Thread: Transferring minutes and numbers

Feedback Score

Transferring minutes and numbers

The airtime card due date of my Tracfone was 4/24/10, and I have not renewed my airtime yet. There are over 600 units listed as being available on this phone. If I renew now, would I retain those 600 units?

I am also curious about what my options would be if I got a new Tracfone. Could I transfer all of my units from the old phone to the new phone? Could I transfer my phone number from the old phone to the new phone? And would the old phone have to be activated in order to make any transfers to a new phone?

Thanks

Phones
    w370
    w376
    w170
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryogen
    The airtime card due date of my Tracfone was 4/24/10, and I have not renewed my airtime yet. There are over 600 units listed as being available on this phone. 1- If I renew now, would I retain those 600 units?

I am also curious about what my options would be if I got a new Tracfone. 2-Could I transfer all of my units from the old phone to the new phone?3- Could I transfer my phone number from the old phone to the new phone? 4-And would the old phone have to be activated in order to make any transfers to a new phone?

Thanks
    1-yes
    2-yes
    3-doubtful
    4-yes
    velcome

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The airtime card due date of my Tracfone was 4/24/10, and I have not renewed my airtime yet. There are over 600 units listed as being available on this phone. If I renew now, would I retain those 600 units?

I am also curious about what my options would be if I got a new Tracfone. Could I transfer all of my units from the old phone to the new phone? Could I transfer my phone number from the old phone to the new phone? And would the old phone have to be activated in order to make any transfers to a new phone?

Thanks
    From Tracfone T&C:
    SERVICE END DATE. If you do not purchase and add airtime prior to the Service End Date, which is the date displayed on your TracFone screen and is the last day of your service period, your TRACFONE Service will be deactivated on the Service End Date and you will lose your TRACFONE phone number, even if you have minutes remaining. To prevent this from occurring, please keep your TRACFONE Service active by purchasing and adding one or more airtime cards before the Service End Date. Notwithstanding the Service End Date displayed on your TRACFONE, TracFone Wireless reserves the right to discontinue service and deactivate any TRACFONE handset for which there is no voice, text or Data Services usage for a period of twelve (12) consecutive months If your Service is deactivated, your TRACFONE can be reactivated by purchasing and adding any TRACFONE Prepaid Wireless Airtime card. However, once reactivated, your TRACFONE will be assigned a new phone number. Airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will remain on your TRACFONE if it is reactivated within 60 days from the deactivation date. However, airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will be lost if your TRACFONE Service remains deactivated longer than 60 days.

Sometimes your phone number is not reclaimed immediately after de-activation and MAY still be there when you reactivate.

You cannot transfer remaining minutes from an un-activated phone as the phone is the equivalent of dead. An airtime card is necesary to reactivate, as you need to add days of service.

Feedback Score
    1. Do you guys think it would still be worth it to activate the old phone to transfer the units to a new phone?
    The old phone works fine, but I'd like to get a newer model since loading times on the old one for accessing my saved numbers and such are unbearable.

2. And once I buy a new phone, can it be activated right from the package, or would I have to buy an airtime card for it too?
    Losing the number doesn't bother me too much, but I'd like to keep those units if it's really worth it.

Phones
    w370
    w376
    w170
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    1. Do you guys think it would still be worth it to activate the old phone to transfer the units to a new phone?
    The old phone works fine, but I'd like to get a newer model since loading times on the old one for accessing my saved numbers and such are unbearable.

2. And once I buy a new phone, can it be activated right from the package, or would I have to buy an airtime card for it too?
    Losing the number doesn't bother me too much, but I'd like to keep those units if it's really worth it.
    Ryogen,you can buy a 30 min. card(for 10 bucks) on TF webpage to activate the old phone.I believe you MUST do this to transfer the 600 minutes ,but you'll also transfer the add'l minutes as well as 30 days.
    New phone can be activated right outta the box,but I believe you'd also hafta buy a card for the new phone ,as well, to transfer time/minutes from your old phone.I think I'm correct , but if not , someone will jump in here to straighten us both out...good luck

Feedback Score
    New Tracfones come with 60 days of service and 10 minutes (20 minutes if you activate online). So you will have to add a card eventually in order to get more days than that. You can look on the website for phone deals that include a card and then use the card on the old phone. Then transfer everything to the new phone. The transfer will activate the new phone. Don't activate the new phone first because it is a hassle to get rid of that phone number. You can do everything online. If the old phone is GSM (uses a sim card), there is a good chance the phone number hasn't been sent back.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Check out this link:Click here