Thread: Can a suspended number be ported?

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3m, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid2 Global (white)
    Motorola Droid X2
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Can a suspended number be ported?

I was about a month ago a vzw customer but really got tired of them I am with a new carrier now and want to know

I left my account on not so good terms the number is currently suspended if I try to do a number port will it work

Phones
    LG
    LG
    Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    To port a number, it must be active

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwsga
    I was about a month ago a vzw customer but really got tired of them I am with a new carrier now and want to know

I left my account on not so good terms the number is currently suspended if I try to do a number port will it work
    If your new carrier is Straight Talk, you never really left you could say. Just saying..
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Feedback Score
    Not sure what not so good terms means. If you have a past due balance they aren't going to release the line.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The FCC doesn't allow companies to "hold a number hostage" for having a past due bill. But if the bill has gone unpaid for a while your number will have been canceled.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Droid Incredible
    Samsung 4G LC11
    Carrier
    Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent
    Not sure what not so good terms means. If you have a past due balance they aren't going to release the line.
    It means he skipped out on the bill because he doesn't feel he should pay for services rendered to him that he agreed to pay for.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.
    Every time you ask whether you can use a VZW smartphone without a data plan, God kills a kitten.
    And by God, I mean me - and by kitten, I mean many kittens. So many kittens.

Mobile Phone History by Carrier - on Pastebin

Phones
    IPhone 5
    Verizon/Motorola W755
    AT&T Blackberry Bold 9700 for work
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They'll send a collection agency after you...but you probably already have crappy credit.

Phones
    IPhone 5
    Verizon/Motorola W755
    AT&T Blackberry Bold 9700 for work
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent
    wrong...they don't have a choice in the matter--I hope you aren't really an agent! The phone will be blacklisted though and so it can't be sold and then reactivated.

Phones
    Motorola v710
    Audiovox 8910
    Nokia 3587i
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Everyone complains about how the cell phone companies try to rip people off but the FCC is so in bed with certain groups that it is the consumer who they claim to be helping that actually gets screwed. Basically the FCC says that if you decide you don't want service with VZN or whoever any more you can walk away and there isn't a whole lot they can do about it no matter what kind of contract you have agreed to.

If ever you really want to get sick check out how the CATV companies are allowed to put it to everyone including every other company with the FCC's blessing. I used to be deeply involved in contract negotiations between CATV companies and utilities or cities. All of a sudden one day the FCC wiped out all of those contracts and told the utilities or cities what the CATV companies would do and how much they would pay. At the same time they told the CATV companies they could charge their customers whatever they wanted to with no oversight.

http://fcc.gov/cgb/NumberPortability/#earlyfee

However, once a consumer has requested service from a new carrier, the old carrier may not delay or refuse to port a number even if that individual owes money for an outstanding balance or termination fee.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Motorola Q9 Global (retired after three years)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8525: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig
    They'll send a collection agency after you...but you probably already have crappy credit.
    Maybe the op feels he owes Verizon nothing and that's his choice not to pay the bill. I'm sure the op is aware about collections hurting a credit report.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Phones
    EVO LTE
    EVO LTE
    Wishing for a CDMA smartphone w/ptt
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is this the out the country suspension or is it the not pay your bill suspension, either way you should be able to port. None of that excuses any balances due.