Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SCH-R451C - Transfering Contacts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phones
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    HTC 8125
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0

    SCH-R451C - Transfering Contacts

    The Tools:

    HTC 8125 PPC from old provider (10yrs... i know, im a sucker) ATT-Wireless/Cingular.

    HP Desktop w/XP

    Asus EeePC 1000HE Notebook w/Bluetooth.

    New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C.

    750ML Bottle of Jack Danials.

    2 cans of Ginger Ale.

    The Task:

    Get 150 contacts from HTC to Samsung.

    The Limitations:

    The task would be easy if the HTC were to permit me the ability to send contacts via Bluetooth. HTC will allow transferal via IR port, but that dont help us any here.

    Desktop computer does not have bluetooth, but does have MS Office w/Outlook, as well as, ActiveSync. ActiveSync will sync HTC w/Outlook. FYI... ActiveSync will not sync contacts with Outlook Express.

    The notebook, has bluetooth, and Outlook Express (which, of course, i dont use).

    Outlook, as it turns out, aint so friendly to converting down the chain to Outlook Express. Outlook wants to export to <.pst> format, naturally... OE dont want no <.pst>'s in there house cuz, Bill, said so!

    This is where "Jack/Ginger" speak-up... ... nothing ever seems "simple" w/ Microshaft.

    After considerable consternation, and loathing the possibility of manual entry, I discover that there is, indeed, a common link betwixed the inbred clients!!! The Comma Separated Value <.CSV> file!! ... Another Jack/Ginger!!!

    The Solution:

    1. Sync HTC with Desktop to OUTLOOK.
    2. Export the Address Book to a <.CSV>.
    3. Transport the <.CSV> file to the Notebook.
    4. Import the <.CSV> to Outlook Express.
    5. Simply start bluetoothing the contacts to the New Straight Talk Samsung
    SCH-R451C using OE's convenient "Action" Button, RIGHT?
    6. WRONG! In true MicroShaft fashion... It's not that easy. You must
    transfer each contact one at a time, repetitively.
    7. Move to the veranda deck... Your New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C
    phone, the Asus EeePC 1000HE Notebook w/Bluetooth, the 750ML Bottle
    of Jack Danials, and 2 cans of Ginger Ale.
    8. Spend the rest of the afternoon in the sun with a great drink while
    repetitively being reminded of how ridiculous the "Tech World" is, by not
    standardizing certain aspects of there proprietary nature.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Phones
    Sidekick Slide
    LG Vu
    Samsung R355C
    Carriers
    TMoToGo,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lucky you!

    I tried to for hours to transfer contacts from an LG Vu to Samsung R355C via Bluetooth. For HOURS. I tried so many different things, that once I'd almost get something to work, it would fail and I'd realize I had failed at the same exact procedure 45 minutes before.

    Either all his technology is becoming unnecessarily extremely complicated, or I've become a f***ing moron in the past few years.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    126
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judyneric
    Lucky you!

    I tried to for hours to transfer contacts from an LG Vu to Samsung R355C via Bluetooth. For HOURS. I tried so many different things, that once I'd almost get something to work, it would fail and I'd realize I had failed at the same exact procedure 45 minutes before.

    Either all his technology is becoming unnecessarily extremely complicated, or I've become a f***ing moron in the past few years.
    I was able to Bluetooth ~250 contacts from an old LG Chocolate to my R355C in minutes - OTHER THREAD

    Old chocolate was compatible with BitPim - import CSV file into BitPim, Bluetooth over to Sammy 355.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10
    Phones
    Sidekick Slide
    LG Vu
    Samsung R355C
    Carriers
    TMoToGo,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeO
    I was able to Bluetooth ~250 contacts from an old LG Chocolate to my R355C in minutes - OTHER THREAD

    Old chocolate was compatible with BitPim - import CSV file into BitPim, Bluetooth over to Sammy 355.

    TypeO, any special way you got your 355 to connect to bluetooth?

    I try to pair them, enter a pairing code on the 355, then the PC, but then the devices just stop seeing each other.

    \\\Edit to add:

    They pair, and the PC window says it is checking for drivers and will install them if necessary, and I can close the window, but the device may not run properly until drivers are installed.

    And then, nothing. The PC connection disappears from the 355 screen, and I am left with "Add New Device."

    The bluetooth settings on the PC show my 355, and say it is paired, but connection is not active.

    Thanks for any ideas!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    126
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judyneric
    TypeO, any special way you got your 355 to connect to bluetooth?

    I try to pair them, enter a pairing code on the 355, then the PC, but then the devices just stop seeing each other.

    \\\Edit to add:

    They pair, and the PC window says it is checking for drivers and will install them if necessary, and I can close the window, but the device may not run properly until drivers are installed.

    And then, nothing. The PC connection disappears from the 355 screen, and I am left with "Add New Device."

    The bluetooth settings on the PC show my 355, and say it is paired, but connection is not active.

    Thanks for any ideas!
    Not sure what to tell ya -
    I have bluetooth on my computer at work, and I added my 355, and just today sent some mp3s to my phone off the computer (I work for the Army, and they disabled ALL USB data ports on the entire network over a year ago, so there's no easy way to slap a file on or off the computer).

    I just right click the file, select "Send To", then select "Bluetooth device"
    My Bluetooth screen comes up, I select my 355, the 355 gets a notice the computer wants to connect, I select YES, and that's it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    373
    Phones
    Samsung R451C
    LG vx9800 The V
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    im tranferring contact from my lg vx9900 (env) to my r451c. the only problem is its only transferring one at a time even though im selecting 10. so there might be a problem with the bluetooth on the r451c

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Transferring Contacts on New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C

    I purchase a New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C phone and I would like to know how to get my contacts added to my new cell phone ? I purchased the USB data cable and tried taking them from the PC straight to the R451C but the pc with WIN 7 wouldn't recognize the cell phone as a hard drive only as a modem so that didn't work, then I purchased a micro usb 8GB card and transferred all the Contacts onto the card with a USB card reader and checked to see if they were copied ok on the usb micro card and they were, then put the 8GB card in R451C phone and still No Luck, they were not to be found ??? Please someone tell me What and How to Transfer Contacts onto this New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C Cell phone... Thanks for ANY Information PCMAN44@HOTMAIL.COM

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Transferring Contacts on New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C
    I purchase a New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C phone and I would like to know how to get my contacts added to my new cell phone ? I purchased the USB data cable and tried taking them from the PC straight to the R451C but the pc with WIN 7 wouldn't recognize the cell phone as a hard drive only as a modem so that didn't work, then I purchased a micro usb 8GB card and transferred all the Contacts onto the card with a USB card reader and checked to see if they were copied ok on the usb micro card and they were, then put the 8GB card in R451C phone and still No Luck, they were not to be found ??? Please someone tell me What and How to Transfer Contacts onto this New Straight Talk Samsung SCH-R451C Cell phone... Thanks for ANY Information PCMAN44@HOTMAIL.COM

Bookmarks