Thread: HTC Incredible Not Playing .WMV?

Phones
    SE k790a Unlocked/Unbranded
    Always Looking for More
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility GSM
    Feedback Score

HTC Incredible Not Playing .WMV?

So my friend got the HTC Incredible on Verizon this past week and we cannot find out how to play .WMV files for the life of us. I also can't seem to find a media player app built into the phone whatsoever. How am I missing this?

The file shows up in a file explorer program as being recognized as a .WMV file and it was a mobile BluRay rip straight from the disc using the legal option to make a backup.

Thanks for any help regarding this, it is driving us nuts and I haven't been able to find an answer online anywhere.

Mike

Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettaguy87
    So my friend got the HTC Incredible on Verizon this past week and we cannot find out how to play .WMV files for the life of us. I also can't seem to find a media player app built into the phone whatsoever. How am I missing this?

The file shows up in a file explorer program as being recognized as a .WMV file and it was a mobile BluRay rip straight from the disc using the legal option to make a backup.

Thanks for any help regarding this, it is driving us nuts and I haven't been able to find an answer online anywhere.

Mike
    well my nexus one had this problem where if i received a .WMV in an email as attachement, when i clicked it, it wouldnt play. if i saved the attachment as a file to the memory card, and then open it with a file explorer, the file plays just fine. so have you ttried doing that? otherwise i have no clue.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Phones
    SE k790a Unlocked/Unbranded
    Always Looking for More
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility GSM
    Feedback Score
    My friend was using a file explorer and it was loaded onto the microSD card. I feel like it might be protected even though it said you could make a backup to SD or your computer.

Mike

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If it's like the Droid, the gallery app is the video player, but you should be able to open it from the explorer. I understand wmv is problematic when the screen size or resolution is excessive. I've had the most success with yxflash. There is a free trial version and paid.