Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9900
    SOLD-Nextel I850,
    SOLD-Motorola V360
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score

Portland/Vancouver 3G T-mobile

Well I'm currently with AT&T and just getting tired of delays on calls and the 3G slowness plus the switching from 3G to Edge. So whats everyones experiences with the 3G here around Portland? The gf has a t-mobile dash which is just edge and she has good luck with it but I don't know anyone with a 3G device on t-mobile.

Thanks,

Phones
    White Galaxy S5, White iPhone 5
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    3G coverage is bound to be weaker than 2G/EDGE because 3G is still really being deployed.

3G coverage is getting better here but they still need to upgrade certain towers to 3G, this is the case in many other markets.. so it's really something you have to look into for yourself. If I lived in North Las Vegas and not South Las Vegas my experience with 3G would be totally different, 3G extremely solid in NLV, I've only seen EDGE once or twice there. Fully use your 14 day remorse period and port in from AT&T if everything checks out for you.

Speaks for itself, Sprint. Try more actions and not lip service.
    Google+

Phones
    HTC Dash 3G
    HTC Sensation XE
    HTC HD2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Have been on T-Mobile's 3G network in PDX since September 2008. Speed is usually good, but not exceptional, around 700 kbit/s down on average on all of my 3G handsets. Both 2G and 3G signals are weak inside my house in North Hazel Dell, and I lose 3G signal (and barely get 2G) in restrooms, elevators and stairwells in my downtown high-rise office building a few blocks from Keller. There is (currently) no 3G coverage in Wilsonville south of Costco, where Fry's is, but EDGE delivers surprisingly good speed there.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9900
    SOLD-Nextel I850,
    SOLD-Motorola V360
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Ah okay yeah i'm around costco in Vancouver so I know the 2G signal is pretty strong but didn't know about the 3G. Hows the Call quality been for ya? And how many bars do you lose from outside to inside?

Have you noticed improvements on the 3G areas since you first got 3G in September of 2008?

Phones
    HTC Dash 3G
    HTC Sensation XE
    HTC HD2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When I am indoors, 3G phones tend to flip back and forth between 2G and 3G because the 3G signal is usually weaker. Some phones are slow doing the transition and service is lost momentarily.

I haven't noticed any change in coverage or speed, whether it's 2G or 3G, in the last couple of years.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9900
    SOLD-Nextel I850,
    SOLD-Motorola V360
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, So hows the call quality and dropped calls for ya at your house plus in your daily routine?

Phones
    HTC Dash 3G
    HTC Sensation XE
    HTC HD2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To be honest I don't spend much time talking on the phone (I use less than 100 of the 700 shared monthly minutes on my family plan, and about another 100 anytime minutes), so any statistics from me are not going to be very meaningful. Now I do remember when I started using 3G, I got quite a few dropped calls at home, even when the signal seemed strong enough, but I don't recall that happening in the last 6 months. The most recent dropped call was 3 days ago when I stepped into the elevator at work while on a call. For some reason T-Mobile's signal just doesn't penetrate buildings very well.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9900
    SOLD-Nextel I850,
    SOLD-Motorola V360
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Thats good to hear your not getting as many dropped calls on 3g in the past couple of months. Yeah elevators are the worst for holding a call in with all the metal and cement around them. Yeah even at&t doesn't hold 3G very well. If your on the phone mine constantly drops to edge or gprs. Then you have to literally hangup and wait for 3g to come back.