Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Possibly coming back to VZW for Incredible!

Phones
    Samsung SCH-a670 (retired)
    iPhone 4s
    Motorola Droid X (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Possibly coming back to VZW for Incredible!

Last August I was finally fed up with my BB Storm and lack of other good phones on Big Red. I've had an AT&T iPhone since then. The phone is great. The service is TERRIBLE. I'm not optimistic that an iPhone will wind up on VZW in the not-too-distant future, and I've also found that Apple and the iPhone OS is becoming more and more locked down.

I was hoping for the N1, but now that that's been cancelled, I've been seriously considering the Incredible. Is there anybody here that came from an iPhone 3gs to the Incredible who's been happy that they made the switch? Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times, but I haven't found any really good posts on the matter.

Phones
    EVO, at the moment
    Galaxy Nexus
    iPhone 4S (I loved you...really; you just got too boring)
    Carriers
    Verizon (back after 2 years with Sprint)
    Feedback Score
    I was using the iPhone (along with my Eris on Verizon); sold the iPhone to get the Incredible. I love the Incredible, but I still love the iPhone. Service was never an issue for me. The Incredible is an awesome device. Beautiful screen, fast as blazes, sub-par battery life. I still feel I was more productive with my iPhone. I have found useful apps for the Incredible, but I think I had more useful apps on my iPhone. My biggest issue, as per my signature, I just can't ever make up my mind. Each device I have owned, whether a BlackBerry, iPhone, Eris, Incredible, or whatever, has had certain elements that has set it apart from the other. For example: iPhone; well, it's an iPhone...but it's on at & t. BlackBerry; great physical keyboard, great email and messaging capabilities, on all carriers...but screen is too small (don't get me started on the Storm, big screen, but you know); Eris; great form factor...but slow and old version of Android; anyway, you get my drift. I don't know if a device with a combination of all of these strong points will ever come about. If the service has it where you must make the switch, I definitely recommend the Incredible. It's...an Incredible device! (that quote is well worn by now). I have to spend the next few days deciding whether to keep my Incredible or get another iPhone. It will really boil down to whether or not I can learn to be as productive on the Inc as I was on the iPhone. Good luck.

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmet
    I was using the iPhone (along with my Eris on Verizon); sold the iPhone to get the Incredible. I love the Incredible, but I still love the iPhone. Service was never an issue for me. The Incredible is an awesome device. Beautiful screen, fast as blazes, sub-par battery life. I still feel I was more productive with my iPhone. I have found useful apps for the Incredible, but I think I had more useful apps on my iPhone. My biggest issue, as per my signature, I just can't ever make up my mind. Each device I have owned, whether a BlackBerry, iPhone, Eris, Incredible, or whatever, has had certain elements that has set it apart from the other. For example: iPhone; well, it's an iPhone...but it's on at & t. BlackBerry; great physical keyboard, great email and messaging capabilities, on all carriers...but screen is too small (don't get me started on the Storm, big screen, but you know); Eris; great form factor...but slow and old version of Android; anyway, you get my drift. I don't know if a device with a combination of all of these strong points will ever come about. If the service has it where you must make the switch, I definitely recommend the Incredible. It's...an Incredible device! (that quote is well worn by now). I have to spend the next few days deciding whether to keep my Incredible or get another iPhone. It will really boil down to whether or not I can learn to be as productive on the Inc as I was on the iPhone. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll wait a few more weeks until the Apple WWDC and see what the new leaked iPhone 4 will be like. I'd still much prefer to be on VZW, but I'm afraid I'll miss the iPhone. Also might be a good idea to wait a couple of weeks and really wait for the bugs to shake out of the Incredible. It really takes a few weeks for people to decide what they really can't deal with on a daily basis.

I'm just tired of my girlfriend and family screaming at me that they can never hear me, or when I have 5 dropped calls in a row. So annoying! I never had that issue on VZW.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy SII (wife's)
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrk9017
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll wait a few more weeks until the Apple WWDC and see what the new leaked iPhone 4 will be like. I'd still much prefer to be on VZW, but I'm afraid I'll miss the iPhone. Also might be a good idea to wait a couple of weeks and really wait for the bugs to shake out of the Incredible. It really takes a few weeks for people to decide what they really can't deal with on a daily basis.

