Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HTC Droid Incredible Problems/Issues Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just received a notification on my HTC saying " Low on space" / "Phone storage space is getting low."

Don't know what to do here.... Any help?!?!?!?!

When I click on the notification it takes me to Manage Applications.

If I go to Menu ----> Settings ----> SD card & phone storage

It says the following:

SD Card = 7.61GB Total/7.61GB Available
    Internal Phone Storage = 6.60GB Total/6.60 Available
    Phone Memory = 748MB Total/707MB Available

Very confused here.

Device(s)
    A990, E815, A930
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer424
    The phone is grabbing the names from different locations, like mine had mt Google contacts and my Facebook contacts. you can manually link them in the People widget.

1. Open "People"
    2. Select a name.
    3. Click "Menu"
    4. Choose "Link".
    5. It will give you a suggested name or you can choose another contact.
    SO if I am running exchange and i link to facebook it will not automatically copy all my facebook contacts into the exchange account? Basically does it keep everything separate unless I link them?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    sirflex, maybe this has something to do with your bug (though I've not seen that message).

Does everyone have the "0.00B" bug in Running Services? I believe everyone does.

Go to Settings > Applications > Running Services. It will be correct the first time you go there, and you will see all the running apps and their memory usage, and then the memory usages totalled up down on the bottom.
    BUT, if you "back" out of those settings menus and then go back in, the memory info is all missing and the info on the bottom shows the memory as 0.00B. Everything still runs fine, I think it is just a bug with displaying the info.

If you force close something (or reboot), then the memory info is updated and correct again. At least until you leave the running services menu and go back in again.

Feedback Score

Haptic Feedback

Hi,

I have unchecked the haptic feedback feature because I don't like the vibration when i text or dial a number but for some reason it's not working it's still vibrating. Anyway know how to fix this or why it's doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Claudine

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krzzee
    Hi,

I have unchecked the haptic feedback feature because I don't like the vibration when i text or dial a number but for some reason it's not working it's still vibrating. Anyway know how to fix this or why it's doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Claudine
    Use the Settings > Keyboard settings and then also use the settings in the app itself. Click Menu button when you are in the app that is still giving haptic feedback - often the app itself has its own options, and one of them could be haptic.

... unless that's a bug. I haven't noticed where I have haptic feedback - it must be to my liking already if I didn't notice.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Feedback Score
    My power button sticks when pressed. It ususlly "pops" back out after a second or so. I can actually hear it pop sometimes. Anyone else having this?
    Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered!

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have this too - the button sometimes just stays depressed and then eventually comes back up. I discovered that if I just use a very light touch it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by dfstrasser
    My power button sticks when pressed. It ususlly "pops" back out after a second or so. I can actually hear it pop sometimes. Anyone else having this?

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

"Phone Only" at night, etc...

zgirl8 said:

"Speaking of not being woken up at night, I loved my BB's "phone only" setting, which I used every night. Is the only way to do this to go in and manually turn off notifications at night? Or is there a shorter/quicker way?"

Search for "Quick Profiles" by SoftXPerience in the marketplace.

You can then create a "Phone Only" profile and set all sounds off except your phones ringer. I too came from a Blackberry and loved the profiles.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Handcent SMS : Reminders

Quote Originally Posted by Maveri9720
    I have a quick question. This is my first smart phone and I'm coming from an enV2. Is there a setting to repeat notification of texts? The enV2 had a setting I could change for repeating text notification every 2, 5, 15 mins after initial text notification. Also, it had an option of setting a time frame of when not to be notified of new emails. Can I do this with the Inc? Right now, I have vibrate and sound notifications off, b/c I don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night for some stupid spam email, but would like to be notified when I'm out and about of a new email without looking at it every 5 mins.

Thanks.
    The SMS app "Handcent" is very intuitive. Open the app, press "Menu", "Settings" and scroll down to "SMS Receive setting", select "Notification settings", then scroll down to the "Reminders" section.

Check the "Enable reminders", set the "Number of reminders" and don't forget to set the "Reminder interval".

This will allow the phone to alert you that you have unread messages. You can set it to continually send reminders or a set number of reminders (only remind me 5, 10 whatever number of times) and the time that will elapse between them...

Good luck...

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    REMINDER: The signal meter that shows how many bars you have... it is not always right. So if you are comparing your old phone or a friend's phone to yours... you will almost always show less bars (although it is only a display issue). The signal strength is actually stronger...

From the home screen, press "Menu", "Settings" and the scroll to the bottom and select "About Phone". Next select "Network". Look for the "Signal Strength". It is shown in negative numbers... so -90dBm is worse signal strength than -82dBm

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberspy
    zgirl8 said:

"Speaking of not being woken up at night, I loved my BB's "phone only" setting, which I used every night. Is the only way to do this to go in and manually turn off notifications at night? Or is there a shorter/quicker way?"

Search for "Quick Profiles" by SoftXPerience in the marketplace.

You can then create a "Phone Only" profile and set all sounds off except your phones ringer. I too came from a Blackberry and loved the profiles.
    Since I don't have my phone with me at work I cannot test this yet but I will at lunch time. I though we have an option for sound profiles within the standard sounds and display settings. Is it possible to set one of those profiles to the equivalent of "Phone Only" and at night switch to that? If so that will do that you need as well.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    a couple of problems...

Last week, while out to dinner, I wanted to capture some movies of my son. the Video camera would NOT record no matter what I did. The still camera would not snap a picture either. After we got home, I decided to play and see... they worked!!! Is this a Potential bug?

On Sunday night when I got home from my golf trip, I sat on the sofa and watched the end of the hockey game. Later, when I picked up my incredible and went to use it... it kept scrolling from pane to pane on the home screens.. by it self! attempts to click/tap an icon, to using the home button, etc all failed. I had to turn it off, then back on to fix.

In the web browser, I was trying to post a comment on a photo on facebook's web site... after typing the comment, and tapping the post button, nothing happened.. Again, I had to power off/on to fix.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would love to be able to save over the default HTC Scenes to save a set of homepages. So far my workaround has been to save a scene with the same name as a default scene but with a trailing space. It seems that the default scenes are only good as starting points for making custom scenes, but maybe that's all they are intended for.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have problems with audio via headphones? In both Pandora and the radio fm programs when I start playing music and push the power button to put it in "standby mode" i then put it in my pocket and the song will change or the radio station will change or stop playing. It seems like when it is in standby mode the screen still reponds to touch? Anyone else have this problem?

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible, LG Dare (benched), LG Chocolate G1 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon
    my camera sometimes doesnt work, it freezes all the time or doesnt flash thats my only problem with this phone
    I've had a few camera issues as well. Mine has frozen a few times, other times, right after a picture it won't save and just go to the home page, exiting the camera "app". When I go back in to see if the picture is there, it's not.

The other only thing I have a problem with, I'm not sure if this is a problem or just how the software works but, when I try to add a word when I type something wrong (manually going in and adding a word, not just typing a word and having it accept it and saying "xxxx saved") it won't let me add punctuation. For example let's say I try to type "that's" and put in "thays", "thats" show up but not "that's". So I go to the "add word" option and try to type in "that's" it won't let me put in the apostrophe.

The only other thing I have had go wrong is the phone reset by itself once the first day I got it, hasn't happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Try and do a software reset and see if that corrects it. Get to the menu by holding the bottom volume and power button. Or by holding the optical pad and power button.

I've used the camera on it a lot, no freezes.
    I tried this, but couldn't get the menu to come up. I got the regular menu that shows up when you hold the power button, but nothing with software reset or anything.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast