Thread: How to get past password/security screen on Motorola Q

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

How to get past password/security screen on Motorola Q

Hello!

I bought 2 motorola Qs for my parents off of ebay. One of them works great, but the other one has a password on it. The seller gave me several 4-digit numbers to put in, as well as a 6-digit number, but none of them worked.

I thought it would be great to just set it back to factory settings, so I googled how to do a master reset. All the instructions I found said to turn the phone off, and either hold the center button while holding the power button or to turn it back on and then hold the center button. After this, a master reset screen is supposed to come up, but I can't get anything to happen. I'm still stuck on the locked homepage/password screen.

And then I read on another page that "the master reset will reset everything except the security code back to factory settings." But the security code is the most important thing. Will doing a master reset work at all for this purpose?

How can I get past this security screen? And how do I take the password off once I'm past it? (My dad definitely does not need a password-protected phone.)

Thanks for your help!

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Okay... so I've got over 20 views, but no replies. o__O No one knows how to fix it? Forgive me, but I'm going to double-post in the page plus (my carrier) forum. Feel free to delete this thread (or reply).
    :P

Phones
    Motorola Triumph
    Me: Motorola Triumph
    Wife: Motorola Triumph
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Try these:
    ##3282#
    ##786#
    Then hit send.
    You will probably need your MSL to gain access to the menus.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happichick View Post
    Hello!

The seller gave me several 4-digit numbers to put in, as well as a 6-digit number, but none of them worked.
    If that was a legitimate phone you bought, the seller should have been able to provide you with the proper password. I'm afraid you are in possession of a stolen product. Sorry.
    Two cows went into a bar ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea Collector View Post
    If that was a legitimate phone you bought, the seller should have been able to provide you with the proper password. I'm afraid you are in possession of a stolen product. Sorry.
    well take that phone back where you purchased it from and ask him to fix the problem..