hate when this happens.

My device started to freeze up completely. At first a battery pull would help.

Now it's completely frozen..... battery pulls don't work.

I'm going to try and find a way to master reset this thing.... If that doesn't help I'm going to exchange it.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    3G iPhone S 32 GIG
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got an incredible today. So far I'm loving it. It makes me reevaluate the whole Android experience. I had a hero and a Droid neither of which I cared for too much. The processor in this incredible makes a world of difference. Call quality is great. The only thing I've noticed so far is that signal strength and battery life aren't the greatest. Overall though a cool device.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've heard from someone that the color issue is with the phone overheating while being charged. Dunno, I haven't used it long enough to notice the coloration though.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone having problems logging into facebook? It keeps telling me to try again later.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDogg795
    I'm getting intermittent audio that I believe is linked to poor reception. Never had any issues with my Blackberry Tour or Moto Droid; I believe it to be the phone.
    Maybe try a different Incredible out in a store (display model). The unit I've used for a week has not had this problem.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sFab
    I am new to Smartphones so any help would be great.

I am trying to download apps, such as WeatherBug. However, there is no progress on the download. It only says Starting download... and the bar remains still.

Can anyone help?
    When you download an app, the progress bar should move from left to right. Then the notification at the top (where the time is) should say it was installed. Try a few other apps and see if it works.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckono
    Just got an incredible today. So far I'm loving it. It makes me reevaluate the whole Android experience. I had a hero and a Droid neither of which I cared for too much. The processor in this incredible makes a world of difference. Call quality is great. The only thing I've noticed so far is that signal strength and battery life aren't the greatest. Overall though a cool device.
    The battery life does get better after some cycles. Best thing to do is to keep the phone on until it runs out and powers it self down. The charge it with the phone off. After a few days-week you should notice a difference.
    The signal bars at the top only show 1-2 where I'm at, while the Moto Droid shows 3-4. But going into the settings menu both have the same -86dB signal strength. It is better to go by the dB value. Closer to 0 is better (such as -60dB is better signal strength than -90dB).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi
    Okay. I hate when this happens.

My device started to freeze up completely. At first a battery pull would help.

Now it's completely frozen..... battery pulls don't work.

I'm going to try and find a way to master reset this thing.... If that doesn't help I'm going to exchange it.
    It sounds like you may have a defective unit (or battery).
    I remember this happening to the Moto Droid when it first came out; some people's phone would freeze (requiring the battery to be removed), or phone's restarting on their own.
    I've been unit the Incredible for a week and it has not once froze or restarted on its own.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ushneb
    I've heard from someone that the color issue is with the phone overheating while being charged. Dunno, I haven't used it long enough to notice the coloration though.
    I've never heard that, but the one with the greenish hue would be turned off and charge overnight, so I'm sure it would be done in 3 hours, but still connected to the charger for 4-6 hours.
    It is also possible that as the display is used over time, that the red hue may get less. I've heard that some LCD/TFT and Plasma HDTV should be used for about a week before doing any color adjustments or calibrations.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex
    Is anyone having problems logging into facebook? It keeps telling me to try again later.
    Just tried and facebook it working fine.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Just tried and facebook it working fine.
    Working now..... Weird, I had to re-sign on from a regular computer.

Does facebook sync up with your contacts? For like pictures and stuff?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    It sounds like you may have a defective unit (or battery).
    I remember this happening to the Moto Droid when it first came out; some people's phone would freeze (requiring the battery to be removed), or phone's restarting on their own.
    I've been unit the Incredible for a week and it has not once froze or restarted on its own.

I did a full factory reset and now it works just fine. Must have been a corrupted file somewhere? I'll see how it goes over the weekend. If it freezes up again, I'll definitely get it swapped.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast