Thread: What's my voicemail "mailbox number?"

Feedback Score

What's my voicemail "mailbox number?"

I've searched the forum but still haven't found the answer. I hope someone can help.

When I press *86 to setup my wife's VM, I don't get the same setup prompts as I did when I set up mine a week ago.

Instead, it says "Welcome to the Message Management System. Enter the mailbox number you wish to leave a message for. To access your own mailbox, press pound." After I press # it again asks for the mailbox number. I've tried entering her phone number (with area code), 9999, 0000, 1111, etc. Nothing works.

Anyone know what my mailbox number is??

I sat on hold for 2 hours waiting for CS and never got through. I even asked the WalMart guy, who was a stumped as I am.

The phone (LG 220C) makes and receives calls just fine. But no one can leave a message, and we can't retrieve them. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

PS: BTW, I called CS on Friday ~4pm and got through in <10 min. She even spoke English! I only wish I'd known about this problem then.

Phones
    Sidekick Slide
    LG Vu
    Samsung R355C
    Carriers
    TMoToGo,
    Feedback Score
    I vaguely recall when setting up the mailbox that your code or mailbox number is set to a default at first:

the last 4 digits of your phone number.

hope this helps.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    if you are having trouble getting to your voicemail box, I usually hold down the 1 button till it goes to voicemail... or I dial the number and wait till it goes to voicemail. Then I would hit * and do the four digit code.

you might need to call the cs to reset the entire phone? I am not sure about that. Hope you get it to work. you might have a defective phone? That might be a possibility.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I`ve transfered my phone number from one net10 phone to another Net10 phone several times. The Voicemail has transfered with the phone number and stayed active, even retaining stored messages.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by judyneric
    I vaguely recall when setting up the mailbox that your code or mailbox number is set to a default at first:

the last 4 digits of your phone number.

hope this helps.
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

UPDATE:

-- Yes, I already tried the last 4 numbers of the phone number.

-- Not a defective phone. The same thing happened with a previous phone (which I returned, thinking it might be defective) :-)

FYI, I spent 2+ hours on hold Sat AM (thank God for speaker phones!) trying to reach CS; no luck. I'll try again today and will post the answer if I get one. I have a feeling CS needs to re-configure.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Call Executive Relations at 1-305-715-6673. That office is open from 8am to 5pm EST. They will be able to fix the problem, make sure you tell them right away that you have a ST phone, this is the executive relations department for all of America Movil including Tracfone, Safelink and Net10 as well as Straight Talk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    Call Executive Relations at 1-305-715-6673. That office is open from 8am to 5pm EST. They will be able to fix the problem, make sure you tell them right away that you have a ST phone, this is the executive relations department for all of America Movil including Tracfone, Safelink and Net10 as well as Straight Talk.
    Thanks for the tip. I just left them a VM and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Sweet insider access number - thanks for the info.
    Saved to contacts.
    Getting through to live people can be a nightmare.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeO
    Sweet insider access number - thanks for the info.
    Saved to contacts.
    Getting through to live people can be a nightmare.

You are welcome. Please don't abuse it. Using this number I usually get through right away, but I conduct most of my business at 8-9 am. I have heard that after 5pm est, this number may connect to outside CS, I don't know if it connects directly to supervision or not. Remember that this number is meant for executive functions (media, manufacturer contact, Wal-Mart), so anything having to do with phones may require a transfer to someone in that department (but not usually outside of Miami, FL, unlike their advertised 1-800 number which connects directly to Columbia and the Philippines).

I understand Columbia CS is about as effective as luck of the draw is in poker -- since Carlos is that country's biggest legal employer by far (and education is optional to begin with), they have to dig quite far down the employment pool there. I wonder if he would like to hire approximately 150 million people here. . . (that is about what describes America Movil's position in Columbia, hiring 60-70 per cent of the able bodied public over 14). If I worked for them in that department, I would move half of the phone pool to another country so they don't have the current situation forcing them to take a second-grade dropout to man the phones!

Feedback Score
    UPDATE: Fixed! Thanks, mharris127. CS called me back and reset the phone and all is well.

I agree, let's not abuse this "insider" phone number, or it'll quickly be changed and we'll be back where we started.