I'm just tired of my girlfriend and family screaming at me that they can never hear me, or when I have 5 dropped calls in a row. So annoying! I never had that issue on VZW.
    Well then why bother waiting? No new hardware is going to fix the problem with At&t's network in your area. Sure, I loved using the iPhone when I had it a year ago, but like you, the constant dropped calls and network congestion made it pointless to even waste my time. Back to Verizon I went and I haven't looked back. Waiting for the next iPhone isn't going to solve any network issues, so just move forward.

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    Well then why bother waiting? No new hardware is going to fix the problem with At&t's network in your area. Sure, I loved using the iPhone when I had it a year ago, but like you, the constant dropped calls and network congestion made it pointless to even waste my time. Back to Verizon I went and I haven't looked back. Waiting for the next iPhone isn't going to solve any network issues, so just move forward.
    The only reason I've been waiting is for the off-chance that VZW somehow winds up with the iPhone with the next generation. My guess is that they won't seeing how Apple keeps reiterating it's commitment to AT&T. I just feel like I'm going to go back to VZW, and then BAM....VZW iPhone within a week!

I will admit i'm intrigued by the flexibility of Android and an open platform. I just might try it and wait through my trial period to port my # over.

Phones
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Moto E815 reg cell Work Horse
    Samsung Omnia 1 BOOOOO!! Samsung u740 -Boo!!!!
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    It dont even matter what you want to get right now, just plan on coming back to Verizon. And just wait. For a few weeks, a few months.

Trust me. The wait will be worth it. If anything, you have more choices by waiting.

Feedback Score
    I'm just tired of my girlfriend and family screaming at me that they can never hear me, or when I have 5 dropped calls in a row.
    And this hasn't convinced you that you're on the wrong network? I ask because you seem to be more concerned whether or not VZW gets the iPhone and you're even considering waiting to see what the next iPhone has to offer you. I mean, no matter how good it is, it will not solve your network issues. It just sound like your priority is which phone you have rather than how well it works (on the network it's on).

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walis
    And this hasn't convinced you that you're on the wrong network? I ask because you seem to be more concerned whether or not VZW gets the iPhone and you're even considering waiting to see what the next iPhone has to offer you. I mean, no matter how good it is, it will not solve your network issues. It just sound like your priority is which phone you have rather than how well it works (on the network it's on).
    You're right. I had about 5 dropped calls while driving home tonight. I don't think I can take it anymore. I have to realize that it's a phone first, and if it can't successfully make a phone call it's kind of useless. I'll probably get an incredible this weekend if any VZW stores in my area have them in stock.

Phones
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Moto E815 reg cell Work Horse
    Samsung Omnia 1 BOOOOO!! Samsung u740 -Boo!!!!
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    You're right. I had about 5 dropped calls while driving home tonight. I don't think I can take it anymore. I have to realize that it's a phone first, and if it can't successfully make a phone call it's kind of useless. I'll probably get an incredible this weekend if any VZW stores in my area have them in stock.
    This needs to be posted at the top of every phone forum, the very first thing ppl see when they go to every page in that forum.

The flip side to that is, we were talking yesterday at another site about these smartphones replacing netbooks, laptops. If you use your smartphone for the same things you use your netbook/laptop for, then the phone features are like an added bonus.

So it could depend on what u want: reliable phone or reliable netbook/laptop replacement?

Feedback Score
    Sell your iphone. Get an Android phone on Verizon and an ipod touch.

Feedback Score
    That's good to hear. As to the Incredible specifically just know that while the phone is incredible the battery life is not.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have had in iPhone 3g, a 3gs, a Droid and now the incredible. U can't go wrong with the Droid nor esp the Incredible. I wouldn't go back to the iPhone even if it were to come to Verizon and wouldn't go back to at&t's horrible network no matter what kind of phone they have or get.

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's good to hear. As to the Incredible specifically just know that while the phone is incredible the battery life is not.
    Is it worse than an iPhone 3gs? It might be bad, but at least I can have a second battery ready to slap in, unlike the iPhone. Also the Seido 1700MaH battery should cure some of that.

Feedback Score
    Is it worse than an iPhone 3gs? It might be bad, but at least I can have a second battery ready to slap in, unlike the iPhone. Also the Seido 1700MaH battery should cure some of that.
    It's definitely worse than the 3GS (I had one), but otherwise the phone lives up to its moniker. My only reason for sticking with my Droid is that it gets better battery life and possibly gets better reception (though this is subjective).

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's definitely worse than the 3GS (I had one), but otherwise the phone lives up to its moniker. My only reason for sticking with my Droid is that it gets better battery life and possibly gets better reception (though this is subjective).
    How much worse than the 3gs? How do you like Android compared to the iPhone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast