Thread: LG220C Can't receive picture messages

Phone
    LG220C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

LG220C Can't receive picture messages

Just got StraightTalk and a LG220C phone. Everything worked ok as far as porting and I was up and running in less than 2 hours.

My wife sends me text message with pictures from Verizon and they never come through. On the ST site it says the phone can receive MMS messages. Is this phone able to receive text messages with attached pictures? Her phone says the message sent successfully and I don't get anything on my end.

Tried to call customer service, but the recording said all lines are busy, call back later.

Phone
    Samsung T340G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    No this model phone doesn't support picture messaging which I think is stupid. I have the LG 220c as well and everytime someone try to sent me a text with pic attached, I never receive it.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Same story with me, too. The 220c is apparently ONLY for voice. I'll keep mine for a while longer, but I'm going to get a better phone that actually can do more.

Phone
    LG220C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Bummer... Guess I'll deal with it for now. Thanks.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusrock1
    Bummer... Guess I'll deal with it for now. Thanks.
    If you purchased at WalMart, consider a return/purchase of another phone during the return period, as WalMart is leinent with returns.

Phone
    LG220C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I actually like the phone, just a little upset I can't receive pictures. Also wish it had a camera. However, I switched to ST and bought this phone to save a few bucks every month, so it's worth a few little inconveniences.

Feedback Score
    actually, a few months back, I can notice that whenever your LG220 phone displays "Internet Service not Enabled" when you call customer service, you can get a free upgrade to LG290C and all you have to bear are the days for which you will be without a phone. But they changed it now. dang... LG220 phones are to be replaced with LG220 phone

Phone
    LG 290c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I haven't played with pic msgs much. I did try to send a pic to a friend who uses another pay as you go service, he didn't get any of the ones I tried to send. I *have* sent and received pics to another friend who is also on Straight Talk. I'll have to try to send a pic to someone who's on a reg carrier.