Thread: Bluetooth Problems with r451c

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Question Bluetooth Problems with r451c

Hi Guys! I have been having some bluetooth problems with my r451c such as it won't connect to my gps nor computer. I was wondering if this was just me or is this phone so crippled that it will only connect to specified headsets?

I emailed Elston already about this problem and the only thing he could tell me was that it will only work with headsets, but the gps can be used as a headset.

I don't know if I should pursue the issue more with customer service or just ditch ST altogether. As far as I am concerned the bluetooth should work with any headset INCLUDING the gps. I can't return the gps nor phone so that's out of the question, btw.

I would appreciate any advice.

Phones
    samsung r451
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (r451[TF268435459004376058000000014348513983] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I cant get my r451c to connect to anything using bluetooth....couldnt connect to pc, other cell phones, headsets, and etc... But ive solved my problem by buying a bb and will be switching over to boost because of st's severe crippling of their phones.

Feedback Score
    I have been using my 451c with both my Motorola h500 headset and the Sync system in my Ford without problem.

Phones
    Samsung SCH-R451c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I use mine with my hands-free system in my '05 Dodge with no problems whatsoever. Works great with sound being clear and distinct.
    Ringie dingie dingie

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input! I contacted Elston again and he is sending me a kit to send it back to them and I will get a new phone. I also explained to him that this phone has a lot of quirky things going on with it, such as the phone shutting off, and that I am not the only person to have this problem.

When I receive the new phone I will let you guys know if they have fixed the problem.

Mwhjr1988, I would contact Elston if I were you, because your bluetooth should definitely work.

Phones
    samsung r451
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (r451[TF268435459004376058000000014348513983] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by cherry33778
    Thanks for the input! I contacted Elston again and he is sending me a kit to send it back to them and I will get a new phone. I also explained to him that this phone has a lot of quirky things going on with it, such as the phone shutting off, and that I am not the only person to have this problem.

When I receive the new phone I will let you guys know if they have fixed the problem.

Mwhjr1988, I would contact Elston if I were you, because your bluetooth should definitely work.
    This morning i tried to pair it with my bb. It would keep saying that the connection failed. Mines also shuts off on its own too...i guess i got a bad sammy that needs to be replaced or fixed. Its only a month and a half old....

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Elston told me that they had crippled the bluetooth so that it could not pair with other devices, only headsets. What I don't understand is that why don't they tell you that when you buy the phone? When most people see that a phone has a bluetooth feature they automatically think it will connect to everything bluetooth, not just headsets. It doesn't even specify that in the manual.

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If it's crippled, then why does the phone display all of the following under the "Tools/Bluetooth/Bluetooth Settings/Supported Profiles" menu:
    1 Headset
    2 Handsfree
    3 Object Push
    4 File Transfer
    5 A2DP

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's often easier, as a programmer, to leave in a feature, but to disable it.

Complete removal is often much more difficult.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    ST covers their butts in many ways, here is one from their T&C:

Some functions and features referenced in the manufacturer’s manual provided with your Straight Talk phone may not be available on your Straight Talk phone. Straight Talk may modify or cancel any Service or take corrective action at any time without prior notice and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this agreement. Straight Talk may change these Terms and Conditions of Service from time to time, so check the Straight Talk website at www.StraightTalk.com for the current version.

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well, I just got the new phone today and it is having the same problem. Oh well, time to switch again. Thank you to everyone for your input.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone who has had this problem got it working?

With mine, I am able to send things from my computer to the phone via Bluetooth, but not from phone to computer. I get an error telling mee that no devices are connected. And another one saying that a connection can only be initiated by the computer, not the phone.

A couple things that might influence this, so forgive me if I am an idiot...
    1. I don't have a micro sd card in yet. I am still waiting for one to come from en Ebay putchase
    2. I haven't actually actated the phone with Straight Talk yet. I was just trying it out.

So could it be somethingthat Straight Talk only allows once you activate it? It just seems weird that I am only having problems sending stuff FROM the phone via Bluetooth, but can do it fine the other way around. I wwould think if they are going to disable it, they would do it both ways.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    well i was able to finally get the bluetooth on the phone to connect to the bluetooth on my MacBook to the point where i could send a photo from the phone to the Macbook (haven't tried the reverse order yet). however, now my mp3 player on the phone doesn't work -- when i go to one of the songs and click ok it comes up with a "not supported" message and takes me to the visualizer but won't play the songs. i have and micro SD card installed and it has been formatted and prior to the bluetooth stuff the mp3 player worked. so now i don't have the mp3 player and who knows what else has been disabled. and if i disable the bluetooth connection, the mp3 player still doesn't work. its ridiculous that they say its bluetooth capable and then we find out that it isn't really. i wonder what else i've messed up in the phone .... who should i contact about it because i can't seem to find troubleshooting documentation anywhere online for it.

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if any of you are still having this problem but I found a web page on ST website that states that the bluetooth feature can be used on other devices, such as car kits.

Here is the link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...pagation=end#g

Based on this I have complained to Elston, again, and demanded a refund since neither phone, the original nor replacement, is working properly. I'll let you guys know if something happens, otherwise I have plenty of proof to go to the BBB.

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry33778 View Post
    I don't know if any of you are still having this problem but I found a web page on ST website that states that the bluetooth feature can be used on other devices, such as car kits.

Here is the link: http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...pagation=end#g

Based on this I have complained to Elston, again, and demanded a refund since neither phone, the original nor replacement, is working properly. I'll let you guys know if something happens, otherwise I have plenty of proof to go to the BBB.
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightTalk website

This phone supports the following profiles:

Headset Profile (HSP): Is the most commonly used profile. It connects most Bluetooth® enabled headsets with Bluetooth enabled phones.

Hands-Free Profile (HPF): Allow car hands-free kits to communicate with mobile phones in the car. Be advised that not all cars can pair with all phone models due to some car manufacturer restrictions.

Object Push Profile (OPP): Provides connection to send "objects" such as pictures, virtual business cards, or appointments details.

File transfer: used to transfer files to and from Bluetooth devices.

Dial-up networking (DUN): Used to provide Internet access for Bluetooth devices through the home’s modem.

Serial port (SPP): used to connect to other Bluetooth devices through a virtual serial port.

Advance Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

Service Discovery Application Profile
    Notice the part about DUN. I think that's a misprint where it says 'home's modem' it should be 'phone's modem' and based on the TOS, I bet they delete this portion in the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast